As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's International Workers Day

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    newt "moon base" gingrich AKA the pillsbury doughman AKA white whale holy grail AKA the one man buffet

aka flute gingrich

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    newt "moon base" gingrich AKA the pillsbury doughman AKA white whale holy grail AKA the one man buffet

aka flute gingrich

aka brian wheat as has been proven

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    aka newt "Newt Gingrich's three marriages mean he might make a strong president -- really" gingrich

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Langly wrote: »
    i really need to figure out my politics

i am nominally a republican, because i need to pick one of the two to vote in primaries in PA
    and I hated Rendell and my family is mostly republican, so 18 year old me was all sure republican

but lots of days i feel like a pro-union anti-superstition pro-gay/human rights legalize drugs guy
    but i see tons of corruption in government

so i wind up apathetic

what would corruption in government have to do with being a democrat/republican.

Just because republicans' rhetoric includes small government doesn't mean that is actually what they practice.

i wasn's as clear as i should have been
    the whole corruption in government thing doesn't make me lean towards republicans
    it makes me lean away from politics

and i know the presidential elections don't really matter that much
    but shit is so fucked locally i don't even know what to do
    pretty much all of the candidates are super-christians, which is really off-putting, because they aren't really christ-like at all, and i am saying that as a guy who thinks christianity is a sham

• Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    He may have been speaker of the house, but he's a Washington outsider...

He may have a huge credit line at premiere jeweler Tiffany's, but he's a common man...

He's pro small government, and pro build moon bases....

He thinks young people should work to pay for school and student loans should not be available, but he lived off his parents and first wife while in college and didn't work because he needed time to study...

He believes Bill Clinton having an affair is the worst thing ever, while he's having affairs...

HE'S NEWT MAN!

• Options
    aka roberto sanchez

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    a_610x408.jpg

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    Newt is a horrible shitstain of a man. He's everything everyone hates about politicians, distilled and purified.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    man

he should've just owned a zoo

that pisses me off so much that he wanted a zoo and didn't get it agh

• Options
    i heard newt gringrich is actually undead and he's only animated by the blood of infants

• Options
    i wish huntsman had stayed in the race, and not just because his last name is cool
    he actually had foreign policy experience, if i remember correctly he was ambassador to china
    i don't know if ambassadors actually do anything aside from tell stories about their kids at parties, but he probably knows our relationship with china will probably define the next 50 years

but who knows, he probably would have come out as douchebag homophobic christian/mormon/whatever if he had stuck around

• Options
    Newt Gingrich lives by ingesting a tonic made up of infant blood, tears of the poor, and shredded images of Ronald Reagan.

• Options
    it bugs me when we jack up people that have been here since they were kids

what do you expect them to NOT come with their parents

and then to turn eighteen and be like well this is illegal guess i'll leave the only life i know and go back to mexico!

what the fuck america stop having ass fucking stupid immigration policies THANKS

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    aka the walking tiffany registry aka wasp force one

• Options
    i wish huntsman had stayed in the race, and not just because his last name is cool
    he actually had foreign policy experience, if i remember correctly he was ambassador to china
    i don't know if ambassadors actually do anything aside from tell stories about their kids at parties, but he probably knows our relationship with china will probably define the next 50 years

but who knows, he probably would have come out as douchebag homophobic christian/mormon/whatever if he had stuck around

huntsman did a thing during a debate when they were talking about china and i think it was either newt or santorum was shooting their mouth off

he goes

"Well as they'd say in china' and rattles off some chinese like fucking PERFECTLY

someone on the internet translated it

it meant "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about"

go huntsman

• Options

aka polar bear joe aka Whitey

• Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I'm gonna vote for Stewart Alexander this year - see if I regret it later.

sig2.jpg
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    i really need to figure out my politics

i am nominally a republican, because i need to pick one of the two to vote in primaries in PA
    and I hated Rendell and my family is mostly republican, so 18 year old me was all sure republican

but lots of days i feel like a pro-union anti-superstition pro-gay/human rights legalize drugs guy
    but i see tons of corruption in government

so i wind up apathetic

yo i don't know what to say if you're only pro human rights "lots of days" and not all of days

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Hunter wrote: »
    He may have been speaker of the house, but he's a Washington outsider...

He may have a huge credit line at premiere jeweler Tiffany's, but he's a common man...

He's pro small government, and pro build moon bases....

He thinks young people should work to pay for school and student loans should not be available, but he lived off his parents and first wife while in college and didn't work because he needed time to study...

He believes Bill Clinton having an affair is the worst thing ever, while he's having affairs...

HE'S NEWT MAN!

His campaign may be $4 million in debt, but he's the man to fix the deficit.

• Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular

aka the wife whisperer aka the human pork barrel aka two cranes aka the patron saint of government shutdowns aka the stay puft marshmallow man aka the michelin man aka big baby jebus aka jimmy newtron aka the grinch who stole christmas ham aka yes we klan aka we bought a zoo and ate it

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »

huntsman did a thing during a debate when they were talking about china and i think it was either newt or santorum was shooting their mouth off

he goes

"Well as they'd say in china' and rattles off some chinese like fucking PERFECTLY

someone on the internet translated it

it meant "this guy doesn't know what he's talking about"

go huntsman

yeah, that was great
    i didn't see it, but i read about it

but he's gone, and is raising money for cancer research

• Options
    here's a question

when newt announced that he'd stop running in a week

why did he wait a week to stop running

why

why did he not just stop running then, did he want to just blow more money? go to one more chicken dinner? hang on to his last moments of relevance as he realized that his career was over now that people know he's really three midgets in a trenchcoat?

