Options

[Watch Dogs] GTA4 impregnates Deus Ex, while NVidia PhysX watches like a voyeur. +DRM

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Well, since Future Soldier thay have improved.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited October 2013
    PC specs are out. They are... bewildering.
    Minimum Specification
    GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 1 GB Video RAM
    CPU: Quad core
    RAM: 4GB

example 1
    GPU: NVidia GTX 460
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5770
    CPU: AMD Phenom X4 9750
    Recommended Specification
    GPU: DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM
    CPU: Eight core
    RAM: 8GB

example 1
    GPU: NVidia GTX 560 ti
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core
    "Ultra" Specification
    GPU: Latest DirectX 11 graphics card with 2 GB Video RAM or more
    CPU: Latest Eight core or more
    RAM: 8GB or more

example 1
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 670
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3930K

example 2
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970
    CPU: AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core

Assuming the visuals warrant these specs, Color me excited.

We've been languishing in the console up-port ghetto for far too long.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    The proper name for it is the console up-port slum.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Was that very first demo like 2 e3s ago live footage from the PC version, or a pre-rendered bullshot? Because the vids since then haven't looked anywhere near as good

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the pc port will doubtless be fine

the game itself has slid backwards from interesting into not very interested territory

ubisoft have been putting out games with varied but very shallow mechanics for a while now, and the story to this has absolutely zero up front interest, so ill be waiting for either rave reviews or the loving of a good woman

wait wat

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Have they even talked about the story? All the videos I've seen have just been that one night club they originally demoed, or free roam stuff

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    There are bad dudes who run the city with bad technology and messed with the protag's FAMILY so shit is gonna do DOWN.

So, kind of boring set up, but the modern vigilante angle added to the tech stuff is what really has me interested.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »
    Have they even talked about the story? All the videos I've seen have just been that one night club they originally demoed, or free roam stuff

Dark past, evil corporation runs city, DA FAMILY MAN etc

REVENGE WITH A VENGEANCE, only sans amazing feathered hair and buttrock (godbless raiden)

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Was that very first demo like 2 e3s ago live footage from the PC version, or a pre-rendered bullshot? Because the vids since then haven't looked anywhere near as good

That was the PC version, which reportedly looks the same now as then (ie, it wasn't spruced up for the show). Also to note: the legacy-gen versions (360, PS3, to an extent WiiU) are significantly worse looking than what we have seen so far, and feature not just pared down visuals, but an overhauled animation system, sound, and none of the connected experiences or multiplayer. So don't buy them. It will be crap.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I guess it depends on how much Ubisoft cares about the PC version.

Can't wait for a chugging, laggy locked at sub 30 fps version

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    I guess it depends on how much Ubisoft cares about the PC version.

Can't wait for a chugging, laggy locked at sub 30 fps version

I could see them possibly delaying it a month like they did with AC. I hope this actually ends up being a decent port.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    Ubisoft is big enough of a company to not have their resources stretched thin releasing the game on like...6 different machines

steam_sig.png

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    Get it on a console, none of that launch-day stress about drivers and crashes and framerates.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    The current gen console vids from e3 were....not pretty

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote: »
    Get it on a console, none of that launch-day stress about drivers and crashes and framerates.

Well she's gonna have to. You need Skynet to run it on PC. Have you seen the specs?

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    Saw a tweet earlier today that the specs aren't accurate and they'll be releasing the real specs soon. Which doesn't really make sense, considering they were originally posted on UPlay, but I guess we'll see.

I'll try to track down the tweet, it was in French.

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular

Basic translation using my high school french:

"Hello. These aren't the official specs. The true specs will come out soon and will be lower than these :) "

• Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    Oops, now I feel a bit silly for posting those specs without verifying their validity.

4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Of all things to put in the trailer for it at E3, human trafficking. I guess they were playing off the movie Taken. Still, kind of icky.

• Options
    LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    Those specs scream shitty port, so I'm glad they're not the final ones.

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
  • Options
    So a new set of "actual" Watch Dogs specs released today. http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/10/08/watch-dogs-system-requirements-announced-specify-64-bit-os-and-minimum-6-gb-of-ram/
    Minimum

Supported OS: Windows Vista SP2 64bit, Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8 64bit
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 2.66Ghz or AMD Phenom II X4 940 @ 3.0Ghz
    RAM: 6 GB
    Video Card: 1024 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 (see supported list)
    Sound Card: DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
    This product supports 64-bit operating systems ONLY
    Recommended

Processor: Core i7 3770 @ 3.5Ghz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0Ghz
    RAM: 8 GB
    Video Card: 2048 VRAM DirectX 11 with Shader Model 5.0 or higher (see supported list)
    Sound Card: Surround Sound 5.1 capable sound card
    Supported Video Cards at Time of Release:
    nVidia GeForce GTX460 or better, GT500, GT600, GT700 series;
    AMD Radeon HD5850 or better, HD6000, HD7000, R7 and R9 series
    Intel® Iris™ Pro HD 5200

Considering the minimum is now 6 gigs of RAM instead of 4, I think these new specs are actually a bit worse than what was already posted.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ...wow.

