As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Screenshots in Windows 7

Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
So apparently, I can't take a screenshot with my prtscn key. (it only copies the desktop, not the game for some reason) Is there a simple to use utility so I can catch screenshots from my non steam games?

Gigazombie Cybermage on

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Gadwin PrintScreen is pretty great for this.

• BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    Are you on Steam? Steam saves a screenshot of the game with the F12 key.

Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Well, I usually use Steam for the games I have for it, but I was wanting to take some pics of my other games too. Thanks TychCel!

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Okay, that program didn't work. I tried to take a screenshot of my City of Heroes characters and it only copied a shot of the splash screen.

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The free version of FRAPS might work just as well as the paid version for this.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    I'm sure you've figured it out by now but there is a Screenshot key for City of Heroes. No need to use a Print Screen or anything like that.

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Irfanview works for screenshots, as does Fraps.

B6yM5w2.gif