As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ceci n'est pas une webcomic thread

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    xLmO8.jpg

• Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    heh heh

baking

I'll bet

(happy 4/20)

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    286.png
    http://tjandamal.com/comic/?id=286 she has these pages tagged as nsfw so I will only post this one. I MEAN CMON ITS JUST SOME FINGER SUCKING, pfffft.

3f3a92a1cc2d70e4921639f046346cb1634938824.png
    http://toy.the-comic.org/comics/

Kochikens on
  • Options
    VlqKA.jpg

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    I just read through Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I'm kinda surprised at how similar it is to many other things, though I guess that's to be expected. Also I was unprepared for, since this happened before all those big deconstructive works mentioned last page, how goddamned earnest it was about its comic-book-y-ness.
    Supergirl's death actually felt genuinely well excecuted, though.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    That thing from TJ and Amal? The best thing to do.

I did that this morning to my guy, just because.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    algeya wrote: »
    anyway topic appart
    2012-04-18-themuppets.png
    what kind of college give those classes??'
    I dont think that overthinking about the muppets is a good teaching for students that are
    skill sets that they need to have a career that will help you to earn money improve society
    during your adult years

that kind of education is for high school, is all american colleges in your country like that or it just
    the dumbing of age school is like that??

Well I am assuming they are taking a gender studies course of some kind.

It's not uncommon for a class like that to look at examples in pop culture to illustrate how gender issues are portrayed in the media. Talking about how a show for children such as the Muppets handles these things is a perfectly valid topic for those kind of studies and isn't over thinking at all.

I'm an English major who mostly takes english, philosophy, and humanities classes. For me, university is much more about this kind of stuff than say, getting good at math or science.

• Options
    But right about now, I'm wishing I had gotten more of the "getting good at math or science" from university.

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    I'm pretty much going in with the thought that if I can get a job in a related field, great, if not I still have a degree and I still learnt plenty of skills that I will personally use for the rest of my life. I'm not gonna force myself to do shit I hate just to get a good job out of it.

• Options
    oG0Nc.jpg

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    I just read through Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I'm kinda surprised at how similar it is to many other things, though I guess that's to be expected. Also I was unprepared for, since this happened before all those big deconstructive works mentioned last page, how goddamned earnest it was about its comic-book-y-ness.
    Supergirl's death actually felt genuinely well excecuted, though.

it was pretty darn good!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    That thing from TJ and Amal? The best thing to do.

I did that this morning to my guy, just because.

You are getting me hot under the collar tsk tsk stop it you rogue

or
    um
    continue

Kochikens on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Buttlord wrote: »
    Mayday wrote: »
    Enc wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »

How does gravity work???

lol if you think a person who is smart enough to know about gravity would write or read superhero comics

i uh

you

<--- doesn't know SHIT about gravity

just

floats in the air all the time

reading superhero comics

EDIT: living the high life

ahahah best edit ever

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    lmzrj.jpg

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    Is that supposed to be a human woman in panels one and four

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    ivQxV.png

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    jerkcity4863.gif

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Neuromancer was fantastic. Also William has written several quality tales in recent years. He's never written a yarn that I did not enjoy.

• Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    Kevin "I wrote myself into a corner so I had to have Black Cat get raped" Smith turned it down, huh

Maybe cause it's cause I only saw one comic and not the whole storyline, but I'm not sure why this gets such a bad rap

I mean, of the hundreds of women in comics, it doesn't seem to be unreasonable to say that one's had a case of sexual assault in their past

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There's a list somewhere online that has all the of the women in comics who have been raped or sexually assaulted.

I remember it being very long.

Edit:
    unheardtaunts.com/wir/women.html

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »
    Kevin "I wrote myself into a corner so I had to have Black Cat get raped" Smith turned it down, huh

Maybe cause it's cause I only saw one comic and not the whole storyline, but I'm not sure why this gets such a bad rap

I mean, of the hundreds of women in comics, it doesn't seem to be unreasonable to say that one's had a case of sexual assault in their past

HAHA

"one"

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Here's an appaling statistic.

