As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Blue Screen of [chat]

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Mim wrote: »
    Hey desc

yer a jerk

p.s. i got accepted by JET

@simonwolf congrats man i know how much you wanted it

Thanks buddy

It is certainly a weight off my shoulders, now that I actually have something lined up

next step: escaping this awful, awful country

You know this means I'm coming to visit you and we're hitting up Jesus' burial site, right?

hubba hubba

We'll get there, and I'll pull some crazy Baptist church shit and freak all the Japanese people out.

You'll blend in perfectly

I'll bring the snakes for you to handle

Speaking as a former Baptist, I feel I should inform you that it is Pentecostals that have snake-handling traditions.

They'll fit in when I start speaking in tongues to them.

• Options
    Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I am trying to watch Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I cannot add Avatar on to it too!

Also, I am really loving Young Justice on CN. My dad was watching the episodes back to back that he had recorded and I was hooked.
    Young Justice is pretty good, i like it

Green Lantern the Animated Series is pretty entertaining

Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes is good minus the horrendous intro song which can be skipped, Season 2 just started, i really enjoy this cartoon

Ultimate Spider-Man is unfortunately disappointing so far

Legend of Korra obviously is amazeballs and i watched those first 2 episodes in 1080p because they put them out for free and damn is it pretty, and even better animated than Avatar, and Avatar is amazeballs, so you should watch Avatar, yes (it's on netflix and amazon prime streaming btw)

Breaking Bad is probably my favorite "serious" show of all time though
    Never got further than 2 episodes into Mad Men, should try at some point

but i have a lot on my plate

Aww, you didn't like Ultimate Spider-Man? My dad said he wasn't a big fan of all the cut scenes, but I kind of enjoy it. Granted, I've only seen on episode.

I am going to be keeping up with Young Justice for sure.

I just saw the trailer for Ultimate Spider-Man but it seems to completely miss the point on everything that makes Spider-Man great.

That and the toy placement. Oh god the toy placement.

Disco Terrier on
    yGxvf.png
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    *gasp*

Where is Korra available for free? I missed the second episode.
    iTunes I think?

Also, I deeply, deeply regretted watching BSG to its ending. Serious turn downhill after All Along the Watchtower.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    *gasp*

On itunes.

Korra so far has had amazing animation quality.

Seriously as an animation nerd it is mind-blowing.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Somebody should make Avatar Abridged. I found it much too slow moving to watch, so I'd just have it on the background. Then I noticed I wasn't paying any attention to it at all, so I just stopped.

yeah I watched some episodes and found it meh

• Options
    Bethryn wrote: »
    *gasp*

iTunes I think?

Also, I deeply, deeply regretted watching BSG to its ending. Serious turn downhill after All Along the Watchtower.

Man, I liked BSG until the very end. There was a LOT of shit that did not make sense to me, but I want too wrapped up in the characters to really think about it.

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    *gasp*

iTunes I think?

Same here although really I think it was way downhill after
    The trial of Gaius Baltar

and even though that was totally awesome it barely made up for the suck that was
    pretty much all of new caprica

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

BSG with Starbuck and Adama, yeah, great show but then it hit a brick wall, the writers wrote themselves into a hole they could not escape and that ending stank. But the spin-off movies and Caprica were enjoyable.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    Sitting in a car in the sun waiting sucks

• Options
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Man, that's my favorite thing to do. Sit in the sun in the car. Tan. Nap a little, the sun being your warm blanket.

good times

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular

Is it because there isn't a rock for you to sit on? :P

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Starbuck needs to be in more stuff. Give her a role in Game of Thrones, everybody else is in that series already. She can join in.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Somebody should make Avatar Abridged. I found it much too slow moving to watch, so I'd just have it on the background. Then I noticed I wasn't paying any attention to it at all, so I just stopped.

yeah I watched some episodes and found it meh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdpG92dsx1A
    first 30 seconds

Bethryn on
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I love Breaking Bad, but it is bleeeeaaaaakkkkk....

Which of course any show about meth should be bleak, but after watching an episode I want to traipse through alpine meadows filled with wildflowers just to make myself feel better.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    *gasp*

iTunes I think?

Eh, I am glad I watched it all the way through. Still one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

But this is a debate as old as cake versus pie, so best leave it at that.
    cake wins every time

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    The first season is slow until two thirds in. Then it gets awesome. So far season two has stayed awesome. You have to finish at least the first season!

• Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular

Are you Jesse Pinkman?

Psn:wazukki
  • Options

BSG with Starbuck and Adama, yeah, great show but then it hit a brick wall, the writers wrote themselves into a hole they could escape and that ending stank. But the spin-off movies and Caprica were enjoyable.

what spin-off movies were you watching?

• Options

Man, that's my favorite thing to do. Sit in the sun in the car. Tan. Nap a little, the sun being your warm blanket.

good times

This is in the desert. So the sun is hot and unforgiving

• Options
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I've not been able to bring myself to watch anything more than Season 1. It was certainly good TV, but so intensely depressing with so many awful people who are really just utter shitlords that I couldn't really gain any pleasure from watching it.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dunadan is waiting for his target to exit the building so he can get a clear shot and drive away quickly.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »

Which of course any show about meth should be bleak, but after watching an episode I want to traipse through alpine meadows filled with wildflowers just to make myself feel better.

there was one episode i watched and i was so depressed after i just stood in the shower for like 30 minutes

but its so good

poo
  • Options
    Starbuck needs to be in more stuff. Give her a role in Game of Thrones, everybody else is in that series already. She can join in.

