As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oops I broke my wrist and Weaver broke his everything.

HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration ThreadCentrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Social Entropy++
A little after noon today, I woke up to a thud in the house and my mom screaming in agony. There was no thought process really. I jumped out of bed, made a dash to where I heard her, and saw her on her side. At the same time my feet registered that the tile floor was wet from being mopped and before I knew it there I was on the ground beside her. She was quick to be in that "ugh, that sucked" mode, which I usually do after I slip too. But my wrist was hurting something bad, and it didn't take long to know it was just broken. It was bent up and wrong. Fuuuuuuuuuck did I panic for a moment because this sorta thing hasn't happened to me in a... well, ever.

The paramedics were swift, and tried to get me to use some malleable cast, but it involved holding a spun portion of it in my palm. That was NOT happening, so they had a pillow on standby. One of the guys was new, relatively speaking, so I was just his latest exam. It was cool though because he didn't do anything wrong. Though when they were setting up the IV in the back of the meditruck, I mentioned that I hate needles but knew I didn't have a choice. The guy says without missing a beat, "It's already in, and now the needle is gone, it's just a plastic tube now, don't worry!" I would've laughed but that was a little odd to hear.

Everything was perfectly clear to me at the hospital, and I tried to lighten my own mood about things over the hour. The only thing that was awful during my coherent state was the x-rays. They needed me to move my arm off my comfort pillow and move it in all the ways that hurt. I cursed and sobbed like a bitch, but kept apologizing to the technicians. It wasn't their fault or anything. Probably the humoring highlight was the drunk "patient" across the hall who kept wandering around and yelling at staff. He got quiet when the cops arrived.

The procedure to line my wrist up was going to involve me being gassed. And thank god because I kept thinking about Lethal Weapon when Mel Gibson dislocates his shoulder and relocates it, screaming his ass off the whole time. They didn't give me the sleep gas though. They gave me acid in gas form. My last rational memories are asking what blood pressure numbers mean, and making jokes with the doctor about the live-X-ray machine.

Then I tripped balls in a scary way.

To sum it up, I was in a coma, meeting angels and shit, and knowing the whole world met the same fate. But then I had a loose attachment to my body, and couldn't move it.But the room I was in was devoid of people, the building even. Mixed into this were UI panes from WoW opening and closing, and a game of Advance Wars DS I played the night before. There were flashes of me being asked questions by hospital staff, but real relevant ones, and I was apparently answering. But no, everyone was for sure dead in my tripped up Neon Genesis mind. After a while, all I could see, and I couldn't interact in any way, was the curtain-covered glass wall in front of me. Only like a kalidescope (?) and twisted to form an angel. Five straight minutes of that and wondering what eternty would be like remembering all that once was, and all that will never be.

Suddenly the trip broke when the lights flicked on. I was dizzy and cross-eyed and slurring. And I had to pee REAL badly. There was a female nurse in at the time, and she didn't sound too hyped up on helping a guy whip his dong out. I seriously couldn't get a grip on my pants, I'd get dizzy moving my head, and I was all cross-eyed seeing double and shit. The head male nurse assigned to me helped instead, and I kept apologizing for being pee-shy and a suddenly-old-man. When I first saw him earlier in the day he was complaining to an EMT about how his day was going to suck. At the time I wished for him to fuck himself. Then I ended up being his bad day.

After about a half-hour of trying yo give me time to untrip, I was taken to a cab in a wheelchair, and met the rudest, most unaware cab driver in my life. But we made it home and I crab-walked like a junkie inside, puked a little, and crashed a little.

I was writing this post up last night, one-handed, and the power went out. Thank Khoo for drafts.

Henroid on

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2012
    So you typed all of this one-handed? Dang

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    So you typed all of this one-handed? Dang

Like anyone here doesn't know how to type one-handed.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    It's true, many of us do post from cell phones

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It took forever. When the power went out I ended up calling ceres. She offered to write the post for me via dictation.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Well your pain led to an entertaining story you could post on the internet so I guess that's a good thing. For me. Uhh... feel better?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    It took forever. When the power went out I ended up calling ceres. She offered to write the post for me via dictation.

haha :(

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    oh no typing one handed must be awful

it is awful

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I did write posts on SE one night some years ago using my dong. Probably more impressive.

Henroid on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    so what happened to your mom?

