As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Game On] Trauma Center Wii

SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
edited April 2009 in Games and Technology
The search didn't turn up much so I gave up.

I caved and bought Trauma Center for the Wii b/c I don't have it for the DS and I wanted a new Wii game.

I'm at the part where I'm overseas and have to twist someone's bone into place.

And I keep failing. I just can't seem to figure it out. I twist, it snaps back into place with a sickening crunch, I twist again the other way, same results.

I will experience true trauma if I don't figure this out. Help, pls.

Squashua on

Posts

  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    You have to get it perfectly aligned and then manually release it, it won't pop into place by itself.

    Anyone else disappointed by how the game ended?
    I liked how absurdly pretentious the plot became, and the climax from the DS game was awesome. However, they didn't fit the new stuff in very well. The plot went from epic to feeling somewhat transistional, and then simply ended right at the point where I was looking forward to the two or so final chapters that I expected the game to have after it set up the transition.

    I would have loved if they had managed to add in an additional two chapters or so, maybe with different, more challenging forms of the GUILTs.

    Of course, part of my problem with it might have been that I had had some difficulty with the second-to-last operation and left the game alone for a bit, without realizing that I was that close to the end. When I finally came back to the game, I decided to attempt a few easier operations as warm-ups, including the original Savato. Needless to say, facing Savato again felt like an anticlimax.

    jothki on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    The search didn't turn up much so I gave up.

    I caved and bought Trauma Center for the Wii b/c I don't have it for the DS and I wanted a new Wii game.

    I'm at the part where I'm overseas and have to twist someone's bone into place.

    And I keep failing. I just can't seem to figure it out. I twist, it snaps back into place with a sickening crunch, I twist again the other way, same results.

    I will experience true trauma if I don't figure this out. Help, pls.
    You're not twisting it. Just move it down a little bit.

    DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2007
    I did not know this was a remake and was very disappointed when I found out (after I bought it).

    apotheos on


    猿も木から落ちる
  • SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    I'll give it a try. I didn't realize I had to release the button/tongs; figured it'd snap into place once I got it there.

    I absolutely hate how obnoxious the surgeon is, but I hope he pegs the blonde.

    One thing I do like about this game is the difficulty; there are barely any instructions (I didn't read the book) and you're just thrown into the fire. I started immediately on hardest level. Got an S and an A already.

    Squashua on
  • ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man, this game gets addictive. I spent a solid week and a half playing it non-stop until I S or XS'd everything. Some of the later missions and X missions get absolutely insane.

    ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    love the game...just hate the drama

    VoodooV on
  • SzechuanSzechuan Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This is the game that convinced my girlfriend to try the Wii. Unfortunately I burned out on it a few weeks after getting the console, so I'm still somewhere around the end of the 4th chapter or so. Excellent game, it just takes so much damn thought that I need to be very relaxed and focused to do well.

    Szechuan on
  • PoochPooch Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    apotheos wrote: »
    I did not know this was a remake and was very disappointed when I found out (after I bought it).
    Why? What more would you expect? I think the Wii controls made it different enough that even operations you got really familiar with on the DS version were a whole different experience.

    Pooch on
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ok, time to bring an old-ish thread back to life!

    I believe (according to amazon) that us Pal folks shall be getting Trauma Centre on the 10th of this month, in two days. I shall be buying this almost immediately. It's also one of the first wii games in a good while that I've seen advertised on TV.

    So, Pal folks, who else is buying it?

    Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • NickleNickle Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, this game gets addictive. I spent a solid week and a half playing it non-stop until I S or XS'd everything. Some of the later missions and X missions get absolutely insane.

    What is this XS of which you speak?

    I have a sudden sinking feeling.

    e: Center

    Nickle on
    Xbox/PSN/NNID/Steam: NickleDL | 3DS: 0731-4750-6906
  • Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nickle wrote: »
    e: Center

    Centre

    :p

    Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • swiftswift Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So Trauma Center finally came out in the UK today and i picked as i enjoyed the DS version. After being pretty disappointed about what the Wii has had to offer me so far i have to say that this has given me an experience that closest matches the expectations that i had for the system when i first found out about the unique controls.

    However, i am having a problem with it:

    traumavd1.jpg

    As you can in the picture im getting black bars around the right, bottom and top. Ive noticed this in other games too, such as Super Monkey ball, but its never been this bad and normally is just on the right. Anyone know whats causing this and how i can fix it? Thanks.

    swift on
    nexx360.png
  • Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    swift wrote: »
    So Trauma Center finally came out in the UK today and i picked as i enjoyed the DS version. After being pretty disappointed about what the Wii has had to offer me so far i have to say that this has given me an experience that closest matches the expectations that i had for the system when i first found out about the unique controls.

