As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

John Byrne [chat]

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    So just checking 40k stuff. Why didn't anyone tell me that Orks got new flying units. Non-forgeworld ones. I want so badly. My Ork army already has a shit ton of stormboyz. This would just add to it.

I need jet engines to put on my trucks. Hmmmm.....

/comforts Mazzy's wallet

there there, don't cry

I haven't bought anything since last July since grad school has eaten all my play time. I really want to finish my orks. My chaos are going into retirement until the new edition and new codex.

One of the Ork bombers if you roll snake eyes gets dragged with the missile into the target and explodes. You can have kamikaze orks!

Isn't that pretty much the premise of Orks in general? Half the time their shit doesn't work but it's hilarious anyway?

I've just seen summaries of the rules and bought some space marines once upon a time to paint but never finished.

I got a set of warhammer fantasy dryads too -- I wanted to make a set of space marines + black templar doo dads + dryad parts to make marines that came back out of the warp all chaos-ed up and evil just for the sake of modelling and painting them.

Aaaand they are all sitting in the closet gathering dust. I need to look into some sort of mini skirmish rules out there like Infinity. Maybe Mordheim/Necromunda are the answer? I dunno.

Oh I understand. Only way to really get into 40k is to have friends who play it. I had a pretty good group at my local game store who played 40k. I wouldn't mind going and playing a few games.

Necromunda is pretty cool from what I hear. I wanted to try Infinity at PAX last year but never got the chance.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    aciieeeeeeeeddddd

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Podly wrote: »

I want a high speed camera so bad.

The one they used for that video is around $30k though.

And it's mid/entry level gear.

Just use Twixtor like everyone else without $30k does

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwrY49QZhXA

lowest tech slow mo counterpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-blOubtxyAw

I'll take 3!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    So just checking 40k stuff. Why didn't anyone tell me that Orks got new flying units. Non-forgeworld ones. I want so badly. My Ork army already has a shit ton of stormboyz. This would just add to it.

I need jet engines to put on my trucks. Hmmmm.....

/comforts Mazzy's wallet

there there, don't cry

I haven't bought anything since last July since grad school has eaten all my play time. I really want to finish my orks. My chaos are going into retirement until the new edition and new codex.

One of the Ork bombers if you roll snake eyes gets dragged with the missile into the target and explodes. You can have kamikaze orks!

Isn't that pretty much the premise of Orks in general? Half the time their shit doesn't work but it's hilarious anyway?

I've just seen summaries of the rules and bought some space marines once upon a time to paint but never finished.

I got a set of warhammer fantasy dryads too -- I wanted to make a set of space marines + black templar doo dads + dryad parts to make marines that came back out of the warp all chaos-ed up and evil just for the sake of modelling and painting them.

Aaaand they are all sitting in the closet gathering dust. I need to look into some sort of mini skirmish rules out there like Infinity. Maybe Mordheim/Necromunda are the answer? I dunno.

Oh I understand. Only way to really get into 40k is to have friends who play it. I had a pretty good group at my local game store who played 40k. I wouldn't mind going and playing a few games.

Necromunda is pretty cool from what I hear. I wanted to try Infinity at PAX last year but never got the chance.

I played ... mordheim I think it was, once, with half-painted old 40k minis with a friend. It was fairly cool and then he moved away and that was about it.

But everyone I know is adamantly opposed and with good reason so yeah.

Also I have plenty of board game bits I could paint up but never do. Clearly I need to join some kind of neckbeard mini painting club or somesuch to knuckle down and ever actually not be lazy.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    That feeling when you have a certain PA strip in fresh memory, go look it up, and then realize it was published eight years ago.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    You could also have someone paint it for you. I hear children's fingers are particularly adroit

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Eddy wrote: »
    You could also have someone paint it for you. I hear children's fingers are particularly adroit

i... too have heard this

• Options
    edited June 2012
    I think we 'heard' it from each other

Eddy on
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Just move really slow like a Robert DeNiro in Awakening did.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    Actually getting myself to sit down and paint my minis is incredibly difficult

It always feels so rewarding once I get going, though

I actually just bought some armature wire and greenstuff so I can try my hand at sculpting custom dudes for RPGs

Getting excited to get back into it but I need a little kick in the pants

• Options

I actually just bought some armature wire and greenstuff so I can try my hand at sculpting custom dudes for RPGs

why is the idea of painting minis so alluring but then actually busting everything out and doing it so easy to avoid

• Options
    Cass read that as dick in the pants, came running.

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Cass read that as dick in the pants, came running.

