As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[StarCraft2] POST IN THE NEW THREAD. DIABLO KILLED THIS ONE.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    rough day of gsl

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    p wins, those medivacs are done

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    How can squirtle just toss a key unit like a colossus away in a tight even base-race game and still win?

fuck this game

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »
    I wish you couldn't ff ramps. it sucks that he can do that attack, it doesn't work, and T can't ... do anything, P just expands and techs and is pretty safe.

Terran could not cut scvs the way Taeja did. It was 26 probes to 24. Thats pretty unforgivable when you go reaper expand.

I don't understand what you mean, but he also had to pull up his ramp and throw down 2 bunkers really fast. when was he down? also what difference does it make when he can't mine from his nat because he's stuck up his ramp?

• Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    I'd like to see the final be MVP vs Hero

But most likely it'll be parting vs squirtle.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    How can squirtle just toss a key unit like a colossus away in a tight even base-race game and still win?

fuck this game

did you watch taeja's crappy attack on squirtle's new base?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    I wish you couldn't ff ramps. it sucks that he can do that attack, it doesn't work, and T can't ... do anything, P just expands and techs and is pretty safe.

Terran could not cut scvs the way Taeja did. It was 26 probes to 24. Thats pretty unforgivable when you go reaper expand.

I don't understand what you mean, but he also had to pull up his ramp and throw down 2 bunkers really fast. when was he down? also what difference does it make when he can't mine from his nat because he's stuck up his ramp?

Because then when he CAN mine from the nat, he has more scvs instead of being even on worker count.

Worker count is what makes your economy, not your expansion timing. I mean, this is the entire reason we tell people "just keep on making workers then maynard them when your expo finishes"

You need to keep making workers if you're defending an all-in, especially since most Protoss allins stop at 24-26 workers vs Terran.

• Options
    815165 wrote: »

fuck this game

okay, fair enough, that was silly

• Options

Because then when he CAN mine from the nat, he has more scvs instead of being even on worker count.

Worker count is what makes your economy, not your expansion timing. I mean, this is the entire reason we tell people "just keep on making workers then maynard them when your expo finishes"

You need to keep making workers if you're defending an all-in, especially since most Protoss allins stop at 24-26 workers vs Terran.

I need to know a few things though, like when this was... he had a reason to cut, he was pumping out units and bunkers for a period of time. also might have lost some in the attack? although I'm not sure. I'm more curious as to when that count was taken, I missed it.

I do have some idea of how economy works in this game :D. I also know that if they're even mules put T ahead.

I also also know that none of this matters if P can safely tech and expand while the T can't come out of his main.

• Options
    parting vs who in the finals?

• Options

I need to know a few things though, like when this was... he had a reason to cut, he was pumping out units and bunkers for a period of time. also might have lost some in the attack? although I'm not sure. I'm more curious as to when that count was taken, I missed it.

I do have some idea of how economy works in this game :D. I also know that if they're even mules put T ahead.

I also also know that none of this matters if P can safely tech and expand while the T can't come out of his main.

Immediately after squirtle first pushed up the ramp and then back down, it was 26 workers to 24, after Taeja's CC had been up for 2mins.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Parting v Squirtle imo

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options

fuck this game

"it's like he thinks he's on a clock!'... he was, storm was coming. toss had a free base behind him. it went badly but I totally get why he went for it.

• Options
    He just didn't realise how far off storm was, he could have done a similar push with loads more stuff later on and still have gotten there before storm.

• Options
    should he have just gone straight for the counter attack onto squirtle's base when he saw him moving towards his barracks?

• Options
    I'm not trying to say it's gamebreaking that he can do that or anything. I imagine it's how people feel when terran pulls scvs and uses mules. it makes up for a failure. it's how I feel when a zerg does JUST enough damage to drone heavily for a couple of rounds and completely catch up.

it's just frustrating and the game sucked for it. taeja does the right response in pulling up his ramp but ultimately gets fucked for it.

• Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular

fuck this game

"it's like he thinks he's on a clock!'... he was, storm was coming. toss had a free base behind him. it went badly but I totally get why he went for it.

it wasn't the timing of the attack that was bad, it was how he executed it

he wussed out and half-committed and it cost him

• Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    'protoss at the pro level are doing well, but not at the very top of the pro level'

unfortunate timing for blizzard there

Biosys on
  • Options
    edited May 2012

fuck this game

it wasn't the timing of the attack that was bad, it was how he executed it

he wussed out and half-committed and it cost him
    I'd have to watch again but I imagine the forcefields had something to do with that

He just didn't realise how far off storm was, he could have done a similar push with loads more stuff later on and still have gotten there before storm.

definitely.

Variable on
  • Options
    jaziek wrote: »
    should he have just gone straight for the counter attack onto squirtle's base when he saw him moving towards his barracks?

Two templars with two storms each were at squirtles base. Not that he wouldnt have potentially been able to overcome that but thats a solid defnese.

• Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Mvrck wrote: »
    So assuming there will be some sort of meetup at PAX Prime, we should set a date or something, since all the 3 day passes are sold out already (in under 24 hours.) I'm only going to grab a single day pass probably now, instead of Sat and Sunday, so yeah SC2 Thread. When will you all be at PAX and/or wanna get ridiculously drunk afterwards?

