As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure no one here is going pro so people should probably do whatever is fun.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    TannerMS wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure no one here is going pro so people should probably do whatever is fun.

Yeah, I meant at the pro level, I don't really care what people are doing below that unless they're me.

• Options
    And I'm cheesing motherfuckers erry day.

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    Dimaga's strategy on dual sight: let protoss get a third base for free.

o_O

I don't care if he wins. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with his play.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    Hero wins by feinting colos with hallucinate. Don't care what happens for the rest of this game now.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    mEEksamEEksa Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    mEEksa wrote: »
    Dimaga is the best at late game ZvP patience, I wish more Z's would take heed.

You enjoy games likes that? I hope no Zergs take heed.

Who cares if anyone enjoys it, it works so people should do it.

They should do it, but I don't want them to, because I'm a spectator and I care if the games are enjoyable to watch. You are a spectator too, so I'm curious why you want to watch hour long games where a Zerg sits on top of a spine wall.

• Options
    Ok, this series is just kind of retarded. Free third for protoss. Blink suicide into main. Engage without storm. And then counter counter-aggression with blind a-move against storm.

And then the turtle... Sigh. Maybe this time Hero will use his multi-tasking to actually abuse dimaga's passivity.

• Options
    They're blatant facepalm mistakes though. Hurts me inside.

• Options
    I'm actually enjoying this game. Sure they are both making a bunch of stupid mistakes but it is exciting because of it.

• Options
    Dimaga is the best at late game ZvP patience, I wish more Z's would take heed.

You enjoy games likes that? I hope no Zergs take heed.

Who cares if anyone enjoys it, it works so people should do it.

They should do it, but I don't want them to, because I'm a spectator and I care if the games are enjoyable to watch. You are a spectator too, so I'm curious why you want to watch hour long games where a Zerg sits on top of a spine wall.

I'd rather watch a game where both players play to their best at the time and we get to see who wins, instead of one guy using an inferior strategy for the sake of entertainment.

Ideally the best strategy is also interesting to watch but that's a fault of the game and not the players.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Into retarded base trade. Yeah I don't know what to say. -_-

EDIT: lol, one extractor.

Kambing on
  • Options
    fester/bl is basically zerg mech

• Options
    edited April 2012
    It's kind of funny that both Terran and Protoss have started avoiding the Zerg lategame army and going for counter-attacks and base trades instead.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    And this is why we stopped going ling/bane in ZvP. Although I guess if dima had the foresight to drop a macro hatch on lair transition he might've been able to hold it.

• Options
    Better baneling micro and a macro hatch would probably have been enough to hold.

• Options
    Better baneling micro and a macro hatch would probably have been enough to hold.

There's no such thing as better baneling micro when FFs are involved. There's only cross your fingers and hope the protoss doesn't FF properly.

• Options
    Kambing wrote: »

There's no such thing as better baneling micro when FFs are involved. There's only cross your fingers and hope the protoss doesn't FF properly.

After the FFs went down he should have pulled the banelings back. He lost like 5-6 just from having them run up against the FFs.

• Options
    You can bait out some ff's easily with lings, you just gotta be patient and force the toss to waste enough before you finally engage.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Anyone got ideas for how to make lategame ZvP less stupid?

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    NASL finally started to want to compete with IPL this season. Been good so far.

But also, can't really beat bitterdam.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

also chance the esports dog

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Dhalphir wrote: »

Toss needs better raiding ability, zerg needs to be able to engage directly without having to mass a ridiculous army.

Also nerfing marines would help.

edit: Really a zerg 300 food army isn't all that great and toss needs more ways to reward good multitasking.

815165 on
  • Options

Remove Protoss from the game and replace with Terran.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular

Toss needs better raiding ability, zerg needs to be able to engage directly without having to mass a ridiculous army.

Late game Protoss raiding ability is unbelievably good. Are you crazy? DTs and upgraded chargelots are brutal to deal with in small army numbers.

