As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pax Prime 2012 Carpool/Travel

Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
edited September 2012 in PAX West
I saw this format for a thread from last years travel and I thought it would be a good idea to do it this year. Please use I NEED A RIDE! to request a ride and SPACE AVAILABLE to let people know you need carpooling. Hopefully this will make things cheaper (and greener) for travellers.

I NEED A RIDE!
My location (city and state/province, zip code, etc.) -
Spaces needed -
How much luggage/gear/etc. you'll have -
Any payment? (gas, food, trades, etc.?) -

SPACE AVAILABLE!
Coming from -
Planned route(s) -
I'm leaving for PAX on -
I'm going back home on -
Seats available -
Cargo capacity -
Requests, etc. -

May PAX be upon you.
Moe Fwacky on

• Hoboking006Hoboking006 Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - Sacramento, CA
    Planned route(s) - I-5
    I'm leaving for PAX on - August 30,2012 at about 3am or4 am
    I'm going back home on - September 3,2012
    Seats available - 3
    Cargo capacity - It's a 2nd Gen Prius, so it's got a hatchback and awesome mileage!
    Requests, etc. - Split parking equally, split gas based on how far you travel with me/us

Changed my mind, I'm taking the Pax train!

Hoboking006 on
    May PAX be upon you.
  • HeyJoeHeyJoe SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - Lynnwood/Everett area
    Planned route(s) - I-5
    I'm leaving for PAX on - 8/31 @ around 7 am
    I'm going back home on - 9/1 @ around 10-11 pm
    Seats available - 5-6 (minivan)
    Cargo capacity - whatever you can cram in there
    Requests, etc. - Chip in for gas and parking (which is ridiculous just about anywhere close to the convention center)

Basically I can be counted on to give you a ride to PAX on both Friday & Saturday (possibly Sunday). You might have to find your own way home however as I tend to be something of a lone wolf at cons (I like going off on my own... see more that way). Most likely meetup place would be the Ash Way Park and Ride and/or the Lynnwood Transit Center.

HeyJoe on
  • sarge1445sarge1445 Registered User regular
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from -Reno NV
    Planned route(s) - Likely I-5
    I'm leaving for PAX on - 30th
    I'm going back home on - 3rd
    Seats available - 2
    Cargo capacity - about 2 bags
    Requests, etc. - pay your share of the gas and put up with who ever is napping snoring

I AM THE VAMPIRE
  • bucketsjenbucketsjen Registered User new member
    I NEED A RIDE!
    My location - northern LA county (Santa Clarita)
    Spaces needed - 2 adults
    How much luggage/gear/etc. you'll have - not much (expecting 1-2 medium suitcases per person plus a small purse/bag, not bringing desktop PCs or other bulky items)
    Any payment? (gas, food, trades, etc.?) - will pay for our share of gas/tolls, will chip in for parking

Also willing to assist by taking driving shifts, if the owner of the vehicle wishes. Both of us have very good driving records.

• BaghdadBeanBaghdadBean Wrench Wench Scio-Lacomb, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - Scio-Lacomb/rural Linn County, OR
    Planned route(s) - Stayton-Salem-I-5-PAX---can alter to pick people up from Albany or Corvallis.
    I'm leaving for PAX on - Friday 0200-0300
    I'm going back home on - Monday-2300 to Tuesday 0100
    Seats available - 2 up 2 back
    Cargo capacity - Pickup truck-plenty of room in the bed but no canopy.
    Requests, etc. - Gas money optional, coffee and casual conversation required. No smoking in or near the vehicle, I have asthma.

Disclaimer: my vehicle is used to transport dogs, sheep, and small to medium sized children. If you have animal allergies, you might want another ride.

BaghdadBean on
  • AoiroAoiro Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from: Sacramento, CA
    Planned route(s): I-5
    I'm leaving for PAX on: 10PM on Thursday August 30th
    I'm going back home on: Leaving Seattle Sunday night, but driving to Centralia to visit a friend. We'll be partying and crashing at their house and will leave the following Monday morning.
    Seats available: 3
    Cargo capacity: 2 bags per person
    Requests, etc.: Pitch in for gas, parking, and please be willing to drive.

Aoiro on
  • 2spock2spock Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Edit: please delete this post.

2spock on
  • sanovahsanovah Nerd of the West San Diego, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - San Diego, CA
    Planned route(s) - Straight shoot up either I-5 or I-15
    I'm leaving for PAX on - I fly out on the 30th at like 9am. So to avoid LA traffic as best I can I will be leaving my house around 4am
    I'm going back home on - Fly home on the 3rd my flight gets back around 10am labor day, so I'll be leaving once i get my luggage
    Seats available - 3
    Cargo capacity - I drive a ford explorer so it has a good amount of storage space in the back and depending on how many of you there are we could also use the back seat.
    Requests, etc. - Just help pay for gas,food, parking and don't be a jerk. Since it is a relatively short drive and we'll have the flight/day before PAX to regroup I think I should be able to drive it all myself, but please be potentially ready to drive a ford explorer.
    Way to contact. PM on here

sanovah on
  • xlightscreenxlightscreen Registered User new member
    edited July 2012
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - Walla Walla, WA
    Planned route(s) - I -90 W Will be passing by a lot of cities, don't mind taking a bit of a detour as long as it doesn't add more then a hour to my trip.
    I'm leaving for PAX on - TBA. Probably the 31st early in the morning.
    I'm going back home on - either the 3rd or 4th depending if I end up at after party.
    Seats available - 1(technically 3 but backseats are pretty crammed.)
    Cargo capacity - Pretty decent size trunk, unless you have 3+ full bags for a three day trip should be fine.

