As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Referees continue to not be employed by the [NFL]

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    I really wanted Booty to succeed. What a great name.

• Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    LeSean McCoy signs 5 year extension with Eagles. $20.8m in guaranteed money, $45m total. Now the 4th highest paid RB in the league.

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Jets signed Yeremiah Bell to a 1 year deal.

• Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    So fantasy football.

Are you ready for it?

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2012
    it's fucking may

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Many of you know I have a father son relationship with Roger Goodell. I love him and just had to reach out to him with all that is going on. We are at a crucial point in the history of football. The foundation of the game is in jeopardy based on all these factors and the future of the game is going to be shaped by him.

Dear Dad,

I know it has been a rough week, so I wanted to reach out. Players dying, players suing and on top of that my peers are just going off on you in the media. It does not help that ESPN has all of a sudden become Medical TV with damn near every brain expert on the planet. This has got to be the worst week ever. Since no one is showing any support, I figured I would be the first. You are in one big ass catch 22 and quite frankly, I am not sure there is any solution. One thing I think can help is killing the NFL PR machine.

Y'all do a darn near perfect job at portraying this game as one played by heroes.

But let's be real dad. This is a nasty, dirty and violent game with consequences. Sign up or go get a regular job. Watch it or turn off the TV and go fishing with your kids. It is really that simple. I know there are probably legal and financial implications that prevent this blunt depiction, but am not sure if you have a choice. If you don't say it now, the mounting evidence being revealed publicly will say it for you very soon. In all, I love you and if anyone can lead us out of this mess, it will be you. Oh by the way, I have a deal for you. Am having a rebound year and plan to do a lot of celebrating in the end zone. Can my fine money go to supporting ex-players suffering?

Sincerely,

Chad

This is the best thing.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    it's fucking may

It is never too early to throw out wild predictions on how players will do.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I'll be setting up two leagues again this year. Competing in a third with friends and do the auction league again (which I will lose again.)

• Options
    again

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Yes, I'm ready to win fantasy football again this year.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I will win Bale's auction league again if he is still alive.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    he's alive, he's just on twitter/the av club

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    i want in on some se++ ff action

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    I need to get back into Bogey's league this year. It felt so weird to miss it last year.

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    CAn't wait to fire up Expendable's Again.

• Options
    Bucs tell Kellen Winslow to stay away from OTA's while they try to trade him.

Lions tell Titus Young to stay away from OTA's because apparently he sucker punched Louis Delmas.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I am always ready for fantasy football. I'll draft a team right now!

• Options
    I check pretty much every day to see if Yahoo has opened up league registration. One season I had a league that was numbered in the hundreds.

• Options
    Apparently the Bucs are trading Winslow because he skipped the start of voluntary OTA's.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    and also because his knees have ground down to a fine dust i bet.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Bucs tell Kellen Winslow to stay away from OTA's while they try to trade him.

hahahahaha

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I have never done fantasy football but my roommate for next year has convinced me to do one this season. I'm gonna be so bad.

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    I have never done fantasy football but my roommate for next year has convinced me to do one this season. I'm gonna be so bad.

Just draft Tebow in the first round. People may laugh at you but you can't lose with Jesus on your side.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I'm hoping to get into one of the SE++ leagues this year. Can't wait to lose horribly there as well.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Bucs acquire Dallas Clark and trade Winslow Jr to the Seahawks for a pick

all these good moves are confusing

• Options
    I'm not sure acquiring Dallas Clark is all that great a move.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    it's only for 1-year and he will hopefully walk around with his super bowl ring

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Dallas Clark is a great move, they're trying to change the culture of the locker room. Gotta have good leaders for that.

• Options
    Ok I can see it from that perspective, I guess, I was thinking on the field. If Winslow's knees are shot then it probably doesn't matter but in my head he's a better tight end than Dallas Clark at this point, especially with Clark moving to a new offense.

• Options
    Winslow is definitely the better tight end. Clark is all but done.

It's the same as KC getting Vrable from the Pats. He hardly did anything on the field, but he gave the defense a leader it desperately needed.

Clark will show the young kids how to be a pro.

Winslow has kind of been a headache his entire career.

• Options
    NFL approved moving the trade deadline to week 8 and allowing an IR exemption where a player can be taken off IR if they miss 6 weeks of practice and 8 weeks of games or some shit. I think it's one exemption per team.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    NFLPA is suing the NFL for collusion for agreeing to a handshake salary cap in the uncapped year

ONE TINY PROBLEM, however
    Further, the NFL will contend that language in the new CBA forbids the NFLPA from bringing this lawsuit. Specifically, Article 3, Section 3(a) provides: "The NFLPA ... covenants not to sue or to support financially or administratively ... any suit or proceeding ... against the NFL with respect to ... collusion with respect to any League Year prior to 2011."

I think a case can be made that the NFLPA is possibly the worst player union on earth, and that's something considering the nepotism scandal in the NBA players union

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    NFLPA is suing the NFL for collusion for agreeing to a handshake salary cap in the uncapped year

Further, the NFL will contend that language in the new CBA forbids the NFLPA from bringing this lawsuit. Specifically, Article 3, Section 3(a) provides: "The NFLPA ... covenants not to sue or to support financially or administratively ... any suit or proceeding ... against the NFL with respect to ... collusion with respect to any League Year prior to 2011."

I think a case can be made that the NFLPA is possibly the worst player union on earth, and that's something considering the nepotism scandal in the NBA players union

Except that several outlets are reporting that the union planned for this, and DeSmith is a lawyer and can probably work around this.

They're arguing that 3a doesn't apply because they didn't know about the illegal activity at the time of the agreement, and Doty usually sides with the players.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I haven't seen much evidence suggesting De-Smith is a very good lawyer. They didn't succeed on too many fronts during the lockout.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

it's arguable that this collusion was ongoing and extends into 2012 because the agreement to punish the cowboys/redskins and distribute that money came this year. the collusive act of pretending there was a cap in 2010 is one thing, and the collusive act of meting out punishment in 2012 could be determined to be another.

• Options
    They got their ass handed to them and this is just another example. The NFLPA is a joke.

• Options
    The only draft pick we don't have signed is Dontari Poe.

but, he said fuck it and showed up for OTA's anyway.

He was moved up to first team defense today.

I am pleased.

• Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    Is that legal under the CBA? Good on him, though.

• Options
    Yeah

a lot of guys stay away though, cause if they get injured without a contract they could be fucked.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Hakeem Nicks fractured the 5th metatarsal of his right foot at Giants OTA practice. Out approximately 12 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.