As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trailers] Del Toro Confirmed Insane And It Is Glorious

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »
    I have never been so glad to have not seen Crystal Skull.

It's really not that bad.
    No, it is very bad.

In my opinion, it's a better film than Temple of Doom.

Raiders > Last Crusade > Crystal Skull > Temple of Doom.

You have a bad opinion! Temple is way superior to Crystal Skull on multiple fronts. I mean at least Temple has Iconic imagery and is the darkest movie in the franchise. People just hate it because of Willie Scott and she's not even that annoying.

No way, she's super fucking annoying.

My GF watched it for the first time last year and half way through she looks at me and says "Is that women ever gonna shut the hell up and stop screaming?".

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Temple is so much better than Crystal Skull we shouldn't even be having a conversation about it. It's like asking, "Which ice cream flavor is better, Rocky Road or Dirty Shards O'Glass?" Rocky Road isn't everyone's favorite, but yeah, I'll take it.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Temple is so much better than Crystal Skull we shouldn't even be having a conversation about it. It's like asking, "Which ice cream flavor is better, Rocky Road or Dirty Shards O'Glass?" Rocky Road isn't everyone's favorite, but yeah, I'll take it.

CAKE OR DEATH?

• Options
    We're all out of cake!

• Options
    shryke wrote: »

No, it is very bad.

You have a bad opinion! Temple is way superior to Crystal Skull on multiple fronts. I mean at least Temple has Iconic imagery and is the darkest movie in the franchise. People just hate it because of Willie Scott and she's not even that annoying.

No way, she's super fucking annoying.

My GF watched it for the first time last year and half way through she looks at me and says "Is that women ever gonna shut the hell up and stop screaming?".

Much like his brother-in-beard Lucas, Spielberg has some really bad ideas of what constitutes humor in films. Spielberg is a master of a lot of things, but humor is not one of them. As probably evidenced by his one and only total failure being his one and only comedy, 1941.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    ...I liked 1941.

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    There were some funny parts in "Catch Me If You Can"

but i did have to dig pretty deep for good Spielberg comedy. Some bits in Hook, maybe.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Umm... there's a lot of humor in the first three Indy flicks, and most of it works.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Like when Indy shoots the sword guy.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah, the entire start of Temple has a lot of comedic moments, it gets darker later on, but there are some well timed jokes here and there. And Last Crusade had humor throughout.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    The running gag about how Indy is pretty fearless about giant spiders and stuff, but absolutely hates snakes.

• Options
    IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    All of the Last Crusade with Sean Connery is hilarious.

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

No, it is very bad.

And the kid.

Holy crap that kid.

Short Round is under-rated.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

No, it is very bad.

And the kid.

Holy crap that kid.

Short Round is under-rated.

898476-short_round_4_super.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    He'll always be the asian stereotype from goonies to me. Even if that wasn't him.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    It is impossible to under-rate Short Round. Short Round is terrible. Shia LaBeouf was better than Short Round.

• Options
    It is impossible to under-rate Short Round. Short Round is terrible. Shia LaBeouf was better than Short Round.

Please stop posting something this wrong has to cause cancer.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

Please stop posting something this wrong has to cause cancer.

It must be opposite day.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    They keep showing Crystal Skull on TV and you know what? The Beef isn't bad for the first, like, 30 or so minutes of the movie. Him and Indy's original interactions work pretty well. It's only once they hit the jungle that they have him doing the stupidest shit.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    They keep showing Crystal Skull on TV and you know what? The Beef isn't bad for the first, like, 30 or so minutes of the movie. Him and Indy's original interactions work pretty well. It's only once they hit the jungle that they have him doing the stupidest shit.

And him having to do all that stupid shit isn't his fault. The Beef is fine.

• Options

Isn't that around the time Shia Labeouf shows up?

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Seriously, I'd rather watch Crystal Skull than Temple of Doom any day of the week if only because Karen Allen is infinitely better than Kate Capshaw.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    RLM already told us what the issue with Crystal Skull is, its not the beef (though the jungle onward he's useless as is marian) its that we all want to be Indy in the first 3 movies, and no one wants to be old indiana jones, not even harrison ford.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Isn't that around the time Shia Labeouf shows up?

No, he's around in ... whatever city in the states they are in.

The sad thing is, the scene in the dinner with him and Indy works really well. The two bounce off each other well and just seeing that, you'd think "You know, this could work".

Of course, by that pointy you've sat through the opening, so you've abandoned all hope for the movie, but still.

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    Here's an interesting way of doing a remake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvBAaB3Lo-U

icp lol

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    ICP is like entertainments failed partial birth abortion.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    I thought they watched the movie. Just go to the basement, kill the one infected and wait till morning. Oh and make sure that a white guy checks to see if it's OK to come out.

• Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZwdpXgPbKc

I don't like the call of duty games, but I love Peter Stormare and his ever evolving what the fuck is his accent (I believe he's a swede? Maybe fuck I dunno).

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    CommunistCowCommunistCow Abstract Metal ThingyRegistered User regular

We really need a disagree button just for this post. That movie was awful.

___

I will definitely watch Olympus Has Fallen when it comes to Netflix.

No, I am not really communist. Yes, it is weird that I use this name.
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vwx1f0kyNwI

Ok Die Hard 4, and 24 you are both off the hook for the most ridiculous thing to happen to the american capitol.

Die Hard...in the White House? Wasn't this from a rejected Die Hard script?

No no, this is Under Siege 3.

"Can we trust him?"

"With all due respect, I'm the best chance you've got"

That's a Segal line, I'm sure of it

• Options
    Oakey wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vwx1f0kyNwI

Ok Die Hard 4, and 24 you are both off the hook for the most ridiculous thing to happen to the american capitol.

Die Hard...in the White House? Wasn't this from a rejected Die Hard script?

No no, this is Under Siege 3.

"Can we trust him?"

"With all due respect, I'm the best chance you've got"

That's a Segal line, I'm sure of it

Gerard Butler must be this generations Seagal.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    The "Can we trust him" dude looks like the same as the "can we trust him" dude from the Under siege films

• Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    No. Butler clearly gets beat up in that trailer. Steven Seagal would never lower himself. He walks through all his movies without taking a scratch.

Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    The best Steven Seagal movie was Executive Decision, where they set him up as a major badass and then kill him in the first 10 minutes so that the actual protagonist can take over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ms91m1bCXQ

Actually, it's a pretty unique twist on the Die Hard genre the sense that the terrorists aren't even aware that the heroes are on the plane until 10 minutes before the ending, which means that the entire movie is pretty much setup and build.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    So, I keep seeing trailers for Movie 43.

It looks so stupid. Really stupid. Stupid like "why are all these stars stooping so low" stupid. I am seriously baffled.

Maybe it's so stupid it's dope.
    But nah, seriously, what the hell Hollywood? The movie looks like it was written by a group of 8th graders.

RT800 on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    I have no idea what the hell Movie 43 is even about.

It's just a bunch of random cutaway skits.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Godfather wrote: »

Family Guy: The Movie?

sig.gif
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    They messed up the "can we trust him" answer.

"You dont have a choice" would of been better.

Also taking bets on whether the main bad guy is Korean (of the northern variety) or Chinese. My bet is Korean cause no one wants to piss of China.

• Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Godfather wrote: »

Family Guy: The Movie?

No you're thinking of TED

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    The backdrop musics in that Upstream Color thing was pretty nice; I don't think it's him but it would be pretty cool if the director dude had made the OST for the film again.

This discussion has been closed.