As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E PbP] Dragon Slayers: OOC Thread

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Map stuff- Estir moved into G8 where Evanche already was, so I've put him in G7 instead.

Edit: Make that G9. Only just read Nealneal's post, don't wanna negate his defense bonuses unduly.

On the upside this means she was also in the rockfall. God damn the rocks have done more damage than the dragon.

Remember you can guys roll dungeoneering to predict where the next rock'll fall.

Grog on
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    In that case Amon'kul now has someone adjacent to him. Reduce his defenses by 2.

• Options
    Nealneal wrote: »
    In that case Amon'kul now has someone adjacent to him. Reduce his defenses by 2.

Moved him to G9 instead, so you've still got the bonuses.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I could roll Dungeoneering, but I'm not trained and can't hit the TN.

So I didn't bother. All I can do is hit stuff and bemoan the lack of appreciation something has for ART.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Amon'kul would need to roll a 26 on that Dungeoneering roll. DC 31 is HARD. Even with training and a +5 stat mod, you'd need a 16 to get it.

• Options
    Hmm it is a little high. Let's say it's 27 then. Still hard, but not impossible for Estir and Big Iron.

• Options
    Majestic GoatMajestic Goat Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    That's some heavy rocks falling, it actually did more dmg than the dragon itself.
    Now I get it! Our final boss will be the Dragonhalls!

Big Iron is trained in Dungeoneering but still need a 20 to beat DC31 D:

Again, fail at statblock reading. Evanche was adjacent to me while I cast greater magic weapon. the +4 bonus to att and dmg applies to her too.

Majestic Goat on
  • Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Kothargix is trained too, and I'd need a 22!

If the minor action is available anyway, why not try for a natural 20? :)

Oh, and suck it Dragon.

• Options
    Sorry for kinda jumping in there, but I'm heading to bed and didn't want to hold people up! But, block intitiative and all that.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Just assume my post is before Kay's.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Let me Guardian's Counter that OA, don't waste you reactives yet.

Also, shouldn't Bitterstrike have taken 7 more fire when she started her turn adjacent to the Estir?

Nealneal on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    What's your Guardian's Counter do? I'll happily defer to the defender in this case.

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    It lets me exchange places with you and take the hit. I get to make a melee basic against the attacker, but we already know it won't hit since I pre-rolled it. It does let me take the swing though.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Oh right the theme power, yea it's nice. I wanted to move this round too and I looked around and saw difficult terrain everywhere and just sighed.

Characters
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Ugh...difficult terrain. I was thinking the power slid the targets, but I just checked to make sure and it allows them to shift.
    Trigger: An ally within 2 squares of you is hit by an attack and you are not included in the attack.

Effect: You and the ally shift up to 2 squares as a free action, swapping positions. You become the target of the triggering attack, in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, you can make a basic attack against the attacker.

It does say "up to" though so it should still trigger. Amon'kul will become the target and get a melee basic, but they don't get to switch places.

Nealneal on
  • Options
    Unfortunately you can't use guardian's counter (it still specifies swapping positions) but it'll still trigger your combat challenge, since she's adjacent.

• Options
    Evanche shifts to H7, Amon to G7. They're not switching positions, though. Is that something that needs to be done for the power to work?

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Is that cold damage after resistances?

If so, hooray I'm bloodied.

Characters
  • Options
    Got it. Swinging now, unless you want me to use the Opportunity Attack roll from last turn in it's place, which is a miss and we can just keep things moving along.

• Options
    21 cold damage on a miss? D:

Or is that 11 and resistances were forgotten? I need some resistances on Alénthian. Resistances are boss.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    Derp, forgot resistances. Yeah it's just 1 damage.
    Nealneal wrote: »
    Got it. Swinging now, unless you want me to use the Opportunity Attack roll from last turn in it's place, which is a miss and we can just keep things moving along.
    Nah roll em, your mba's have different modifiers anyway.

• Options
    Boo I'm not bloodied.

Characters
  • Options
    I feel like I'm playing a bard or a warlord, taunting and encouraging.
    HP reaching critical, watch out for bloodied breath.

• Options
    Class/Powers Question:

My Dragon Soul class power gives me resistance to Lightning, my 11th level paragon path power Breath of the Dragon does whatever damage type my resitance would be: Lightning. Fine and dandy.

However, I have used another power Elemental Shift (and likely will for this whole game) to change the resitance of my Dragon Soul from Lightning to whatever other damage type I want for the rest of the encounter. In this case Cold damage.

Does that mean my Breath of the Dragon power now does Cold damage for the rest of this encounter? I wouldn't think so, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

• Options
    Hmm. Having read the powers, I'd say it does change the damage type to cold. But bear in mind that you ignore resistance up to whatever your Dragon Soul resistance is, and since it's now Resist Cold you ignore 15 points of cold resistance.

• Options
    I know! Thats why its awesome. Whatever flavour of dragon we meet, Kothargix can adapt his resistance to it. The power seems tailor made to just this situation. Yay!

Sadly however, it also makes my Paragon power much, much less effective against that same flavour of dragon.

Oh well.

• Options
    But that's what I'm saying, even though you're doing cold damage against Bitterstrike you'll be ignoring her cold resistance. No less effective than any other damage you could do.

• Options
    Gah! You're right! I ignore her resistance up to 15 points! I missed that in my reading of the class feature, and then misread your post to my initial question! Nevermind then, all of the awesome is back where its supposed to be!

• Options
    So, who gets the flaming weapon buff? I'm on my phone, so switching between the map and statblock is troublesome.

Also, that little kobold is going to chew dragons up good.

ew9y0DD.png
  • Options
    That's the plan!

I'm trying to fit working in my 20th level character and my wish list in between working and screwing the pooch at work. Unfortunately, work is winnng. But I haven't forgotten!

• Options
    Kay wrote: »
    So, who gets the flaming weapon buff? I'm on my phone, so switching between the map and statblock is troublesome.

Evanche and Estir.

• Options
    Grog wrote: »

Evanche and Estir.

Ah crap, I was thinking that anyone who's attacking within 2 squares gains the bonus.
    It the wording kinda sounds like that.

• Options
    Flaming weapons are useless for me on account of the fact that I use implements :(

Characters
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    Sorry for the holdup guys, its been kind of a crazy day for me, I promise Ill be posting later tonight.

• Options
    Aegis wrote: »
    Flaming weapons are useless for me on account of the fact that I use implements :(

That bonus applies to fire attack too.
    You can light a candle with spell right?

• Options
    I already cast my only fire attack and it doesn't roll damage :(

Characters
  • Options
    Grog wrote: »

Evanche and Estir.

Ah crap, I was thinking that anyone who's attacking within 2 squares gains the bonus.
    It the wording kinda sounds like that.

Reading it again, I think you're right.

• Options

I was expecting more fiery death from the infernal princess :oops:

• Options

I was expecting more fiery death from the infernal princess :oops:

I think I get more fire attacks as I level up, I can't remember (note to self: post that level 20 sheet Grog asked for).

My theme power gives me 2 fire attacks an encounter, though they're mostly filler stuff and I haven't been bloodied to let me use it a second time yet.

Characters
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Sorry that took so long! So I made it a big round

Wassermelone on