• Options
    CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    Aaahh conscious sedation... thou art a heartless bitch. It sounds like they gave you either etomidate, versed or propofol (its milky white in color... we call it milk of amnesia).

Did the paramedics give you any pain medications? And it sounds like they tried to use a Sam Splint. They're not my favorite... we use vaccum splints now. The pillow is a classic wrist splint, though.

Glad they treated you well. :)

• Options

Masturbation. I believe he was making a masturbation joke.

Because we all masturbate a lot due to the inability of your stereotypical geek/nerd to get a date.

• Options
    gurusloth wrote: »
    so what happened to your mom?

She seemed fine yesterday, but today she's in agony. I'm still fighting her on going to the fucking doctor because she's worse off than I am. She was beligerant instead and wanted me to get my vicodin so she could have some.

• Options
    Cogliostro wrote: »
    Aaahh conscious sedation... thou art a heartless bitch. It sounds like they gave you either etomidate, versed or propofol (its milky white in color... we call it milk of amnesia).

Did the paramedics give you any pain medications? And it sounds like they tried to use a Sam Splint. They're not my favorite... we use vaccum splints now. The pillow is a classic wrist splint, though.

Yeah the PMDs gave me a small amount of... something. It actually helped a lot.

• Options
    :D dude.. tell her to go and get her own narcotics!

• Options

Masturbation. I believe he was making a masturbation joke.

Because we all masturbate a lot due to the inability of your stereotypical geek/nerd to get a date.

What's masturbation

• Options
    Well, you see nerd... when a man or woman love themselves very much they hug themselves in a special way.

• Options
    :D dude.. tell her to go and get her own narcotics!

That's what I fucking said!

I'm not dying from the pain in my wrist at all. I'll take a half-tablet tonight when I sleep because last night was barely happening. I only have ten total.

Most of my pain was coming from all the wrapping they had on me. Reading some documents they gave me, along with the contact info for my followup, turns out they want you to remove wrapping if your fingers / thumb are turned color / in extreme pain. Which they were, big time. All is better for them. I still have hard splints all from my elbow to palm.

• Options

Yeah the PMDs gave me a small amount of... something. It actually helped a lot.
    I'm guessing either morphine or fentanyl. We give Fentanyl and it is WONDERFUL.

• Options
    I want to jerk it so bad, goddamn it. I am in hell.

• Options
    Use the other hand?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Don't look at me.

Use your left hand. Pretend its someone else. :>

Cogliostro on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Dude, that sucks.

I am finally seeing a doctor today and will hopefully be recommended surgery for my persistent leg pain. He's got a good idea of what it is, hopefully the MRI I got will back that up and it's not like... My bones trying to kill me, or something.

• Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Use the other hand?
    how sordid

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Ouch, hope you recover right, Henroid.

Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    I entered this thread dead set to simply write "what a dumbass". That sucks though, my condolences.

You broke your hand yesterday dude.

• Options
    ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular
    what I've always said is, jerk it with your left

insurance

this post written left-hand only in a moving show of solidarity

thenews.jpg
  • Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Dude, that sucks.

I am finally seeing a doctor today and will hopefully be recommended surgery for my persistent leg pain. He's got a good idea of what it is, hopefully the MRI I got will back that up and it's not like... My bones trying to kill me, or something.

Curse you bones and your deception.

• Options
    Peter Ebel wrote: »
    Ouch, hope you recover right, Henroid.

You made me smile face, then your sig made me frowny face.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    i frequently masturbate while typing one-handed to chat with my date on Gchat.

HAH! take THAT with your nerd stereotypes!

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Dot dot dot

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    i figured this would be a weaver thread

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    my only regret is that I have bonitis!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Vic wrote: »
    I entered this thread dead set to simply write "what a dumbass". That sucks though, my condolences.

You guys have no idea how much of a horndog I am outside the forum.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Man I'm not going a day without jerking it, that's for certain.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    Vic wrote: »

You guys have no idea how much of a horndog I am outside the forum.

jerking it with your off hand feels a lot like The Stranger®.

i mean, er, so i am told.

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    This the jerking it thread now?

Let's all stop jerkin it in solidarity.

And see who can keep it up the longest.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Uriel wrote: »
    This the jerking it thread now?

Let's all stop jerkin it in solidarity.

And see who can keep it up the longest.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Time!

One hour, four minutes from "I broke my wrist" to "let's see how long we can stop jerking"

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I'm out

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    never stop jerking

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Okay.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such