Options

[Game On] Shadowrun 3rd "Just Another Day in Paradise." Chapter 2 "Paradise"

• Options
    rucdocrucdoc Crazy guy in the corner ClassifiedRegistered User regular
    4 from H2H 4 from dice pool for 8 dice target 4 8d6o6t4: 4 [8d6o6t4=5, 11, 3, 3, 3, 2, 10, 9] 4 success damage 6S

Squirrel counters the flurry of blows, landing return shots for each attack. All the while smiling rather unnervingly at his attacker.

Original Creepy Janitor

http://www.dust514stats.com
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    I tried my best to be quiet, what can you do?

Upon arriving in the bathroom, I'll punch the guy once in the base of the neck

which I'll roll now as I'll be afk for a bit

7+3 from my combat pool

TN of 3 for one friend in melee

http://orokos.com/roll/78331

That's 7 successes at a base damage of str 8m stun (I'm not using my "killing hands" power to cold-cock some guy). The rolls are linked in case I got the TN wrong. Hopefully I didn't jog him too hard, like the albino in princess bride.

• Options
    illgottengainsillgottengains Registered User regular
    In the astral Mao will have surprise advantage on the dudes in the van and can act at anytime.

• Options
    Squirrel I believe you already used your whole combat pool for this combat turn, however, you have enough success in your first four dice to evade the attacks.

• Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    and I'm back. Another fun work day

• Options
    thought it had reset, my appologies so 2 success on my part then

Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    Raven looks sidelong at Lucy, "What the frag is going on in that bathroom?"

She then makes sure to keep an eye on thier "friend" at the bar who likes to text.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Lucy frowns, looking sadly at her meal. "I don't know, but whatever it is, we should go check it out." She rises casually and saunters over to the bathroom, as sudden movement would have attracted attention.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    I screwed up - you can astrally _perceive_ and cast spells on targets both in the physical and astral planes, but if you're _projecting_ you can only target astrally active things. Now, if one of those guys was a mage or a spirit or something, I could target his astral self, but since none of them are... oops. Can I slightly edit Mao's previous actions? Once he assensed those guys, he would've returned to his body and tried to follow the van on foot. Instead of telling it to guard his body, while he closes on the van he's going to have the city spirit expend one of its services and hit the first guy out with Confusion. In the meantime he's going to be listening very hard to see if he can figure out their target from any chatter.

• Options
    That'll be fine Gabriel, I didnt catch that either. Bit rusty I suppose. I don't mind it if other players call me when I eff up, how else to learn? Sorry abut the slow pace, it's the last week of classes... so.. you know.... tomorrow is the last day though so I'll be back in action soon :D

• Options
    @Steelhawk, the hydra-goon is at the only guest door, watching through the glass door of the bar.

All players should roll init if you have not already. I'm going to average out the init for each side of the growing conflict in the bar on the next combat turn. Juton, and Squirrel will get to finish this initiative pass before anyone else enters combat. Lyov and the ork will remain separate.

Gabriel_Pitt, Mao can use the city-spirit to cast confusion now. Go ahead and make your rolls, we'll count it as a surprise bonus round and mesh you into the "Bar fight" init pool with everyone else.

His overly aggressive striking combination leaves the thug open to counterattack. Squirrel connects with solid right jab to the thug's left eyebrow. His skull feels harder than it should. His brow quickly puffs up but doesn't bleed. (light damage)

Juton shoulder checks the door in, rudely interrupting the duel inside. He takes a step in and slams a fist into the thug's neck before he can react. The thug grunts as he is struck and looses his balance.
    Squirrel is up next in initiative due to the thug taking damage. He'll (maybe) get another turn in this init pass.

• Options
    In the hangar the ceska-weilding ork fires two more bursts, continuing to put holes into Mr. Matuli's jet. One the third burst some lead catches lyov.
    two success, Damage code 9M
    A fourth burst spews from the machine-pistol but misses even the jet.
    Lyov should get a turn at combat phase 3 now.

• Options
    Squirrel takes a moment to breath, Smiling at his attacker. "Like I said mate, big mistake." Squirrel said softly.
    Not gonna attack back, doing nothing else, just staying ready to defend myself. end of turn

Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Sorry, my ability to take part has been more sporadic than I'd expected.
    I'm confused. The Ork seems to have fired 4 bursts, for 4 Complex Actions, but we're still only on the second turn of combat. Did you get sick of waiting and advance things?