BITCH PUDDING IN THE HOUSE OF STARK

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

BSG with Starbuck and Adama, yeah, great show but then it hit a brick wall, the writers wrote themselves into a hole they could escape and that ending stank. But the spin-off movies and Caprica were enjoyable.

I am assuming he means Razor and The Plan. Both of which are pretty decent.

Mind you, Razor came out during the run of the show and is relevant and important to the main plot, and The Plan after, which really just ties a bow around stuff that could be assumed or implied from the show itself.

The destruction of the colonies while the hybrid called it out was well done though. So very well done.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »

BITCH PUDDING IN THE HOUSE OF STARK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNH1z86g3s

(obviously NSFW)

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Toph is the best

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »

Mind you, Razor came out during the run of the show and is relevant and important to the main plot, and The Plan after, which really just ties a bow around stuff that could be assumed or implied from the show itself.

The destruction of the colonies while the hybrid called it out was well done though. So very well done.

I guess I need to re-watch The Plan because I...did not like it.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Hey desc

yer a jerk

Thanks buddy

It is certainly a weight off my shoulders, now that I actually have something lined up

You know this means I'm coming to visit you and we're hitting up Jesus' burial site, right?

hubba hubba

We'll get there, and I'll pull some crazy Baptist church shit and freak all the Japanese people out.

Speaking as a former Baptist, I feel I should inform you that it is Pentecostals that have snake-handling traditions.

Listen it's all crazy American Christianity, let's not pretend one branch makes more sense than the others

True enough, I don't follow any of them anymore. Although, Baptists (but not Southern Baptists) are fairly level headed, and a little less bat-shit.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Hey desc

yer a jerk

Thanks buddy

hubba hubba

Listen it's all crazy American Christianity, let's not pretend one branch makes more sense than the others

True enough, I don't follow any of them anymore. Although, Baptists (but not Southern Baptists) are fairly level headed, and a little less bat-shit.

I wish I knew your Baptists.

• Options
    I watched a minute of Korra in 1080p from iTunes just to see how it looked and it was amazing. I think Korra is gonna be the first television show I pay for on iTunes unless the delay is too long.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    In the news, more American soldiers are caught photographing themselves in very poor situations.

For God's sake people, if you take a digital photograph it is going to get out.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    syndalis wrote: »

I guess I need to re-watch The Plan because I...did not like it.

The Plan is not great... it's decent. There are a few really good scenes in it, but I consider it to be akin to an average episode of the show with a slightly better budget.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    Hey desc

yer a jerk

Thanks buddy

hubba hubba

Biblically?

• Options
    I am trying to watch Breaking Bad and Mad Men. I cannot add Avatar on to it too!

Also, I am really loving Young Justice on CN. My dad was watching the episodes back to back that he had recorded and I was hooked.
    Young Justice is pretty good, i like it

Green Lantern the Animated Series is pretty entertaining

Avengers Earths Mightiest Heroes is good minus the horrendous intro song which can be skipped, Season 2 just started, i really enjoy this cartoon

Ultimate Spider-Man is unfortunately disappointing so far

Legend of Korra obviously is amazeballs and i watched those first 2 episodes in 1080p because they put them out for free and damn is it pretty, and even better animated than Avatar, and Avatar is amazeballs, so you should watch Avatar, yes (it's on netflix and amazon prime streaming btw)

Breaking Bad is probably my favorite "serious" show of all time though
    Never got further than 2 episodes into Mad Men, should try at some point

but i have a lot on my plate

Aww, you didn't like Ultimate Spider-Man? My dad said he wasn't a big fan of all the cut scenes, but I kind of enjoy it. Granted, I've only seen on episode.

I am going to be keeping up with Young Justice for sure.

I just saw the trailer for Ultimate Spider-Man but it seems to completely miss the point on everything that makes Spider-Man great.

That and the toy placement. Oh god the toy placement.

I didn't see any toy placement in the episode I watched. I like it based off the one episode I saw. It kind of changed things up, like Aunt May isn't so old and sad.

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I watched a minute of Korra in 1080p from iTunes just to see how it looked and it was amazing. I think Korra is gonna be the first television show I pay for on iTunes unless the delay is too long.

pfft i rewatched the whole thing in 1080p after watching it once when it was streaming cuz it was SO DAMN PURDY

i might actually pay for it too because

1080p's to my ipad for e z

poo
  • Options
    Hey desc

yer a jerk

Thanks buddy

hubba hubba

Biblically?

God, no.

• Options
    Sigh. This sucks

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Breaking Bad has some depressing moments, I guess? But on a scale of Winnie the Pooh to Requiem For a Dream, it doesn't rate. And it's goddamn magnificent television.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Sigh. This sucks

I would trade you places if I could. I stepped outside in a t-shirt and some short pants and froze my ass off. 68 degrees after a semi-chilly 80?! I am hoping it heats the fuck up.

edit: Oh god, it's 57 degrees and cloudy. AHHH.

Mim on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    From my experience American Methodists are pretty moderate too

This discussion has been closed.