As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] at Redundant Threads

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I wish his voice wasn't distorted like that, and that the character wasn't played so straight. Foxx is a really fun and charismatic guy, and Electro is a campy name, so having him act that serious feels like a big misstep.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I wish his voice wasn't distorted like that, and that the character wasn't played so straight. Foxx is a really fun and charismatic guy, and Electro is a campy name, so having him act that serious feels like a big misstep.
    Is there any part of ASM that isn't a misstep?

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Guardians of the Galaxy cast revealed.

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/08/more-guardians-of-the-galaxy-casting-roles-revealed/
    Marvel Studios has only officially confirmed a couple of roles for Guardians Of The Galaxy, likely saving a big announcement for 2013 San Diego Comic-Con. However, there have been a lot of actors and actresses rumored to be tied to the movie, and a lot of speculation over what roles they might be playing.
    According to Den Of Geek, their sources have now confirmed that Benicio del Toro will be playing The Collector, Lee Pace will be playing Ronan The Accuser, and Karen Gillan will be playing Nebula. While it’s unlikely that there will be any official confirmation from Marvel Studios on these roles until Comic-Con, these are the roles that previous rumors had suggested the three stars in question would be playing.

There was also some early speculation that Benicio Del Toro would be playing Thanos, and even a report that Karen Gillan would be playing Angela, but those rumors for the most part seem to have fallen out of favor.
    The Guardians Of The Galaxy is set to premiere in movie theaters in the United States on August 1, 2014.

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    Don't know if this is old news or not, but first I've seen of the sub-title bit.

1069390_572169486174395_797496507_n.jpg

McFodder on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Is there any part of ASM that isn't a misstep?

The costume in ASM2 looks awesome. And Emma Stone looked great as Gwen Stacy.

Try to imagine her as MJ, though. Mmhmmmm.

• Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I really think Coulson is going to be as simple as "he was hurt, got better, Fury lied."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    I really think Coulson is going to be as simple as "he was hurt, got better, Fury lied."
    The pilot reviews out there say that the show hints that there is something else going on that even Coulson isn't aware of. I wouldn't be shocked if "Coulson's death" becomes a subplot mystery for the show.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    I still say Coulson is the new Vision.

9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

The scene isn't filmed like that. He's talking at Fury, then stops talking mid sentence and his face goes blank. It's a pretty clear cinematic death.

• Options
    spacekungfumanspacekungfuman Poor and minority-filled Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    reVerse wrote: »

The scene isn't filmed like that. He's talking at Fury, then stops talking mid sentence and his face goes blank. It's a pretty clear cinematic death.

LMD.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    I still say Coulson is the new Vision.

The way he's portrayed in Agents of SHIELD is so not vision-y, that I'd question what would be the point?

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

LMD.
    A theory that has merit, especially since Tony mentions them in the Avengers.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    FakefauxFakefaux Cóiste Bodhar Driving John McCain to meet some Iraqis who'd very much like to make his acquaintanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013

LMD.
    A theory that has merit, especially since Tony mentions them in the Avengers.

Also, descriptions of the Agents of SHIELD pilot at SDCC mentioned a scene where
    Coulson is questioned about his survival in front of Maria Hill and a scientist, with Coulson shrugging it off and saying he faked his death, but after he leaves the scientist turns to Hill and goes "He still doesn't know?" and she confirms he does not.

Fakefaux on
  • Options
    http://new.blog.imdb.net/2013/07/22/comic-con-x-men-days-of-future-past/
    When Fox announced it was holding a secret press conference at Comic-Con, I figured that it would likely be for the new X-Men film. Cool, sure, but not much to get excited about. When I checked in for the press conference for both Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Wolverine, I couldn’t help but notice all the extra chairs next to the stage. I knew then it must be happening, but still didn’t think it was a big deal. Then, as the entire cast* X-Men: Days of Future Past entered, the packed room was asked to please refrain from posting the news online until after the panel had begun, so as not to ruin the surprise for the fans.