"One in five (21%) women reported she had been raped or physically or sexually assaulted in her lifetime.
    (The Commonwealth Fund, Health Concerns Across a Woman’s Lifespan: 1998 Survey of Women’s Health, 1999)"

http://www.dvrc-or.org/domestic/violence/resources/C61/

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Scooter wrote: »

Well besides being fairly repulsive, it's the laziest shit in the world and Kevin Smith is a terrible hack writer

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    maritzac wrote: »
    Here's an appaling statistic.

"One in five (21%) women reported she had been raped or physically or sexually assaulted in her lifetime.
    (The Commonwealth Fund, Health Concerns Across a Woman’s Lifespan: 1998 Survey of Women’s Health, 1999)"

http://www.dvrc-or.org/domestic/violence/resources/C61/

HYKi0.png

42% of the surveyed said they had been sexually assaulted by law enforcement

• Options
    Rape in the US military is also scary as fuck.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/14/health/military-sexual-assaults-personality-disorder/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
    Despite the Defense Department's "zero tolerance" policy, there were 3,191 military sexual assaults reported in 2011. Given that most sexual assaults are not reported, the Pentagon estimates the actual number was probably closer to 19,000.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    And we continue on along this cheery discussion because people saw a Sohmer comic and, instead of properly just sliding on down to the next post, decide to actually look directly at it.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Rape in the US military is also scary as fuck.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/14/health/military-sexual-assaults-personality-disorder/index.html?hpt=hp_t3
    Despite the Defense Department's "zero tolerance" policy, there were 3,191 military sexual assaults reported in 2011. Given that most sexual assaults are not reported, the Pentagon estimates the actual number was probably closer to 19,000.

I used to be in the army, as you may know. My seven years younger sister is currently in boot. I gave her a long talking to about this topic.

Also, I was likely raped by a fellow male soldier back in 99-2000. Along with a few other folk in my unit that didn't have solid proof when a guy in our barracks got sent to hard labor for drugging and raping people in our section of the barracks.

• Options
    It's all Bachan's fault XD

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    There's a list somewhere online that has all the of the women in comics who have been raped or sexually assaulted.

I remember it being very long.

Edit:
    unheardtaunts.com/wir/women.html

Playing devils advocate here but not all of those were rapes, pregnancy by rape, or mind control. I'm not opposed to have rape as part of character's PAST as long as it doesnt set them up as a victim that needs to be "rehabilitated" by other characters. Explicitly. In oil.

Stiiiiiiiiiillll......
    The better list would be that one they made that showed the ratio of men to women of having bad shit happen to them and then they get better. Batman and Batgirl both get their spines broke but he jumps back in. etc.

• Options
    I once got put on punitive detail for not letting a squadmate stash his extra hooker in my room.

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Jesus, fuck.

That's some vile shit.

Dux on
  • Options
    Thankfully, all of these fuckheads are dead now.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I once got put on punitive detail for not letting a squadmate stash his extra hooker in my room.

Tell me Hooker is British speak for backpack.

• Options
    algeyaalgeya Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    And we continue on along this cheery discussion because people saw a Sohmer comic and, instead of properly just sliding on down to the next post, decide to actually look directly at it.

he is like a black hole that swallow everyone inside with no hope for an escape

• Options
    Weaver wrote: »

Tell me Hooker is British speak for backpack.

No it was full on waking me up at 3am, him saying "Hey, I'ma fuck this one, you can whatever with her." so then I had a hooker in my room.

I don't cover people. She was drunk and high as a kite. So after I calmed her down and got her to stop trying to fuck me, I woke the squad lead, and yep, for doing the right thing, I receiver permanent scorn.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »

I think awareness of important topics and issues is really fucking good. This isn't people sitting around bitching about how much LICD sucks or getting angry about webcomics.

• Options
    If anything, I do think the discussion on Moore (and related topics) is more interesting than a discussion on how lesbians are sexy bros.

(does an eyeroll so violently she sees the inside of her skull)

• Options
    I really picked the wrong thread to open up about with a thing that's been eating at me for..eleven or twelve years.

This discussion has been closed.