As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

new guy

jjpicjjpic Registered User new member
edited May 2012 in Debate and/or Discourse
So....my name is Josh. Im new to this place. Im a young guy from nowhere in victoria. I study full time. Hang out with mates. Generally lead an uneventful life. However, tonight while im writing an essay i check facebook. Going down recent posts i see something from Cracked.com. Its an article on the 5 worst marketing disasters in video game history. I think to myself "im a video gamer....this sounds like fun". So, i open it, start reading....learn all about how Jamie Kennedy is a dick...and John Romero Is everybody's bitch. But then a headline grabs me.....

Oceans Marketing disaster...

Im sure i dont need to go into detail. Im sure everyone here knows all about it. However, im only halfway through reading the discussion between that TOTAL IDIOT Paul Christoforo and the creator of this site Mike Krahulik and i really just wanted to say...

Mr Krahulik, you are potentially the, coolest, greatest, most outstanding individual I have ever read writting from...and i spend my days reading journal articles by leading scientists.

I really am just giddy with excitement over how well Mike sticks it to Paul and needed to vent a little. I have done that now and will return to reading the rest of the conversation....

jjpic on

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    May I suggest you read the rules?

We don't do hi, I am the new guy thread around here around here.

We also had a thread for Oceans Marketing. It was closed months ago by the mods. We had a followup thread recently about something connected to Oceans Marketing, but it has since dropped off the front page.

Most importantly: Gabe and Tycho do not read the forums.

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    jjpicjjpic Registered User new member
    Will do. Just needed the vent the excitement from reading it.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the kind words buddy, enjoy the forums.

Kipling217 wrote: »
    May I suggest you read the rules?

We don't do hi, I am the new guy thread around here around here.

We also had a thread for Oceans Marketing. It was closed months ago by the mods. We had a followup thread recently about something connected to Oceans Marketing, but it has since dropped off the front page.

Most importantly: Gabe and Tycho do not read the forums.

We have a whole mod staff for this, as soon as we're looking for new people we'll let you know. Until then please use the report button and let us do our jobs.

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.