Thus began the longest 30 minutes I experienced at Comic-Con.

Have you ever tried to sit in a room with Sir Patrick Stewart, Sir Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen Page, Nicholas Hoult, Peter Dinklage, Shawn Ashmore, Evan Peters, Omar Sy, along with director Bryan Singer, Laura Shuler Donner, and screenwriter Simon Kinberg… and not tell anyone? It’s really, really hard.

I wasn’t one of the lucky ones that got to go to panel to see the preview footage, but here’s a few things I learned about the upcoming film as well as the cast. If you don’t want to be spoiled, stop reading now.

Rather than the film being a prequel or a sequel, Singer dubbed the film an “in-betweequel.” According to screenwriter Simon Kinberg, the goal was to try and make a film that could bring the full cast together, so time travel was the perfect tool to use. Because the character of Wolverine is ageless, he was chosen to be used as a journeyman, and way to tie both worlds together.

Singer addressed the rumors that if time travel was involved it would completely erase X-Men: The Last Stand. He stated, “Whenever you go back in time, and this is every bit as much a time travel movie as it is an X-Men movie, there are those risks. If you believe in certain physics and multiverses, you have to have respect for the continuity as we had. I believe certain continuity will maintain, and some things will change. It’s the nature of time travel. If you go back and mess with time, things happen…“

He continued, “This is my first opportunity to make a time travel movie and I tried my very best to make a set of rules, respect them, and stay within the continuity of those rules.”

Sir Patrick Stewart was also concerned when he first heard about this film. “I heard of this movie and immediately l was filled with such sadness because most of you probably won’t recall but I was vaporized at the end of X-Men III, and that really hurt. I hope it never has to happen to the any of you. So my assumption was that Ian, Halle, and Hugh and everyone would come back, but they won’t need me. But then something happened–which I’m not allowed to talk about, am I?” he asked Singer.

Singer jumped in, “Characters come back to life in the comics. But whenever I do something, I can’t just do it flippantly I have to at least believe that in the idea, in the conceit. In my own mind, I understand how Xavier is alive from X-Men III. “

“So does that mean that Xavier is back,” teased Stewart. Singer would only confirm, “For the moment.”

One thing that was clear from the conference was that this is a very tight knit group. When asked what it was like to be reunited, everyone spoke about the friendships they had made and maintained over the years, and the pleasure of working with the new cast.

Jackman was asked if he had to pick his favorite X-Men character, other than Wolverine, what would it be? Here was his answer:

“It’s a very (Storm) difficult thing (Storm) to (Storm)… It’s a very, very difficult thing to say (Storm) who is my favorite (Storm). But it’s also (Storm) hard to separate and actor from the part (Storm), so my general rule is to do as many (Storm) movies with Halle Berry as possible.

I am in perhaps unique position on this panel because the first film I did in America was given to me by this man and that was the first X-Men. It’s almost impossible to believe how everyone on this side [the original cast] feels, how incredibly unique, rare, lucky, and blessed we are to be able come back together 14 years later. If you were lucky enough in your life to be in a film with just these actors, you are about as lucky as you can be as an actor. If you look to the right [to the new cast], this is what you get paid for, to work with them. In honest truth, this movie is two great movies in one. I can’t believe the embarrassment of riches I have to work with all of them here so the truth of the matter is, you will never get me to say who my favorite is. Storm.”

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    I love Patrick Stewart...

"Oh, look, a new X-men movie. But I guess they don't need me... :(
    *phone rings*
    Hello? Bryan! Yes, I heard about your new project. Wait, you want me back?"

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited July 2013
    So hey...who wants to see Drax and Rocket Racoon?

Click here
    I'm sorry
    ...no I'm not :p

Psychotic One on
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq0iV18rCAk

Sentinels in X-Men: Days of Future Past confirmed.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    and a couple of pics of the Sentinels too.
    x-men-DOFP-sentinel-reagan-inauguration.jpg
    1280-x-men-days-future-past-sentinel.jpg

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    So I guess they're going to retcon a lot of stuff in the previous X-Men films.