The PC crowd is going to come down hard on this game if it doesn't deliver with those requirements. At least it's not the level of stupid that CoD:G is showing.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    Lanrutcon wrote: »
    ...wow.

The PC crowd is going to come down hard on this game if it doesn't deliver with those requirements. At least it's not the level of stupid that CoD:G is showing.

What's Collar of Duty doing with its PC specs? All I saw today was a bunch of game journos in shock at the 50 GB requirement.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    ...wow.

What's Collar of Duty doing with its PC specs? All I saw today was a bunch of game journos in shock at the 50 GB requirement.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements
    Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
    RAM: 6 GB RAM
    HDD: 50 GB HD space
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
    Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    DirectX: 11
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended System Requirements

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

For a game that looks like something from last year. As a pretty hardcore PC gamer, I find this to be absolutely hilarious.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    It's times like these when I completely understand why boxed copies of PC games still exist. You pick up the game, redeem a Steam code in the box, and then I think you can install from the disc. Maybe download a few patches, and you're good to go.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'm genuinely curious if next gen games are going to have a sudden minimum req. jump because graphics are improving that much with the new hardware or if it's just them taking the excuse to make a shitty port.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    ...wow.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/call-of-duty-ghosts/system-requirements
    Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
    RAM: 6 GB RAM
    HDD: 50 GB HD space
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or better
    Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card
    DirectX: 11
    Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

Recommended System Requirements

Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780

For a game that looks like something from last year. As a pretty hardcore PC gamer, I find this to be absolutely hilarious.

That's an appropriate inadvertent emoticon.

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    I'm genuinely curious if next gen games are going to have a sudden minimum req. jump because graphics are improving that much with the new hardware or if it's just them taking the excuse to make a shitty port.

I bet it's both? But aren't the new consoles and PCs supposed to be fairly similar in architecture?

I just fucking built this machine that blows current gen games out of the water and now I'm just barely meeting recommended requirements.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Why the fuck would Call of Duty need 50 gigabytes

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options

But CoD:G does not look amazing. It looks worse than some pc fps games from this/last year. Those games were not 50g. Those games did not recommend a 780.

I'm all for increased requirements if the game is next gen...but CoD? Color me confused.

Capture.jpg~original
  • Options
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Why the fuck would Call of Duty need 50 gigabytes

Because hi-rez textures.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular

I bet it's both? But aren't the new consoles and PCs supposed to be fairly similar in architecture?

I just fucking built this machine that blows current gen games out of the water and now I'm just barely meeting recommended requirements.

Yeah the new generation of consoles are both very similar in architecture to PCs, which causes me to personally (and perhaps foolishly) hope that PC ports will become easier, cleaner, and more frequent.

• Options
    AMD's Mantle is a sign of that. PCs are already a step ahead and consoles need that extra performance boost.

I wonder what Nvidia will be up to.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    AMD's Mantle is a sign of that. PCs are already a step ahead and consoles need that extra performance boost.

I wonder what Nvidia will be up to.

Their upcoming cards have CPUs on them.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    Delayed to 2014.

Following is a statement directly from the Watch_Dogs development teams.

Our ambition from the start with Watch_Dogs has been to deliver something that embodies what we wanted to see in the next-generation of gaming. It is with this in mind that we’ve made the tough decision to delay the release until Spring 2014.

We know a lot of you are probably wondering ‘why now?’ We struggled with whether we would delay the game. But from the beginning, we have adopted the attitude that we will not compromise on quality. As we got closer to release, as all the pieces of the puzzle were falling into place in our last push before completion, it became clear to us that we needed to take the extra time to polish and fine tune every detail so we can deliver a truly memorable and exceptional experience.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you. We thoroughly enjoy and appreciate the way you respond on the web, at events, press conferences and during other opportunities we have to interact. Your passion is what drives us.

We can’t wait to see you in Chicago next Spring. We are confident you’ll love this game as much as we love working on it.

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    And just like that with just over a month until launch they delay it to 2014. Was very much looking forward to playing that one: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-10-15-watch-dogs-delayed-until-spring-2014

"Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Delaying a game this close to launch does not bode particularly well...

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Oh shit guys we're going to have to compete with Call of Duty/Battlefield pissing contest and we just realized how dumb that is.

8->

Okay, there's a ton of other reasons I'm sure but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

• Options
    Oh shit guys we're going to have to compete with Call of Duty/Battlefield pissing contest and we just realized how dumb that is.

8->

Okay, there's a ton of other reasons I'm sure but that was the first thing that popped into my head.

Either it's still super buggy, or they're not confident in their game.

LxX6eco.jpg
  • Options
    AllforceAllforce Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Delaying a game this close to launch does not bode particularly well...

Might be like that Rayman delay where the thing is done but just moving it to a less crowded space makes more sense financially.

Or it could be a buggy mess.