Fuckkkkk

I already have my travel plans set so I guess I'm just going to eat the $40 for three singles

EDIT: Saturday is out too? I think they're selling these things too cheaply

TannerMS on
  • Options

Immediately after squirtle first pushed up the ramp and then back down, it was 26 workers to 24, after Taeja's CC had been up for 2mins.

yeah so, right after he cut everything to get up 2 bunkers, pulled a load of scvs so was mining less, and focused everything on units? I have trouble faulting him for that. if it was still so close like a minute later then he fucked up.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    that was probably the most disappointing 2 days of gsl ever. not that it was anyone's fault obviously... the most disappointing for me before was MKP vs MVP in the finals, probably both times. but at least those were just one night.

this suuuuuuuuucked. matches went fairly as expected but I didn't expect such fast series and such ugly games. yuck!

(gogo Liquid, I'm cheering for Hero from here)

(edit - and I'm outta here, dhal I'll watch it again tomorrow, I completely get your point I just think he had reasons to not make scvs.he had to survive, that's first priority)

Variable on
  • Options
    yeah if it wasnt for being excited by the results of these games, these two nights would have sucked

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    It's nice to have your incredible Starcraft skill acknowledged from time to time (for me actually, the first time)
    PEWx9.jpg

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Well, Marty, you're on 3 base and he's on like 11 base. You also obviously have a deathball.
    =P

Oh and yeah zerg buffs:
    "We feel zerg is too weak vs all-ins early game."
    Have they been watching this game for just a week or something? Good friggin' lord.

And not every map has a reachable third that lets zerg defend vs void-ray harass.

The overlord speed is fast, mega fast. It feels like they're as fast as speed ovies in BW.
    I forgot to test if the lair speed upgrade made them even FASTER, or if the top speed capped at the previous top speed. Did anyone check?

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    I think he was mad because he managed to amass a moderate corruptor/broodlord army as a last ditch defence and I squished it.

Watching the replay, whoops, his army was ahead by a good 1K minerals and had 2/2 upgrades for most of the midgame. And for some reason I decided to try a push? I think I was lucky that he counter-pushed before I could get far across the map, making me go home and collect a couple of colossus I'd built. I would have gotten smashed if I'd actually attacked his base...

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Ah I stand corrected, you're on 4 base.

It must've been a good game, actually.
    Toss rarely need to get to 4 base unless it's a real threat, which explains him having almost half the map.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Well, Marty, you're on 3 base and he's on like 11 base. You also obviously have a deathball.
    =P

Oh and yeah zerg buffs:
    "We feel zerg is too weak vs all-ins early game."
    Have they been watching this game for just a week or something? Good friggin' lord.

And not every map has a reachable third that lets zerg defend vs void-ray harass.

The overlord speed is fast, mega fast. It feels like they're as fast as speed ovies in BW.
    I forgot to test if the lair speed upgrade made them even FASTER, or if the top speed capped at the previous top speed. Did anyone check?

speed overlords still move at the same speed. Its just the slow ones that move faster now.

• Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Ah I stand corrected, you're on 4 base.

It must've been a good game, actually.
    Toss rarely need to get to 4 base unless it's a real threat, which explains him having almost half the map.

Nah that 4th was more of a good habit "just in case", I'd pretty well won by that stage and it was only when I deathballed his third he sent all of his drones north to build the 4th, 5th and 6th hatcheries.

I also kept expanding because when his first attack clearly wasn't going to succeed he circled around and suicided his roaches to destroy my natural nexus, and I was paranoid something like that would happen again.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    jaziek wrote: »
    Biosys wrote: »
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334375#1

this is a cool article about working in esports

i'm happy the myth about there somehow being tons of money in esports that's just hidden finally seems to be dispelled

Where do people think the money comes from?

I don't understand.

Sponsors, advertisers, and tickets.

Except there's no products to sell vidjagame nerds that they don't already aware of, people use Adblock, and refuse to pay for MLG.

People using adblock need to be stabbed in the throat.

Fuck you. You don't deserve to watch any Starcraft. You don't deserve to fucking breathe. Fuck you.

Sorry, I get angry at that.

I installed adblock last week and think it's great. Then I noticed that it was blocking out streams and Day9, which is unacceptable. So how do I enable ads for these two sites?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I installed adblock last week and think it's great. Then I noticed that it was blocking out streams and Day9, which is unacceptable. So how do I enable ads for these two sites?

The easy way is to go to the website you want to unblock, click on the adblock logo on your toolbar, and click on 'Disable on (insert url here)'.

• Options
  • Options
    Someone just tried to proxy 2 Gate at the top of my ramp. Wha?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Enabled ads for TL.net and Day[9]. I'm safe from Dhal....for now.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    you'll need to enable twitch.tv too

• Options
    btw i stopped streaming because my upload has gone to hell

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular

Enable your goddamn twitch account.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
  • Options
    why is that necessary though

• Options
    KambingKambing Registered User regular
    why is that necessary though

Because the default justin.tv background is atrocious.

@TwitchTV, @Youtube: master-level zerg ladder/customs, commentary, and random miscellany.
This discussion has been closed.