Requests, etc. - chip in for gas. no smoking.

Not attending this year sorry :(

xlightscreen on
  • SnowRider04SnowRider04 Registered User new member
    I NEED A RIDE!
    My location (city and state/province, zip code, etc.) - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Spaces needed - 1
    How much luggage/gear/etc. you'll have - Hmm perhaps a fairly large box(costuming gear) and backpack
    Any payment? (gas, food, trades, etc.?) - Gas money

• BadNews65BadNews65 Data Solutions Analyst ArkansasRegistered User regular
    I know this may not be the correct format but Delta had plane tickets round trip for $250 just saying incase anyone gets stuck with out a ride. I am sure they will go up the closer PAX is.

• ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    I hope people are still using this? My plans have changed somewhat and I'm hoping to stay an extra night compared to the ride that brought me here.

I NEED A RIDE!
    My location (city and state/province, zip code, etc.) - Spokane, WA, or somewhere closeish
    Spaces needed - 1
    Dates-Really late 3rd or anytime the 4th
    How much luggage/gear/etc. you'll have - Likely a backpack and maybe a small carry-on suitcase, plus my DS bag (purse-sized) and perhaps a poster tube. Oh and a briefcase if I finish my cosplay.
    Any payment? (gas, food, trades, etc.?) - Gas money of course

Scunosi on
  • KaligKalig CalgaryRegistered User regular
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - Kamloops, BC
    Planned route(s) - South
    I'm leaving for PAX on - Early August 30th
    I'm going back home on - September 2nd
    Seats available - 5
    Cargo capacity - Whatever fits in a mini van.
    Requests, etc. - Gas money would be great!

• leafleaf Registered User regular
    SPACE AVAILABLE!
    Coming from - Kelowna, BC
    Planned route(s) - South [I have i5, probably going through seedrow wooly or however the hell you spell it]
    I'm leaving for PAX on - Early August 30th
    I'm going back home on - September 2nd
    Seats available - 1, maybe 2, though my ghostbuster proton pack takes a seat and gets strapped in. [this is non-negotioable]
    Cargo capacity - Back trunk/seats of a late model sunfire
    Requests, etc. - Some gas money, I don't even care about splitting it, I'm just as fine driving by myself. Also don't be a douche, and you had better like coast to coast am/decent music

newsig-notweed.jpg
  • ScunosiScunosi WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Bump for people needing rides. >.>

Come on people, Spokane's the second-biggest city in Washington!

• MrDoctorProfessorMrDoctorProfessor Registered User regular
    I NEED A RIDE!
    My location - About an hour North of Sacramento, CA
    Spaces needed - 1 Adult
    How much luggage/gear/etc. you'll have - Probably one small suitcase and 1 backpack
    Any payment? (gas, food, trades, etc.?) - will pay for our share of gas/tolls, more than willing to drive

I wanted to take the PAX train, but I want to make the Triwizard drinking tourney. Pretty much if you are coming anywhere close to me, I can meet you somewhere to avoid you having to get off your route as much as possible.

noAZAb5.png?1
    Hey Satan!
    Steam
  • country.hackercountry.hacker Registered User new member
    NEED A RIDE!
    My location - Spokane, WA
    Dates - Thurs/Sunday or Monday
    Spaces needed - 1 Adult
    How much luggage/gear - 1 small suitcase
    Payment? - Will split gas, driving, munchies. Also will sing along with radio if desired. Optional.

• AerocrowAerocrow Los AngelesRegistered User new member
    edited July 2012
    NEED A RIDE!
    My Location - Glendale, CA
    Dates - Thursday and Monday
    Spaces needed - 1 Adult
    How much luggage/gear - 1 backpack, 1 duffel bag
    Payment - I'll split the gas/tolls.

Aerocrow on
  • Bob JackassBob Jackass Registered User regular
    Seeing as there's no CCST this year but there are people still driving, I'm interested to see if anyone is taking the I-94 / I-90 route (the traditional CCST route)? Myself and 2 friends will be driving this route, leaving from Chicago Wednesday evening and arriving Friday morning. We'd be happy to make an impromptu caravan if anyone is going the same route at roughly the same time.

Check out my actual, real life rock band!

Xbox Live - Bob Jackass || Playstation - Cosby__Sweater || Steam - Bob Jackass

Twitter
  • country.hackercountry.hacker Registered User new member
    As we're getting closer (Less than 19 days now!) I thought I'd bump the thread and see if there's anyone offering a ride from/through Spokane (I-90) Thurs/Monday? I can't imagine I'm the only one from the area who's attending, right? ...right?

• mynameaintyaomynameaintyao Registered User regular
    Anyone wanna carpool from Redmond? I'd love not to have to take the 545 over the bridge.

• tekr0mancertekr0mancer Registered User new member
    edited August 2012
    NEED A RIDE

From Vancouver, BC area (Richmond)
    - one desperate person
    - will contribute towards gas
    - will contribute scintillating conversation
    - minimal baggage, not doing a costume

Need to return on Friday night as I only have a Friday pass, so preferably you also are coming back that night. Willing to consider one-way trip and I'll return on my own steam, but that means a night in the bus station as I have no accommodations arranged.

It's a longshot at this point, but 'you miss 100% of the shots you don't take'.

tekr0mancer on
This discussion has been closed.