• Options

X-Men 3 is going to be completely retconned out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I meant the Sentinels. There were no mention of Sentinels in the previous X-Men films but apparently, they've been around for decades. Unless of course, that's the alternate timeline where Xavier dies in the 70's.

• Options
    Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular

well, alternate timeliines and all that...

and lets be fair, First Class played pretty loosely with continuity so no reason why this one would be any different.

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Hey, you guys remember Tom Jane's unofficial Punisher short?

Well the guy behind that has released another short film that's very similar. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say that it's even better than his previous effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDYL6oECjU

This dude needs to be doing Marvel features.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options

Well the guy behind that has released another short film that's very similar. I don't want to spoil the surprise, but I will say that it's even better than his previous effort.

Yeah, thaat's pretty cool. And Ryan Kwanten <3

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I figure the result of Days of Future Past is going to change the massive plot holes between First Class and X-man 1. This will free them up to basically ignore the fact that they killed 70% of all the mutants that are involved in all major X-man stories. I've never seen Game of Thrones but the way the internet loves Dinklage I have moderate hope of his role in playing the mutant anti-christ.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »
    I thought it's been confirmed about coulson
    he lived and is the lead in the shield tv series?

The question is how.

And the answer really needs to be something that is unique to Coulson's situation. Them going to this well once is fine. Twice would be stretching it.

Alternately make it a running joke.

This is whedon after all. COnsider this. COulson has Life Model Decoys. The cast of SHIELD keeps thinking they are talking to the "real" COulson only for him to be revealed to be a machine every once and awhile.

Season 2 finale reveals Coulson really died but it happened years ago and all we've ever seen were machine copies.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I meant the Sentinels. There were no mention of Sentinels in the previous X-Men films but apparently, they've been around for decades. Unless of course, that's the alternate timeline where Xavier dies in the 70's.

There was a reference to Sentinals in 3 which I'm pretty sure wont be noncanon until after days comes out.

COnsider this. The Sentinal pics seem to be pretty far in the past. Maybe before the 90's the sentinels were deemed illegal and immoral(because really they are) and were de-commissioned until after X-3.

Kinda a stretch but it doesn't seem like anything worth getting hung up about.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

Wow dude. Can't wait to see what he does next.

• Options
    Thor-The-Dark-World.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Chris Eccelson is sad he got no poster mention.

• Options
    SarcasmoBlasterSarcasmoBlaster Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    I wonder how Days of Future Past is going to address the fact that the Professor X / Magneto relationship was treated as lasting years in the first 3 films, but lasted all of about 2 weeks in First Class.

• Options
    edited August 2013
    First look at Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn in Amazing Spider-Man 2

DF-57995.jpg

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I wonder how Days of Future Past is going to address the fact that the Professor X / Magneto relationship was treated as lasting years in the first 3 films, but lasted all of about 2 weeks in First Class.

Reasonably sure they're diverging timelines, that First Class started a new chain of events that leads to a future where Xavier's alive and Magneto still has his powers.

Hell, maybe they won't even mention X3 at all :P

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Thor-The-Dark-World.jpg

Don't really care for the Jane/Thor posing, but the more I look at that poster, the more I like it.

newSig.jpg
  • Options

Reasonably sure they're diverging timelines, that First Class started a new chain of events that leads to a future where Xavier's alive and Magneto still has his powers.

Wasn't Xavier coming back and Magneto getting his powers back both foreshadowed in X-Men 3?

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    yes, both after the credits and just before the credits respectively

• Options

The Wolverines post credits scene is a preview for Days of future Past
    And Wolverine asks why Xavier isn't dead

The most likely situation is that X3 is in canon now and any small continuity errors between the originals and FC will be glossed over and then time travel will erase the first film and the next will star FC's Xavier and Magneto.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    First look at what the sentinels will look like in Days of Future Past

BQmc-9fCIAA6yMf.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    I like that it appears to be powered by a jet turbine

This discussion has been closed.