:bz

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular

I know what you mean. I have a ton of High Elves and some Tau in my basement that need paintin'.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Too bad Warhammer stole the Orks from Mass Effect and Krogan.

• Options
    It is odd when indie games are like 30 dollah

C'mon now, you need to establish trust and brand recognition with the consumer base before placing a such a hefty premium on titles! Or cut back your dev costs or something

• Options
    I am going to become a Mini Painting Personal Trainer. I can see the market opening waiting to be capitalized upon.

All standing behind someone while he makes excuses:

"I KNOW YOU HAVE ANOTHER LAYER OF INKWASH IN YOU. LET ME SEE IT. GIVE ME ONE MORE CLOAK. C'MON! ONE MORE CLOAK!"

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Too bad Warhammer stole the Orks from Mass Effect and Krogan.

orks, in the way they are done in Warhammer, are like the only thing in their entire setting(s) they didn't directly steal.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    It would be hilarious if China Mieville were a stereotypical nerd's mini-painting personal trainer. It would be much akin to their notion of hell

Eddy on
  • Options
    I am going to become a Mini Painting Personal Trainer. I can see the market opening waiting to be capitalized upon.

All standing behind someone while he makes excuses:

"I KNOW YOU HAVE ANOTHER LAYER OF INKWASH IN YOU. LET ME SEE IT. GIVE ME ONE MORE CLOAK. C'MON! ONE MORE CLOAK!"

"WHY DO YOU WANT THIS SO BAD, BOY?! WHAT IS MAKING YOU MOVE THAT BRUSH?"

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    this is my favorite thing ever

http://www.galactic-cafe.com/kanye/#

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Kinda sucks that Warhammer stole the zerg from StarCraft

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Seriously though is Rachel McAdams just such a fan of Nicholas Sparks she keeps doing his movies or did he blackmail her?

Oh wait The Vow isn't a Sparks joint. It's just a complete facsimile of one.

• Options
    See this? See this boys and girls? This is what I live with, every day.
    photo10.jpg

• Options
    That's a big black dick you have there

• Options
    So I have been typing my paper and I was thinking this is almost 5k words but only about 13 pages. Then I realized it was being typed at 10 point font not 12. Ugh so it is 14 pages.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    So I have been typing my paper and I was thinking this is almost 5k words but only about 13 pages. Then I realized it was being typed at 10 point font not 12. Ugh so it is 14 pages.

That means then you are further along than you think. That's yay not ugh.

• Options
    That's a big black dick you have there

I can assure you sir, she is all lady.

• Options

That means then you are further along than you think. That's yay not ugh.

Means I should be done in a page which is good.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    So, the US Girl With the Dragon Tattoo does a good job of compressing the story to stop it getting stale and makes Lisbeth sort of relevant to events. A marked improvement on the book. I may watch the others. If they exist. I'm not sure.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    So this recruiter I spoke to about 8 years ago, just sent an email to inform me that they have a business relation with my company and it was fucked up of me to go behind. We had a contract blah blah blah. They're going to contact HR for their fee. "please sign and return this form"

Haha. Fuck you, recruiter filth.

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    LinkedIn snooping bitches.

• Options
    Deebaser wrote: »
    So this recruiter I spoke to about 8 years ago, just sent an email to inform me that they have a business relation with my company and it was fucked up of me to go behind. We had a contract blah blah blah. They're going to contact HR for their fee. "please sign and return this form"

dee

this post is hard to read

• Options

Military recruiter? 8 years later? Trying to get monies from you/your current employer? Wha? O_o

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I gather he changed jobs eight years ago and gave his details to some recruiters at the time (as one does). They failed him though and he found a job by himself, using bootstraps. The recruiter still wants to get paid for doing nothing.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »

dee

Hard to parse Chu.

Reading it is easy.

• Options
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I gather he changed jobs eight years ago and gave his details to some recruiters at the time (as one does). They failed him though and he found a job by himself, using bootstraps. The recruiter still wants to get paid for doing nothing.

Sounds like military thinking to me. Thanks for the clarification MJ!

• Options
    Organichu wrote: »

dee

Hard to parse Chu.

Reading it is easy.

no it is hard to read, my screen is caked with semen

• Options
    alright, time to go for a run

URGHHHHH

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sorry. I spoke to a headhunter in 2005. They didn't do shit for me. I got a job with my company in 2008. They stalked me on LinkedIn and apparently do some business with my company. Now they're trying to get paid for "placing me" at my current job

This discussion has been closed.