    However, i am having a problem with it:

    traumavd1.jpg

    As you can in the picture im getting black bars around the right, bottom and top. Ive noticed this in other games too, such as Super Monkey ball, but its never been this bad and normally is just on the right. Anyone know whats causing this and how i can fix it? Thanks.

    Seems like for Monkey ball you need to adjust the display settings in the Wii menu. But for Trauma Center doesn't display in widescreen anyway. So that should be normal, I believe.

    Also:
    FUCK PARASKEVI

    Cameron_Talley on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • swiftswift Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah but my Wii menu is aligned fine and so are other games like Red Steel. I would have thought if Trauma Center wasnt widescreen id get bars vertically down either side, not like this...

    swift on
    nexx360.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I get a problem like that with Xbox360 menu vs dead rising. I don't know what to tell you.

    PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • BTPBTP Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You should've seen me last night. I was so pissed.....SO PISSED... at X mission Pempti. I could not draw a Healing Touch for whatever reason. As much as I thought I was drawing a star, the game told me otherwise. And this is when the game decides to drop the vitals quicker than lightning. Even the times when I could draw the star and heal the guy up to 99 with nothing wrong but the core, I still couldn't beat it.

    And there was one try that I don't know what happened but somehow the vitals were being charged up instead of dropped. If anyone has any idea on how that happened, could you please tell me? Anyway, back to being so pissed at the game...... I finally just had enough after seemingly 30 tries that I went back to the Wii Menu, load up YouTube on the Internet Channel, and see how some guy did it and even XS it. No Healing Touch or Stabilizer too. It was in this video that I noticed my key problem, as I only needed to see the video once.
    It's about those "5 things" the core drops out in the Flying V, which seconds later fly to the top of the screen and then slowly drop down, leaving tons of things you need to laser/gel. I could only get two of them before they fly up. XS guy could hit three. There's a certain spot to the two on the left that you can laser them both at the same time, and then nail the middle one. That would leave you basically one trail of dots you need to laser/gel, but they're so close that it isn't a problem. It's when you have two trails of dots you need to laser/gel by not killing enough of the Flying V that I was stuck playing "Catch Up" but never actually could.

    When I went back to it, I tried to do it the same way XS guy did it.
    And I got an XS. :D
    I screamed out "FINALLY!" with my voice, but my heart screamed out. "FINALLY! FUCK YOU,, PEMPTI!"

    BTP on
    Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection & DS High Scores Thread
    I WILL NOT BE DOING 3DS FOR NWC THREAD. SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER.
    Spoiler contains Friend Codes. Won't you be my friend?
    My Friend Codes!

    More Friend Codes!
    Mario Kart Wii: 3136-6982-0286 Tetris Party: 2364 1569 4310
    Guitar Hero: Metallica: 1032 7229 7191
    TATSUNOKO VS CAPCOM: 1935-2070-9123

    Nintendo DS:
    Worms: Open Warfare 2: 1418-7870-1606 Space Bust-a-Move: 017398 403043
    Scribblenauts: 1290-7509-5558
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BTP wrote: »
    You should've seen me last night. I was so pissed.....SO PISSED... at X mission Pempti. I could not draw a Healing Touch for whatever reason. As much as I thought I was drawing a star, the game told me otherwise. And this is when the game decides to drop the vitals quicker than lightning. Even the times when I could draw the star and heal the guy up to 99 with nothing wrong but the core, I still couldn't beat it.

    And there was one try that I don't know what happened but somehow the vitals were being charged up instead of dropped. If anyone has any idea on how that happened, could you please tell me? Anyway, back to being so pissed at the game...... I finally just had enough after seemingly 30 tries that I went back to the Wii Menu, load up YouTube on the Internet Channel, and see how some guy did it and even XS it. No Healing Touch or Stabilizer too. It was in this video that I noticed my key problem, as I only needed to see the video once.
    It's about those "5 things" the core drops out in the Flying V, which seconds later fly to the top of the screen and then slowly drop down, leaving tons of things you need to laser/gel. I could only get two of them before they fly up. XS guy could hit three. There's a certain spot to the two on the left that you can laser them both at the same time, and then nail the middle one. That would leave you basically one trail of dots you need to laser/gel, but they're so close that it isn't a problem. It's when you have two trails of dots you need to laser/gel by not killing enough of the Flying V that I was stuck playing "Catch Up" but never actually could.

    When I went back to it, I tried to do it the same way XS guy did it.
    And I got an XS. :D
    I screamed out "FINALLY!" with my voice, but my heart screamed out. "FINALLY! FUCK YOU,, PEMPTI!"


