Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Help me find a comic I forgot the name of

false_idolfalse_idol Registered User
edited April 2012 in Graphic Violence
Sorry that I can't be very helpful in my recollection of the graphic novel, but I really enjoyed it and my google searches for it have been unsuccessful, so hopefully somebody on here has read it and can get the title at me:

basically it's about a first generation Japanese-American, he has a transplant Japanese girlfriend, and its a pretty thick book with each chapter basically as a standalone short-story about his misadventures. The adventures are very stylized and modeled from anime/manga, except very exaggerated and metaphoric. In the first one, there is a giant monster that invades his town and captures his girlfriend, and he has to rescue her from it. In another, he has to fight a group of ninja assassins at the opera house. And in another story he and his boss (a sushi chef) go on a fishing trip to catch a colossal mythic fish.

Hopefully that is enough information for somebody who has read it to point me in the right direction.

false_idol on