The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Music like "I Want to be Like You" from The Jungle Book

mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
So, I was watching The Jungle Book the other night and I really dug the sound of the song that King Louis sings called "I Want to be Like You."

Anyone have suggestions for what artists to check out that might have a similar sound? It seems a bit jazzy?

sig3_zpsdb7d59bd.jpg
mightyspacepope on

• EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Well, King Louie was voiced by Louis Prima so his music might be a good place to start.

Esh on
    "At first he thought it might be a natural occurrence - maybe a rabbit. But upon closer inspection, it was clear a knife had been used. And rabbits don't carry knives."

Final Fantasy XIV:Lilja Sunblade
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Louis Prima and his (ex-)wife Keely Smith have a lot of classic big band/jazz standards. Their most famous is That Old Black Magic:

He also does a classic rendition of Just a Gigolo:

I actually like Keely Smith far more than I like Louis Prima, but they have some of the best Vegas big band songs ever. Just look up Louis Prima on YouTube for an extensive collection of his music.

EDIT: Other artists similar to Louis Prima include Cab Calloway, Dean Martin, and Louis Jordan.

Hahnsoo1 on
    Di87pOF.jpg
    PSN: Hahnsoo | MHGen: Hahnsoo, FC: 4141-2384-3379