As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Dragon Slayers: OOC Thread

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh boy, a black dragon.

For a second I thought the mention of ghosts and stuff would mean that my dropping necrotic resistance was going to bite me in the ass.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh question: we did not have an extended rest at the end of the last encounter, no?

Characters
  • Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Nope, you had one just before after you fought Calastryx.

Also hold up on posting for a sec, I have an interrupt.

• Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    SPLOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH Save versus Splash Water Falls: 1d20 4

• Options
    Oh no that save is vs the Shroud of Gloom thingy. But you failed so meh.

• Options
    I misunderstood. I thought it could ONLY be removed with a Heal Check. I'll spend a minor next turn to remove it (Yay Dreadnought!)

• Options
    Grog wrote: »
    Water: Is ~5 squares deep but is otherwise still and harmless.
    Anyone ending their turn in uncovered water may make a save vs Shrouding Gloom at the end of their turn.

Sorry I hid that down by the map, thought I'd moved it before I posted. Basically the water's helping to wash the stuff off.

• Options
    What's that weird snakey wall of howling faces of doom on the map?

Characters
  • Options
    The ghooooosts! They are attempting to clean

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Woo-hoo! This is the best result of follwing up on a notification so far.

Edit: I am also a whole page behind, apprently.

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Isssss there any way I can teleport out of the Gloom burst AoE? It'd help not having one of the strikers with a penalty to hit.

I could use Resonant Escape, which is a 3 square immediate reaction teleport to being hit or miss by a melee attack.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Nope! It's a status effect that's End of Encounter. Hop in for a swim if you want a saving throw or find some other means of cleaning yourself.

Also I don't know what you're worried about, you've missed once in the last 4 encounters.

• Options
    Woop, I hit him with that stupid penalty!

Typing up post now. Incidentally would a 26 stealth check beat his passive perception? It's not very important.

Characters
  • Options
    FYI, the roll for Twilight was originally a 27 until I remembered I get +2 from my Action Point usage. I was mildly pleased by catching that. I also missed it for Rebuke Undead, but the original roll was 35 so that didn't matter.

Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Crap. I was writing while Aegis was posting.

Can we consider that Kothargix moved just prior to Evanche, so that Evanche gains the Acid Resistance benefit from Kothargix's spell?

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Do I need to wait for the people ahead of me to go like standard initiative rules, or is it just a PbP-style "as long as you are lumped with others, take your turn whenever" situation?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Nope, 26 doesn't beat his passive perception which is, for future reference, 27.

In answer to the other two questions: yeah sure it's block initiative so I don't mind minor re-dos just so long as things keep moving.

• Options
    Off by two *shakes fist*

Characters
  • Options
    Also: once the dragon has had its turn again, yell if you happen to be in my gigantic zone and would like a teleport or if I should teleport the dragon if he stays within it. Then I can go first and get you closer, though I make no guarantees about teleporting you over water or not. And no refunds.

Characters
  • Options
    The dragon was pushed, yes?

Characters
  • Options
    Woops. Map fixed and zone added.

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Hooray!

I was almost bummed that Beacons was only an Area Burst 2 and I wasn't in range of getting Amon'kul in it, but then I remembered my Action Point effect enlarges bursts and so now it is awesome

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    I pushed it again.

I also ballsed up my dice rolls horribly due to it being late. I'll try and keep them together next time.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @kay The dragon had already been pushed, but I'm happy to just roll that athletics check into the unused spaces from your move action to put you adjacent.

Assuming you still want to push I've put him up in the corner at A0-C2. Won't be able to post until later tonight, so you've got til then if you object.

Scratch that, your iron wolf charge didn't actually hit since Oath only applies to melee, not close attacks. But like I said, posting later tonight.

Grog on
  • Options
    The dragon's also dazed (status block has degenerated into wildly innacurate at this point) if that matters or not for Kay's success.

Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Oh. Oh, well. Enh. He's dazed and prone and someplace else, 'cause I can slide him 3 squares with Overwhelming Strike anyhow.

I just wanted the push and the boom 'cause dat shit be gold, yo. (And I did not realise Oath was only on melee attacks. It makes all the ranged Avenger attacks even less appealing.)

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Holy shit I'm almost dead. Like. Unless I'm healed before my turn, I am totes mossfood.

BUT WAIT.

Resonant Escape.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AlentHIAAAAN!! *shakes DM fist*

• Options
    edited October 2012
    Accepting all requests for teleportation to or from said dragon by Althenian and Amon'kul.

Also accepting requests for teleporting said dragon into designated "almost certain death zones". Dragon does not get a say in this, but can lodge a formal complaint at <address lost>

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    I think it would be nice to spend some time next to the dragon. We could be friends and stuff.

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Do I need to make a check of some sort to exit the water?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    While I appreciate the thread title being witty and amusing (and I really, really do!) could we perhaps become a little more accurate with the stat line for Mr Black n' Scaly?

I think its HP should be 550/676, but is everything else correct?

• Options
    Now that the presidential debate is over, I will endeavour to move you closer to the dragon @Nealneal

Characters
  • Options
    Man I wish I could fly. Or had more than 5 movement. I think I may have to run.

Characters
  • Options
    Doing my best to fix the status block but it is a mess.

Characters
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    I think everything is correct, yell at me if it isn't.

The only thing I know we're missing is that while Iron Wolf Charge missed on its push effect on account of Oath of Emnity not applying to it, it still deals its +2d6 damage, no? The +2d6 comes as part of the initial part of the power as an effect line then launches into a separate attack that pushes.

Edit: Also, the dragon is no longer prone because Iron Wolf Charge didn't hit. But my Seed of War can flank, so enjoy your CA @Nealneal

Also also, if any of you hit him while the Seed is adjacent, add 10 damage to whenever you hit the dragon.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    Can we pass through the ghosts as we move? Are they standing on a stone walkway or over the muck?

In particular I am asking about the two ghosts on squares G7 & G8.

• Options
    I am deliberately avoiding stepping on ghosts as I do not wish to be cleaned.

Characters
  • Options
    Well, I can slide an enemy 1 square as part of Overwhelming Strike, with a bonus of +2 for my items, and any push/pull/slide of 2+ squares prones it.

And I think I forgot to deduct my damage from the attack because I am rubbish. Sorry. (It was late.)

Aegis is right about the +2d6 from Iron Wolf Charge, maximised because crit. Just the big big big push bit with the penalty to attack (which I also forgot to mention) doesn't take place. Because I am rubbish.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    I'll sort out the statblock once I get back from work. To answer some questions:
    @dresdenphile rather than mess around with athletics checks I'll just say the water is difficult terrain, so getting out is easy.

@steelhawk you may pass freely through the ghosts, if you don't mind a light dusting. They appear to be walking around on muck and stone alike, so you can't tell what's underneath them until they've cleaned it.

I left the damage from Iron Wolf Charge untouched, just negated the push. Still proned him because Overwhelming Strike, but left him in the same place for simplicity's sake. As I said, I'll review damage and whatnot when I clean up the statblock.