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    You could probably finish him off, man, he can't have much left. If we can get him over "S" damage he's basically useless.

Igg, I'm sure you factored it in, but I should note I gave that damage to you unstaged.

Chrysis, there are weapons that fire 3 round bursts as a simple action (rather than full auto which is a complex action) ... think of robocop's gun

If I need another CC roll, while I'm at work, I'll use one combat pool die ...it's http://orokos.com/roll/78574 - 5, 2, 6, 1, 2, 5, 3, 6.

tried a biotech test to see his condition, but I rolled a one - I think he's gaining power as we hit him, I guess.

If we put the guy down, I'll pour water down the front of his shirt and set him on the toilet and go tell the bartender he passed out.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Np crisis. No, I didn't get sick of waiting, I'm a fairly patient guy, or I try to be. The thugh had two turns in a row due to his high initiative roll and your rather low one especially after the damage modifier is applied. He fired four bursts in two turns. Burst-fire is a simple action (p115 or so.) He's got partial cover now too behind a hydraulic pump. You need to do a dodge or soak for 9m against two successes. After that you re up.

Yikes, that's what I get for rushing a post out before bed. I did not stage up the damage, I imagined you staged up the TN, but that's just your strength, huh? Juton's attack is going to render the thug unconscious. I will make a new post to reflect that.

Initially, the restroom thug retained consciousness after getting punched in the back of the neck, but only a second later he crumples to the ground. Still breathing, but out cold.

As Lucy peers into the slightly off-hinge men's room door she notes the thug crumpled up on the tile. Juton is standing over him splashing water on his shirt. Squirrel finally gets to wash his hands.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Chrysis, he went after you in one round and before you in the next because of initiative varience.

Re the thug:
    I'll quickly pat him down, pocket anything rad like a gun or a credstick, and then sit the dude on the shitter and leave him in the stall.

"Sorry, man, I would have let you handle it but I thought with two of us we could keep it quiet. Don't want to fuck up the thing we are supposed to do here later if we can help it. Do you think this is one of that Hydra douchebag's team? We should have killed him. I knew when I looked at that guy I was just going to have to kill him later."

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    Juton does not recognize this thug. After rummaging through the guy's pockets Juton removes a sin card that says he lives here in honolulu. and that his name Alfonso Hitchcock. Sounds bogus. There is a credstick worth 500¥ in the guys other pocket but he isn't carrying any weapons.

• Options
    "I told him this was a mistake. Anyway we've been made. Next guy isn't gonna play nice like this. " Squirrel said as he washed his hands. "If he's carrying any cash, we might want to toss it to the owner for the mess he made in here."

Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    edited August 2012
    "good plan. He's probably not alone, either. Also, his fake id must have been bought out of someone's rear window, because it's really for the birds"

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    "There is a gentleman in the dining room who has recognized Raven, though I naturally eluded him. I suggest we, ah, deal with him, and then leave."

• Options
    "which guy?" Juton asks.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    -- The 5-o'clock --

Somehow, the restroom brawl, and Juton's crashing through the door go unnoticed over the din of the bar-crowd, the mic'ed up uke and the singer. Outside in the parking lot, four dudes with smg's pile out of the conversion van. Mao's city spirit manifests near the street, translucent, otherworldly, newspaper scraps and fast food wrappings cyclone about the spirit. The gunmen, once intent on entering the bar now all four of them begin to wander off in different directions. One goes for the beach, one is nearly stroke by a passing sedan--the horn blaring loudly as it swerves--on the street, the other two walk off in different directions along the sidewalk.

Hydra's hit-man at the door turns expectantly towards the white van, and begins to shout and curse at the gunmen. Apparently he hasn't noticed the spirit across the street, on account of an over-sized SUV. He runs after the nearest, the one at the beach, his post guarding the door abandoned.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    "Oh," says Juton, "That guy."

• Options
    SteelhawkSteelhawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Raven sits at her table, still sipping her drink. Someone has to maintain their composure here. The reassuring weight of her weapons anchors her rising concern. The fan is on and there is Drek about...
    Ha! Autocorrect turned drek into Derek!

Steelhawk on
  • Options
    Jotun visible perks up, like a hunting dog that has seen a rabbit.

