As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[beauty, fashion, skincare] Sephora Friends and Family sale POSSIBLY in October??

19596979899101»

• Options
    cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Sassori wrote: »
    Now I'm dying with curiosity

Oh alright! I'll ask now and in the next thread. Any women with iuds? I'm considering getting the mirena but I'm leery of side effects.

I also have a mirena which I like ok! If you get it put in frankly ask them to do a cervical block because fuck having it done without one, I've done it twice and it is not worth going through that if you can find a place that will give you a block. Otherwise eh I sometimes get a bit crampy if I do certain things in bed and my boyfriend insists he can still "sort of" feel the strings occasionally but I've only had it a month at this point. I had one for three or four years before I had it pulled because mild cramping and since it has no estrogen and I'm PCOS and testosteroney I was getting more migraines than I usually get on the pill (one every two or three months instead of two a year, maybe), but I liked it well enough to get another one once I got the chance to get it for free. But seriously... cervical blocks. I had cramping that was very uncomfortable for about 12 hours post insertion but it is the sounding that really, really, REALLY hurt me though only for like 5-10 seconds.

• Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Oooh yeah, insertion was a bitch during and for about an hour or two after, don't plan on going back to work or anywhere other than a couch with a heating pad and some ibuprofen

• Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    I had mirena for two months and it was horrendous.

everybody's body is different and all that, and I'm sure it works great for most women, but I had been on ortho lo since I was a teenager and I wasn't accustomed to the (comparatively) massive amount of hormones that mirena was going to pump into me

my symptoms included full-body rashes and cramping, but the worst thing was the mood shift. I turned into an absolutely crazy monster of a woman and I didn't even recognize myself anymore. nearly broke up with my boyfriend at the time for no reason.

once I realized it had all started around the same time as the mirena, I had it removed, and had a paragard (copper non-hormonal IUD) put in instead. it's been absolutely terrific, perfect, can't say enough nice things about it. my only side effect has been heavier periods every so often, but it's worth it not to be pumping my body full of hormones it can't handle!

kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular

Oh alright! I'll ask now and in the next thread. Any women with iuds? I'm considering getting the mirena but I'm leery of side effects.

Answering this before I catch up because it's on pg 101, so this may be a retread. I've been on a Mirena for almost three years now, and so far have had far fewer side effects than any other form of hormonal BC I've tried (pill, depo shot, and Implanon--which was terrible, btw.) My periods are lighter, too. Really, it's idiot-proof and I never even notice it, so it's been the ideal BC, for me at least.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    guys I'm going to get this jacket because hahahaha no I'm not

JDJYv.jpg

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »
    crwth wrote: »
    the answer is: only when it rains

is that the only time you're happy

it's the only time your mom is happy. when it's a golden rain

that's pretty gross dude and i'd really appreciate you not pissin on my mom

dude that's nasty, I was talking about that hotel in Vietnam

oh the one where housekeeping shits on you?

your mom deserves a better job
    yeah :(

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    It is pretty freaking ridiculous how differently each of us react to the same type of birth control.

The human body is fucking confusing.

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    Thanks ladies! This is very helpful.

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    cabsy wrote: »

...my boyfriend insists he can still "sort of" feel the strings occasionally but I've only had it a month at this point....

That will get better. Had mine in for.. 10 months now? Took a lil while for the strings to wrap up properly so they weren't poking him back

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I like my Beyaz just fine

This post was completely unhelpful

• Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    My own reactions have been little to no period and occasional cramps.
    So much better than taking a pill every day or having to remember to replace some ring thing
    Wonderful investment

• Options
    I don't think I can get over the idea of having something implanted in there o.o

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    Strange foreign brands!

• Options
    SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I just use the pill. I have an alarm set on my phone so that I don't forget.

I don't find it terribly inconvenient.

But I can totally see why someone would rather just have a shot or something implanted and just not have to worry about it for a while.

• Options
    I also set an alarm on my phone

How did we ever get by before smartphones

This discussion has been closed.