As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Post time travel

spool32spool32 Contrary LibraryRegistered User regular
We're noticing in the D&D [chat] thread that posts are jumping all over the place, with post order frequently changing such that a reply to a post appears several places before the original.

spool32 on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    There also seems to be an issue with the last post on a page vanishing... it happens like:

posts 1-24 appear. Post 25 and 26 come in nearly at the same time. Post 25 causes a new page to be created, but post 26 never appears. Post 27 is the first post of the new page.

Sometimes, the time travel will cause a post to vanish after its' been replied to. See the following: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/22919138#Comment_22919138

The quoted post is invisible in the thread, though if belasco32 looks at her profile, she will see it in the list of her posts. Clicking on the post will take her to the top of the page where it should be, but it's invisible.

• Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    I'm also getting invisible posts. I type it out and then it posts to a void somewhere and I never see it again. ):

• Disco TerrierDisco Terrier Jowls aquiver. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Getting posts time traveling like hell here.

Disco Terrier on
    yGxvf.png
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I'm also getting invisible posts. I type it out and then it posts to a void somewhere and I never see it again. ):

Usually if you go to your profile, comments section, you can quote yourself with the link and then copy/paste.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Still happening pretty much constantly. There is no point during the US day when it's not happening.

• _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    bowen wrote: »

Usually if you go to your profile, comments section, you can quote yourself with the link and then copy/paste.

When I tried this it took me to someone else's post, rather than my own lost / invisible post.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

When I tried this it took me to someone else's post, rather than my own lost / invisible post.

copy the number of your post, paste it in

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/vanilla/post/editcomment/########

where #=the number

works as long the thread hasn't been locked

aRkpc.gif
  • Form of Monkey!Form of Monkey! Registered User regular
    Does this happen in other threads as well, or only the ones that are posted to quickly and frequently, like the chat threads?

• ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Does this happen in other threads as well, or only the ones that are posted to quickly and frequently, like the chat threads?

it happens in any thread where two posts are made close to each other, usually within the same minute, although it been getting worse lately.

So yeah, you'll see it more often in a quick moving thread but it can happen anywhere