    If I'm remembering right, you can eventually kill all the blue things before they drop tumors.

    Also, don't bother lasering the tumors. Just let 'em sit. When another wave of blue things goes out, they'll pop all the tumors the previous wave laid down, so you can just splatter gel everywhere.

    I don't know if I have an XS on Pempti, but I do know that I can consistently beat it without the Healing Touch or the green syringe.

    Triti, on the other hand, can go to hell. People always wanna tell me that it's easy once you know the pattern, but NO. NO IT IS NOT.

    Speed Racer on
  • Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I love Traume Centre, don't get me wrong. I played the hell out of it in the first few months I had the Wii and even managed to copmlete every mission at the top rank.

    But man! No game ever has caused me to swear so much. Even the DS version made me want to throw the damn thing against a wall.

    Still, it's soooooo satisfying when you get an XS on a difficult mission that you've spent a lot of time on.

    I also really suck at that second fit-the-puzzle-pieces-into-the-right-conformation mission.

    Atari Soul on
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nickle wrote: »
    Man, this game gets addictive. I spent a solid week and a half playing it non-stop until I S or XS'd everything. Some of the later missions and X missions get absolutely insane.

    What is this XS of which you speak?

    Rank XS is "Medical Prodigy" and can only be earned on hard (and the X missions, which have their own difficulty).

    What fucks me over on hard is when I consult an FAQ to learn what is required for all of the bonuses, and some operations require you to make mistakes (such as waiting for Deftera (I think that's the one) to create more polyps) to get a score high enough for an XS.

    Fucking Pempti is a bitch for me, because I can complete the operation rather flawlessly doing it my own way. But if I intentionally make mistakes then things tend to spiral out of control and I fail (or at least miss the time constraint bonus).

    Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Honestly it strikes me as poor design to force you to make mistakes in order to score an XS.

    As for the puzzle missions, the trick is just take your time doing them once or twice, and by then you should have it committed to memory long enough to slam out an XS on your next shot at it.

    Speed Racer on
  • Atari SoulAtari Soul Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My least favourite X-mission was Triti. I got it down so I could remove all of those evil triangles with three stages and no replications. Finished the operation in under 30 seconds.

    Rank X

    I repeated this a dozen times flawlessly to lower my time and still only got X.

    Then I found out I'm supposed to screw up and purposely make them multiply to boost my chain and score.

    Atari Soul on
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    When I do Triti, I just use Healing Touch, remove all the thorns then all the triangles, then sew the guy up before the HT ends.

    The game always gives me a C for using this strategy, but Triti's just not fucking worth it.

    Speed Racer on
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Honestly it strikes me as poor design to force you to make mistakes in order to score an XS.

    As for the puzzle missions, the trick is just take your time doing them once or twice, and by then you should have it committed to memory long enough to slam out an XS on your next shot at it.

    It's not so much as forcing you to make mistakes, but that there's a minimum score necessary to get the rank as well as getting all the bonuses. If you do everything perfectly as fast as you can, you won't have enough points to get the rank. You have to wait for more wounds and tumors to show up so that you can heal them (perfectly, of course) in order to get a high enough score.

    A similar problem happens in the operation where you follow Victor's orders. You have to follow a certain number of his orders to get the bonus, but one of his orders is to use stabilizer to bring the patient's vitals back to 70 at a certain point. If the patient's vitals are already over 70 there, you won't get that order and so you can't follow it.

    Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hmmm... I almost beat this, then I got sick of one level and quit. I'll have to go back to it. Incidentally, I pre-ordered Trauma Center: New Blood the other day. That should give me some migraines.

    Geod on
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rise from your grave! (Woah, Squashua got banned? What happened there?)

    So I'm finally playing this, and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out episode Z-1, the first one with the random woman doctor. You have to move an arm bone back into position... and the game just flat doesn't like anything I do. I keep moving it back to what I assume is in the right place, but the game keeps thumbing its nose at me till the patient croaks. What am I missing?

    cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • SponkSponk boglinus minimus Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Rise from your grave! (Woah, Squashua got banned? What happened there?)

    So I'm finally playing this, and I'm having a hell of a time figuring out episode Z-1, the first one with the random woman doctor. You have to move an arm bone back into position... and the game just flat doesn't like anything I do. I keep moving it back to what I assume is in the right place, but the game keeps thumbing its nose at me till the patient croaks. What am I missing?

    It's been a while since I played it, but I'm pretty sure you have to rotate the bone (by twisting the remote) to make sure it lines up correctly when placing it back in the arm.

    Sponk on
    LIVE ID: sponk81
    wii code: 8041-7562-5268-4264
Sign In or Register to comment.