He casually walks to the door, steps outside, and starts following the guy.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Mao was pacing his breathing as he rounded the corner and got sight on the front of the bar, the sight of the van's occupants wandering off in a thoroughly mushbrained way. He was going to have to pay some extra respects to the spirit of the city for this one.

He saw a guy at the door turn expectantly, and then experience a sudden onset of averted expectations when the gunmen were not where or doing what they should've. For the moment, the quartet hadn't shaken their confusion, and for the moment it wasn't likely they would, unless someone made an effort to it. Like the dick by the door, who had no idea he'd just painted a big ass bullseye on his back.

He noticed Jotun step out of the bar, and but was too far away to get the other man's attention. He took a step to the side, keeping a clear line of sight on Mr. Angry and smiled in a very satisfied manner as he started producing the mental imagery that would create stunball. He didn't want to clip Jotun but getting one of the other gunman wouldn't bother him much, but the distances were going to be difficult.

Then again, that's why he'd summoned the immensely helpful spirit friend. Since it'd worked so well the first time, he asked the city spirit to drop Confusion on him as well. If that bought them a few moments, and if everyone wandered into appropriate position to get stunballed, all the better.
    My area for a stunball spell is a radius of 3-6 meters. Would there be anyway I could drop on Mr. Angry and only hit him or the the guys from the van, or are there too many bystanders in that area to pull it off?

• Options
    My SR knowledge is not exhaustive, but I'm not aware of any ways of controlling the AOE for spellcasting in this system unless the spell specifically says so, and I'm not of any that do. If I've got that wrong, by all means tell me, but to my knowledge you can't modify spell radius.

However, Hydra's man or the gunman could be picked off without harming anyone else. Another option would be to wait and see if Hydra's boy catches the gunman, and blast them both then.

About the spirit. When you called it, you achieved 4 successes, right? I believe that each success grants you a service from the spirit. If each confusion cast is considered one service then I believe your spirit is on smoke break until you summon it again.

-- The 5-O'clock --

Inside the bar tensions are rising. The uke player has stopped playing and is now intently gazing out the glass door and the windows facing the parking lot. It seems like he's seen the gunmen, and is confused about their actions, but he is definitely in fight or flight now. Some of the other patrons have taken notice as Hydra's man and Juton move to pursue one of the gunmen. Most everyone else is aware that something is up.

Outside, along the parking lot and the beach, Juton is about 20 meters behind the guy in Hydra's crew who is himself about 15 meters from the gunman. Juton can see a heavy pistol in the Hydra proxy's right hand, but he isn't quite sure what type exactly on account of it waving around so much.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    gabe, you can change the radius of an area spell by withholding base sorcery dice. 1 die to boost tge radius 1 meter, or two dice to shrink it a meter...holding back is harder than letting go. Also, candidly, if you hit me you hit me, I can probably handle it/recover from it.

I'm going to make a stealth roll to stay out of the guy's eyeline behind a row of cars or something for the moment...he has a gun out, and I don't, and I'm sure someone is calling the cops. I'm going to still try to close with him, sam fischer style, but prioritize lowering my profile...maybe if he starts shooting, I can paint myself as a hero bystander

"Girls and squirrels," Jotun says, subvocalizing into the mic as he drops into a low stance behind a row of parked cars, "If you don't think you're blown in the bar, stay in place for the main op. Mao seems to be holding it down out here. Watch out for hydra. He could be in there already, he's a mage."

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    Squirrel scans the bathroom to see if there is another way out, otherwise he's gonna have to walk out the front door without getting to eat.

Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    If you counted each guy affected by the confusion spell as one service, then yeah, the spirit would be on it's way, but given how well it worked, I'd call that fair enough, especially if I can drop the gunman with a stunball without hitting any unintended targets. I'll withhold 2d6 from the sorcery test to make the radius 1 meter smaller anyways, just in case.

The eldritch imagery locked in Mao's mind's eye, his pupils going diamond slit-like as he raised a hand and felt a moment of connection between him and Hydra's goon, a flow of mana connecting them for a fraction of a second before of bloom of spiritual power centered on the other man blossomed outwards.
    I don't know what the target number is - I think I'm rolling against his body for damage, and then he's rolling his body v tn5 (spell force level) to soak.

