As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Dragon Slayers: OOC Thread

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Er, it's over there on the right side? Or is the map too big that it's not all showing?

Anyway, yeah, if you can get around the water you'll be able to reach it from the ground.

Btw people may want to share what they've seen with their perception/arcana checks HINT HINT

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Oh, M9-O11 on the statblock, and I didn't see it there, so I didn't bother scrolling to the right. (New forum formatting pisses me off sometimes.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I swear I thought it was minus two... getting old is hell.

• Options
    Y'know I didn't realise at the time, but looking at the other dragons they don't have any vulnerabilities.

Wanna retcon that foestone for something else @kay ?

• Options
    Nah, it's good.

Bad planning on my part. :)

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Sorry @Nealneal I stole your turn. Unless you have some shenanigans to pull, you get a save vs that domination for your turn.

• Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
  • Options
    Hmm. So it looks like our options are:

a) Just wail on the dragon until it is dead.

b) Check out the dominate traps on the north wall - Alénthian pointed out the chains on the idols to either side of the chamber match the ones on the idols at the back, whatever relevance that has.

c) Something else.

I'd suggest torching all the water if possible, to rid of us a possible hazard, maybe?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Koth can throw an at will at the water next round if its that important. Are you thinking that the flammable waters will burn away?

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    Big Iron should be at N18 on the map. That's what you get for being lazy and not updating the block :cry:

Seems like the statue only triggers when there is someone in lane with the statue, so if we can somehow pin the dragon to where it is, we might just ignore it.

I think it will take entire encounter to have those water burn away, it might be awesome visual wise. Pillar of flame all around the room? Epic!

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Would I be correct in guessing the dragon's passive perception is higher than a 26?

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Nevermind, the dice just told me to fuck off so it doesn't matter.

Characters
  • Options
    Ouch. For future reference, the dragon's passive perception is 28. Lotta heads.

• Options
    Feel free to appropriate my 1 square pushes as part of Maledictor's Doom in whichever direction you'd like them to go.

Characters
  • Options
    On my phone, but I don't think the one square push will dump it in the firewater. just shove it one space directly away from Evanche?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    He's next to the water so 1 square will get him partially into it.

• Options
    Everything looks good, except those I buffed one's down and another dazed. Well at least better than buffed and dominated.
    And here comes my never used AP trigger power.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, let's stay off the J-K and Q-R columns in future. :D

...Though I wasn't on either of them when I was targetted by domination, huh.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    The Breath Weapon should miss Evanche, I have +2 to all defenses against creatures that are under effects of mine from my staff (thank god).

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Hah, I kept taking away from that attack roll and it was still hitting. Statblock updated.

• Options
    Haha I love the eye you drew. It's just sad that it's probably the only time we will see it on field as I might trade it out on lv 15.
    In other news, seems like the statues attacks regardless of column or row...

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Amon'kul tries to make up for a missed round of action. I think he did a fine job.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Grog wrote: »
    Hah, I kept taking away from that attack roll and it was still hitting. Statblock updated.

Yea, I just remembered I had this now. I was like "I'm sure I had something that gave me +2 defenses" and hurrah.

Characters
  • Options
    FYI the whispers will whisper to two random people each turn.

• Options
    Aaah, that makes sense. And is mean.

Did the dragon still hit me with a 24, given that it had -2 to hit from Iron Wolf Charge? I may have forgotten to put it in the statblock.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Nope, I added that. Or took it away. I took it into account is what I'm trying to say.

• Options
    Ugh, subscribed to both threads but it somehow failed to notify me of any posts in the last couple days. I had been waiting for Aegis to go before me. Writing up a post now.

• Options
    I took your resistances into account btw. Dragons don't crit for just 14 damage.

• Options
  • Options
    I'm guessing @Aegis has been RL busy, since it's not like him to take so long for a turn.

• Options
    I've been pretty busy with family for the jubilee, so we all got a long weekend. Hopefully we can get back on track though.

• Options
    Holy shit, Grog is in the UK?

HI GROG. THERE'S A STREET PARTY IN MY STREET RIGHT NOW.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    We had a street party indoors. In a church. It was pretty boring.

And the worst thing? I didn't even vote for her.

• Options
    There's a street party, and it is raining. I didn't vote for her either. I wasn't alive at the time.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    As a Canadian, I find your lack of faith in HRH......par for the course. :)

• Options
    Yea, sorry about that. Now that I type this up I also realize I can't really do much this turn :/

Characters
  • Options
    You have no idea how useful I find +13 THP each time we use a daily item power, considering we have lots of daily item powers.

Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Oops...I had so much going on in my last turn I forgot to mention the Resist 10 All from the Dreadnought Action Point thing. Added to my statblock.

Edit- Thanks for handling Guardian's Counter!

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Turning on Healbot mode next round.
    Anyone who wants to reuse his encounter power (and with surge left) please let me know, I will apply my salve of power on him/her.
    Also the next person spends AP will trigger my seed of chaos, roll d6 and have fun fun effect.
    Effect: After the attack is resolved, roll a d6. The triggering character gains the resulting benefit.
    1. The character gains a +2 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.
    2. Until the end of your next turn, the target of the attack takes 2 extra damage each time it is hit with an attack.
    3. The creature gains a +2 power bonus to speed until the end of your next turn.
    4. Until the end of your next turn, the target of the attack grants combat advantage.
    5. The character can make a basic attack as a free action.
    6. Until the end of your next turn, the target of the attack cannot shift.

• Options
    I'm guessing @wassermelone will want to interrupt that hit, so I'm holding off on a map til then.