As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Edinburgh Manor (Mini Phalla) Day 6: Mafia and Princess Victory!

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    A victorian-ish game? @facetious would love this

And the vote close actually cooperates with my work schedule!!

!signup

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Maybe I'll get to play a visiting Victorian American Soldier.

Do you get it. Do you get it. (To those who don't get it: that is exactly what I will be in real life for the summer starting in a month.)

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Just three more people!

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Reserve work is going to be busy this week with it being month end.

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh, I suppose

What time was vote close?

lonelyahava on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    According to the front, midnight EDT

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Sign me up!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    oooooh new blood!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »
    oooooh new blood!

I've played Mafia before. If this is just a play by post game, then it won't be hard...

Don't kill me, please.

Grunt's Ghosts on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    facetious wrote: »

Do you get it. Do you get it. (To those who don't get it: that is exactly what I will be in real life for the summer starting in a month.)
    Like at a Renaissance Faire?

Like at a Living History Museum

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Damn, too late!

Reserve

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    oooooh new blood!

I've played Mafia before. If this is just a play by post game, then it won't be hard...

Don't kill me, please.

It's a little different than mafia, in that you analyze voting records, and there are often more complex abilites/mechanics.

For instance, we got a clarification denied on thralls/millers, which are mafia who seer as villager, and villagers who seer as mafia, respectively. This one will also obviously have location mechanics too.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    oooooh new blood!

Don't kill me, please.

If you haven't, read the OP of this thread for an overview and a glossary of terms.

Cayrus on
    Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Reserve up - work is going to be crazy this week, but I can probably jump in later if it becomes necessary. Looks entertaining!

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    oooooh new blood!

Don't kill me, please.
    I definetly cant promise I wont kill you.

I can promise that I will try to kill you, and end up with as a vanillager with impotent rage staring intently at my computer screen until I CAN JUST HATE YOU TO DEATH!

That is a thing I can do.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    wait Bedlam was Bizarro Taya™ all along? why did I think she had just grown a beard

• Options
    Also I am sort of miffed that my doppleganger couldnt make it. I will have to murder her extra hard next time.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    oooooh new blood!

Don't kill me, please.

I remember when I did this very same thing.

• Options
    CayrusCayrus Consul Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears!Registered User regular
    Ah yes, according to Obi's Law, Grunt's Ghosts is going to the serial killer network head in this game.

Former Secret Service Agent Nathaniel Ford in Call of Cthulhu: Whispers in the Darkness

Henri Emmanuel Gratien St Pierre in Where No Man Has Gone Before

Lord Augustus Cumberbatch in Eclipse Phase
  • Options
    Egos wrote: »
    wait Bedlam was Bizarro Taya™ all along? why did I think she had just grown a beard
    Pfft! That silly girl couldnt grow a goatee this real if she tried!

I am clearly the better...uhh...grub thingy?

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    You know it's funny before I realized it was an MSPA, I thought it was something from Squidbillies :(

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Reserve

I'm supposed to be taking a break from phallas.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Fuck. Sat out the last two phallas due to new job starting and lack of theme familiarity, and now I'm shut out of this one.

Reserve.

• Options
    I did read the rules. I'm ready to be the serial killer.
    Is there going to be a Matchmaker and Lovers in this game?

I'm not sure if you do that in this game but it's one of my favorite roles in Mafia.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    On a completely non-related note, I'm making THIS for dinner.
    Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese!

Will post pics/results if people want. It will be the un-fanciest of dinners. After tonight, only cucumber sandwiches and hot tea for me. Served by my butler.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Dear Sir,

I find your selection of hams to be laughable, your cheeses to be inexcusable, and your wines to be much too whiney. I suggest you correct your selctions before my next vistit, or my palatte shall take our business elsewhere.

Sincerely,
    Sir William Reginald Bedlam

Bedlam on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    :winky:

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Sandwich.jpg

Forgive my horrible quality picture. It didn't come out as pretty as the website one did, but it was delicious. I upped the cheese amount a bit and added a bit more jalapeno to the sandwiches than they did (the bread was smaller, so i ended up getting more sandwiches out of the jalapenos I bought.

Perfect crunch, and the cheeses work well to emulate the whole jalapeno popper thing.

@jdarksun , I want to eat that sandwich you posted. Because holy jesus.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    Once you make it, let me know how it comes out. Steak and mushrooms cannot, as far as I know, make a bad thing. So that should be very good.

• Options
    Dear TheRoadViris,

As a gentleman I do not go around posting pictures of my food post digestion. I would ask you also that you not be showing your foodstuffs about pre digestion. Your cooperation in this matter is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Sir William Reginald Bedlam

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Dearest Sir WIlliam Reginald Bedlam,

As a gentleman from a different land than thee, I apologize if my unfamiliar customs may have caused any chagrinnery or hubbub. As a meand of attempting to amend my grievous error, I am having my most loyal maidservant bring unto you a gilded case of the finest tea leaves along with a fainting couch. Also, I would appreciate you refer to me using my full name until we are better acquainted.

Sincerelier,
    Lord Theodore Roadington Virus, Esq.

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    You guys are intentionally choosing colors that are illegible on stylesheets, aren't you

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    You guys are intentionally choosing colors that are illegible on stylesheets, aren't you

The fanciest lads write in invisible ink.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    It's funny because that is really viable.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    So we are all fancy people here.

I must return home to get my monocle.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Seriously, cream cheese is the secret weapon to a great grilled cheese sandwich.

• Options
    Seriously, cream cheese is the secret weapon to a great grilled cheese sandwich.

especially if you mix it with goats cheese or some feta to make a nice spread.

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    eww feta! gross ahava.

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »

Like at a Renaissance Faire?
    Like at a Living History Museum
    That sounds like RenFest.

Sir!

I shall be an Infantry Soldier of the United States Army circa 1880. I will lead tours, perform military drills, rifle and cannon firing demonstrations, act in court martial reenactments and even - my dear heart! - sing soldier songs of the period, and play bugle as part of music demonstrations and for drill calls.

Do not besmirch so noble a Post with talk of Ren-whatsits.

Also I'll totally get to play a redcoat in War of 1812 reenactments too to commemorate the bicentennial. Woooooo.

Real strong, facetious.