Stunball: 4 Sorcery dice, 4 spell pool, serious stun wound level: 9, 1, 1, 3, 5, 5, 3, 5
    Unless he has Body 6, that's 4 success raising it to Deadly Stun +1 extra boxes going by the over damage rules. So to stage down he needs 2 success to soak the extra box and take it down to deadly, 2 more to soak it from deadly to serious, etc IIRC)

Drain: 6 willpower, 2 spell pool vs TN 3 (F5/2 rounded down, +1 per the spell description): 1, 4, 3, 3, 6, 5, 5, 5
    Soaked to Moderate-Light-Nothing.

• Options
    dude. That's quality zapping. Your tn is his will on a "stun" spell.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    You wouldn't have seen it with mundane vision, but you would have felt it if you were anywhere near that hitman. He goes down like a bag of so many rocks and skids to an abrupt halt on the pavement where he lies breathing but otherwise still.

Miraculously, everything seems okay. The bar patrons aren't in full on panic mode but they remain vigilant. The team seems to have a window to make their escape. From the astral Mao's city spirit sustains it's confusion power on the gunmen but some of them have stopped wandering. They would appear to be standing as if in a daze as they sort through their minds what it was they were supposed to be doing, and how it was that they were out by the beach with their firearms hanging off their shoulders in the middle of the day.

Somewhere on the streets nearby the siren-sound of approaching lawdogs raises to a howl.

illgottengains on
  • Options
    Son of a bitch, that stung. Looks like it's going to get worse before it gets better as well. Time to stop messing around and break out the big guns. Especially with the cops on the way.

Clutching at his side, Lyov sprints back along the wing to the waiting door of the plane. There'd be better cover, and a bigger shotgun, from there.
    Sorry for the delays, travel has made things a bit messier than I expected. Finished now though, so I should be good to go.

Going to roll to soak the new damage. Between the damage modifiers and smaller dice pool dodging isn't worth the effort. We haven't got anything else to do, and it's pretty important, so we're going to drop the entire combat pool for this turn into the soak. So that's 2 + 8, 10 dice, TN 4.

Work filters block Orokos, so Invisible Castle it is.
    10d6.hits(4) → [5,3,2,5,6,1,4,4,2,3] = (5)

5 successes, so we can stage his damage down one step. So Lyov takes a Light wound. Not as bad as it could have been. Lyov is on 4 boxes filled, with a +2 TN and -2 Init modifier.

For clarity, the intent of his action is to hobble as fast as possible along the wing into the cover of the access hatch. Once there, he will take cover, drop his pistol and grab the shotgun resting against the wall just inside the door.

He only gets one turn this phase, so let's reroll init now.
    With Damage Mods taken into account, Initiative is 4+d6. 1d6+4 → [2,4] = (6)

New initiative is 6 again.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    Why don't you get two steps off five successes?

• Options
    Hearing the Sirens Squirrel stops looking around and walks straight out of the bathroom and heads straight for the front door. "Looks like it's time to leave." He says as he passes by the table.

Original Creepy Janitor

• Options
    Why don't you get two steps off five successes?
    Because he got two successes to hit me. So my first two successes are spent negating his, and I'm left with 3 for staging which is done in blocks of two.

• Options
    edited August 2012
    Mao leaned against the alley wall, trying to look casual and completely uninvolved in any shenanigans happening anywhere nearby. Just a guy on his phone. "Clean exit window next few seconds," he sent. He kept his eyes on the four gunmen - the spacing was going to be difficult, but if they got frisky he'd have another stunball ready for them.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Jotun slumps casually onto a beachfront bench.

"should I thin them out?" He texts.

Followed by "you guys ok in there" to the group inside.

• Options
    -- The Hangar --

Lyov is bleeding from two holes now. He can't hang out on the wing much longer; Lyov crouch-runs for the door hatch between bursts from the ork. It's a bit of a jump from the wing but no acrobatics are involved. He ducks behind the bulkhead as the ceska heaves two more bursts steaming lead that clatter along the plane's hull. These things aren't meant to sustain weapons fire, they're built for speed. Light pours into the learjett from about a dozen bullet-holes. Lyov reasons that the ork has only got at most five more bursts before he needs to reload.
    Lyov is up at Init Pass 6. The ork has another go at init pass 3