• Options
    huntsman had a bad tax plan but he was the most qualified to run on the republican ticket

here he is re: same-sex couples
    http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/08/23/301894/why-jon-huntsmans-policy-of-showing-a-little-more-equality-and-respect-to-gay-americans-doesnt-make-sense/?mobile=nc

• Options

These are good.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    here's a question

why

why did he not just stop running then, did he want to just blow more money? go to one more chicken dinner? hang on to his last moments of relevance as he realized that his career was over now that people know he's really three midgets in a trenchcoat?

probably to try and force people to just fall in line instead of losing his support

that kind of tantrum-throwing was one of hitler's very favorite tactics, for the record

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    i think if huntsman had stuck with it he might have actually given obama a run for his moeny because he was the only candidate that wasn't just a colossal turd

• Options
    HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    here's a question

why

Because he's a dipshit and a twat. After 20 years of enduring his public persona we can say this with confidence.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    oh man this guy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/04/ted-nugent-interview-cbs_n_1477021.html
    Nugent later apologized for the outburst after pressure from his wife.

• Options
    Arang wrote: »
    here's a question

why

probably to try and force people to just fall in line instead of losing his support

that kind of tantrum-throwing was one of hitler's very favorite tactics, for the record

newt gingrich aka old man hitler

• Options
    huntsman had a bad tax plan but he was the most qualified to run on the republican ticket

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2011/08/23/301894/why-jon-huntsmans-policy-of-showing-a-little-more-equality-and-respect-to-gay-americans-doesnt-make-sense/?mobile=nc

that is one of the most articulate "i don't want to deal with this" dodges i have seen in a while
    which is shameful

• Options
    here's a question

why

Gotta get all those desperate supporters to make one last donation because they think it might turn your campaign around but you're really gonna spend that shit on a platinum chain that reads Speaker of the House of Pancakes.

• Options

and then to turn eighteen and be like well this is illegal guess i'll leave the only life i know and go back to mexico!

what the fuck america stop having ass fucking stupid immigration policies THANKS

I understand the anger towards illegals being here and reaping benefits while not paying into the system. The problem is that the problem is no where near as huge and costly as some of the real crazies who spout off racist nonsense and anti-immigration shit try to claim. In fact, it's extremely difficult to track, and the numbers they put out never balance any drain on local, state, and federal resources with any boon to them.

Even if Juan jumped the fence, is illegal, and takes all he can from the system, if he's working in the US and living in the US he's buying goods and services in the US. He's also doing work that people in the US would not do.

I've had to interject several times when people at work were going off on illegals and damn Mecicans, and how they take ur jorbs.

Like really, some guy sneaking in from Mexico or some lady from Guatemala is really coming to the US and stealing all the investment banker, software engineer, and laboratory manager jobs. We need to protect the great paying industries like fruit picking, ridiculously strenuous physical labor on construction sites, and dish washing sanitation engineer jobs for 'Mericans!

It would benefit all of us to make these people actual citizens. Treat them like human beings, fairly tax them, and utilize the labor force where it's needed. I guess that's too compassionate or human for some people. Almost something christ would do.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    ted nugent's pro-gun agenda is pretty funny given that he literally shat his pants to stay out of vietnam

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    i heard newt gingrich is a drug cartel

• Options

that is one of the most articulate "i don't want to deal with this" dodges i have seen in a while
    which is shameful

yeah. yeah. I'm just irritated by the opinions of people in positions of power or who have the potential to hold them.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I was at a dinner in Portland back around Thanksgiving and this guy that was there felt that instead of just polite chatter, he needed to rant about how unemployment should be abolished because all homeless are drawing unemployment and he's a self-made thousandaire.

I had never wanted a sharper butter knife.

• Options
    homeless people get their unemployment money all the time at the addresses they don't have because they're homeless

• Options
    Arang wrote: »
    ted nugent's pro-gun agenda is pretty funny given that he literally shat his pants to stay out of vietnam

Not to mention he's a fucktard that illegally shoots game over bait and takes more than the legal limits. Way to be an icon of game hunting Ted...really nice to see you following the "I do what I want to do" method of smart hunting.

• Options
    Hunter wrote: »

I understand the anger towards illegals being here and reaping benefits while not paying into the system. The problem is that the problem is no where near as huge and costly as some of the real crazies who spout off racist nonsense and anti-immigration shit try to claim. In fact, it's extremely difficult to track, and the numbers they put out never balance any drain on local, state, and federal resources with any boon to them.

Even if Juan jumped the fence, is illegal, and takes all he can from the system, if he's working in the US and living in the US he's buying goods and services in the US. He's also doing work that people in the US would not do.

I've had to interject several times when people at work were going off on illegals and damn Mecicans, and how they take ur jorbs.

Like really, some guy sneaking in from Mexico or some lady from Guatemala is really coming to the US and stealing all the investment banker, software engineer, and laboratory manager jobs. We need to protect the great paying industries like fruit picking, ridiculously strenuous physical labor on construction sites, and dish washing sanitation engineer jobs for 'Mericans!

It would benefit all of us to make these people actual citizens. Treat them like human beings, fairly tax them, and utilize the labor force where it's needed. I guess that's too compassionate or human for some people. Almost something christ would do.

also the people with fake SSNs that get real paychecks and pay taxes that they never get back because they can't file a return because they're here illegally

yeah those dirty mexicans stealing our jobs and paying taxes that they never get back

This discussion has been closed.