• Options
    You want an engagement out of your base in open ground to be able to exploit drawing out FFs. The problem with ling/bane on certain maps against protoss is the big-scary timing comes out before zerg can push their units out of the chokes into their base. If Protoss gets in there like Hero did in that last game, then baiting FFs doesn't help because you don't have anywhere to run to. You end up gambling by making more units earlier than you'd like, but if protoss ends up being passive, you fall behind.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    A big part of the problem is spine crawlers. It gives the Zerg a way to free up supply, use their minerals, and makes it nigh impossible for the Protoss to attack. Could fix by making maps bigger or giving Protoss the arbiter again.

mEEksa on
  • Options
    Late game ZvP is exactly like mid-game mech TvZ. The player with the more mobile army needs to start harassing their opponent to death. For TvZ, it's roach drops while teching to broods. In ZvP, it's warp prism and blink stalker play.

• Options

Late game Protoss raiding ability is unbelievably good. Are you crazy? DTs and upgraded chargelots are brutal to deal with in small army numbers.

Better mid game raiding would lead to less of the end game situations we're seeing though, where both economies are largely untouched which usually just leads to the boring deathball vs deathball crap.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

also chance the esports dog

I'm not familiar with the history behind the genesis of the dog's name, but wasn't "chance" an unknown player that got really far in NASL? Is that why the dog is named chance? Kind of like an honor?

edit: and I would totally buy BitterDam a drink hoping to get them a bit looser for later. God damn.

Lilnoobs on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Super awesome TvT I just played. Yeah, I should have figured cheese and bunkered, but that last second Hellion hero really saved the day. Awesome!

repimg-33-261248.jpg

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    "Ready to roll out!" - Siege Tank

That or the "you want a piece of me, boy".

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    Late game ZvP is exactly like mid-game mech TvZ. The player with the more mobile army needs to start harassing their opponent to death. For TvZ, it's roach drops while teching to broods. In ZvP, it's warp prism and blink stalker play.

What exactly is more mobile about a Protoss army when your opponent has speed roaches or speed lings.

• Options
    edited April 2012

What exactly is more mobile about a Protoss army when your opponent has speed roaches or speed lings.

If it's late game, then the zerg army is broodlord/infestor which is cost-effective but immobile. If it's still predominately lings and roaches then you still retain the army tech advantage and it's on the zerg to mitigate that with harassment or sheer numbers.

Kambing on
  • Options

If it's late game, then the zerg army is broodlord/infestor which is cost-effective but immobile. If it's still predominately lings and roaches then you still retain the army tech advantage and it's on the zerg to mitigate that with harassment or sheer numbers.

I don't know why you think that having broodlord infestor precludes having any roaches or speedlings

Are you expecting the Protoss to just have 40 blink stalkers kicking around that he can happily run all over the map despite the fact that if they get fungalled they are DEAD

• Options

I don't know why you think that having broodlord infestor precludes having any roaches or speedlings

Are you expecting the Protoss to just have 40 blink stalkers kicking around that he can happily run all over the map despite the fact that if they get fungalled they are DEAD

Don't be dense. The point of the harassment is precisely punishing your opponent for leaning too heavily towards T3 or forcing them to include cost-ineffective units in their mix so that they can properly deal with it. And what I expect Protoss to do is precisely what is expected against zerg when facing mech. Abuse the immobility of your opponent's core army and force action on your opponent's side of the map while you build up tech and infrastructure to deal with the deathball.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Zerg is OP guys, that's why the GSL Ro8 is all zerg players, right? :P

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Harassment by itself is fine for PvZ lategame. DTs and stuff are awesome vs bl/infestor armies. But you still gotta deal with the army sooner or later, and the "build tech and infrastructure to deal with the zerg deathball" basically boils down to "get a fucking mothership or you lose"

Which is the stupid part of ZvP lategame.

protoss has mothership - can win in a stupid way with one well placed vortex and the Zerg has very little ability to do anything about it
    protoss has no mothership - can not win

I want to see the mothership gone, fungal reduced to a 60-80% snare for a longer duration and maybe some more damage rather than a root, and Broodlords being retuned to be Guardians instead.
    Also, infestors need to be smaller - they are way too easy to target for feedback, from my experience

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    the problem is is that their solution to the pvz deathball being unwinnable for zergs is that they decided to make the zvp deathball stronger

it's a big battle of dumb units made by dumb people

• Options
    Anzekay wrote: »

i dont think zerg is OP, i think the ZvP matchup sucks

something can be balanced and still suck

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

i dont think zerg is OP, i think the ZvP matchup sucks

something can be balanced and still suck

Okay well you only just got to talking about that rather than talking about how Zerg can do X thing that protoss can't deal with or whatever you were trying to say to kambing :P

This discussion has been closed.