As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Anyone have a Razer Naga?

DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Is is possible for me to set a macro to a button that'll allow me to turbo-left click? How would I do that? I can't seem to find any information on this sort of thing through google.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't have a Naga, I have a Mamba, but I believe they use the same macro software, and using that built in Razer software, I do not believe this is possible.

The better option that I've used in the past, and seen other's use, is to bind mouse wheel up to left click. Then just spin the mouse wheel. You lose scroll of course, but you could probably get cheeky with the macro editor and have alt + mouse wheel be the left click, or something along those lines.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I don't think that's possible, and a lot of games would probably see that as cheating.

The Naga is mostly there to offer a fuckton of buttons in an easy-to-reach location.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The sort of way that my fiance and I have usually accomplished this sort of thing is using something to rebind a keyboard key to act like a mouse click/button/etc., turbo or not (I believe MacroGamer would handle this for you, since I've used it for other things in the past), and then using the mouse software to bind the key we've rebound to a button on the mouse. I would figure setting a button to turbo-left-click would be better than making your actual left click do turbo-clicking every time you press it, although it's probably still possible if you need it to through some sort of arcane machinations. Anyway, you should make sure there's some sort of delay between your clicks or whatever you're using this will either not recognize it or trigger anything that automatically limits turbo controls.

And well, yeah, if you were planning on using this for anything that's multiplayer it's almost certainly cheating, which would make me and other people sad, and even if the particular use you're thinking of isn't exactly cheating it's usually against the terms of use for MMOs/etc. and can get your account baninated. So, you know, don't go there, girlfriend. With single-player stuff (assuming there's no scoreboard, anyway, since that gets into cheating territory again) it's really your business.

Essee on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    It's just to speed up crafting in minecraft. That's all.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hmm. My G15 allows this. You set up a text block, set a delay between characters, and set it to repeat when the button is pressed. Doesn't seem all that hard.

If Logitech's G-series programming can do an infinite loop macro, I don't see why a Razer can't.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Because the Razer macro 'language' isn't nearly as powerful as the stuff Logitech is doing with the G-Series. The Logitech stuff is one step away from completely programmable peripherals. The Razer stuff is very basic. Do a key combination, with some delay mechanics. Basic remapping, some basic repeating and 'turbo' functionality...but nothing like Logitech is exposing.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Because the Razer macro 'language' isn't nearly as powerful as the stuff Logitech is doing with the G-Series. The Logitech stuff is one step away from completely programmable peripherals. The Razer stuff is very basic. Do a key combination, with some delay mechanics. Basic remapping, some basic repeating and 'turbo' functionality...but nothing like Logitech is exposing.

Oh. Damn. My Bad. Hearing the reverence for Razer, I just assumed it was more powerful than my 5 year old keyboard.

Forgive me! Perhaps something as silly as using Windows' built in smartkeys functionality?

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    *shrugs* I don't think G-series level of functionality is required. The reverence for Razer is because they make great peripherals, not because they have/had some swanky macro program. The easiest way to do what the OP wants is either third party macro software, or to use the scroll wheel trick I listed in my original reply. I know that works with Razer's software, I've done it.

• Options
    WalMartSecurityWalMartSecurity Registered User new member
    yeah go to create macro on the software
    set time delay to 3 (milliseconds) hit record, then press your click three times and hit stop.
    apply this macro to any button you want on your razer naga. Double check everything & make sure
    instead of "play once" you have it set to repeat while pressed.

that mouse can do anything including make a sandwich just got to be create

This discussion has been closed.