Options

[BF3] All Premiums has the Aftermaths - Crossbows and gunvans, ho!

• Options
    OakeyOakey UKRegistered User regular
    Reading that Aftermath stuff about fighting horizontally and vertically, will it be conquest style maps with buildings with detailed interiors like Close Quarters perhaps?

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Hey guys! Picked this game up a week ago and it's fun dicking around in public servers but I'd really like to play with some of you fine gentlemen. Would there be any chance that I could get an invite to the 103rd platoon? My id is abstrakt11. Thanks!

pyromaniac221 on
    psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »
    Reading that Aftermath stuff about fighting horizontally and vertically, will it be conquest style maps with buildings with detailed interiors like Close Quarters perhaps?

I can see it as a possibility. Using the dust of all the ruins as a means to not have to render as many objects in the environment. Smoke & mirrors!

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Hey guys! Picked this game up a week ago and it's fun dicking around in public servers but I'd really like to play with some of you fine gentlemen. Would there be any chance that I could get an invite to the 103rd platoon? My id is abstrakt11. Thanks!

Platoons are kinda pointless, just add people your battlelog and also join in on mumble.

People I know that are on frequently, besides me (Satsumomo):

Thatguy3141
    Angryweasel
    CabbageofDiscord
    Beorn_and_kin
    Kaliyama
    LGKAOS
    mKoga-Ultra
    mrdelish
    ProfessorPhobos
    Shogun-x86
    TheClap08
    TOGSolid

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Oakey wrote: »

I can see it as a possibility. Using the dust of all the ruins as a means to not have to render as many objects in the environment. Smoke & mirrors!

My guess is that maps are going to be a mix of Grand Bazaar and Oman. Kinda like Harvest Day.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    ErrorError Registered User regular
    Was playing tonight and I'm getting a little bit tired of EA connecting me to servers in Brazil when I hit quick connect. I mean if you want me to go to Brazil pay me and I'll go to Brazil.

• Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Platoons are kinda pointless, just add people your battlelog and also join in on mumble.

People I know that are on frequently, besides me (Satsumomo):

Thatguy3141
    Angryweasel
    CabbageofDiscord
    Beorn_and_kin
    Kaliyama
    LGKAOS
    mKoga-Ultra
    mrdelish
    ProfessorPhobos
    Shogun-x86
    TheClap08
    TOGSolid

I'm generally on as well, but I've been on a DayZ kick lately too. Just toss "AdoptThisShiashi" a request and next time I get to Battlelog I'll accept it.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    Error wrote: »
    Was playing tonight and I'm getting a little bit tired of EA connecting me to servers in Brazil when I hit quick connect. I mean if you want me to go to Brazil pay me and I'll go to Brazil.

Don't pick 'Quick Connect', problem solved. It's quick, not "Quick, pick a server I WANT to play on and connect."

• Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Woo! I made a list!

• Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    I gotta say, I've been very happy with the amount of play I get out of this game. Even with the purchase of Premium, I feel like there is so much that I can do with this game, even when I get burnt out. So worth the $ imo

I don't get a lot of time to sit down and play anymore, but this game is the one I keep coming back to - which is strange for me. Last BF games I think I only ranked up to around 30-35 before I felt like "meh" but this one seems to just constantly challenge me, even the stupid assignments with the same weapons ;) And all this, despite I am on a kiddie console. I can't even imagine how this would be like on a PC, with higher number of targets running around and bigger maps.

Anyhow, random post but just wanted to reiterate that even when this game drives me fucking bananas, I still come back to play it and I am so fucking jacked for AK.

My body is ready.

• Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    emp123 wrote: »
    Woo! I made a list!

And somehow, I didn't. Add me too (DietarySupplmnt).

• Options
    edited July 2012
    No, you two have been left out intentionally 'cause you'd rather shoot zombies survivors :'(

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    No, you two have been left out intentionally 'cause you'd rather shoot zombies survivors :'(

Well if it makes you feel better, I'm kinda over DayZ now and plan to come back to BF3 full-time.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    Aw yis! We shall welcome back with open arms. This weekend there were only 4 of us playing :(

I'm in the same boat as Lt. Fragg, I don't get much time to play games, I have a huge backlog but the game I end up playing all the time is this one.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    We need to all get back to the Dome, honestly.

• Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    Yeah, how about like, a 3 week reunion? I want to know who got fat, who had kids, and who got fat kids!

GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    I need to start playing again

I will once my SSD arrives

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Man you just reminded me I had a buddy over in the states, and I did not think about asking him to pickup an SSD for me. The Samsung 830 128GB is now at $140. :(

• Options
    HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    I bought Premium but I'm still waiting for Armored Kill. I'll join you sometime then.

• Options
    Man you just reminded me I had a buddy over in the states, and I did not think about asking him to pickup an SSD for me. The Samsung 830 128GB is now at $140. :(

That's the model I have, but I have the 256 GB one. It's totally crescent fresh.

• Options
    I could totally buy the 128GB here, for a low low price of $250 USD.

• Options
    Is that going rate on converting AmeriBucks (TM) to MexiBucks(TM)?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    Aw yis! We shall welcome back with open arms. This weekend there were only 4 of us playing :(

I'm in the same boat as Lt. Fragg, I don't get much time to play games, I have a huge backlog but the game I end up playing all the time is this one.

I was on but did anyone send me an invite? Nooooooooooo

• Options
    Calculated at $14 Mexibucks per $1 Ameribuck!

I really goofed up by not asking my friend to bring one over. :( Specially because Newegg had the 64GB at $75 for a while. I would have totally RAID-0'd that up.

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular

I really goofed up by not asking my friend to bring one over. :( Specially because Newegg had the 64GB at $75 for a while. I would have totally RAID-0'd that up.

but--but you lose TRIM support!

• Options

Uh Newegg has 120gb for 65-85$ (USD) right now.

• Options
    It's just that the 830 is one of the best out there right now, and is normally $90-$100 for the 64GB.

In BF3 related comments, I believe the P90 might be overpowered, because I god damn love that gun. I've found I'm a really good forward recon using the P90.

• Options
    It's just that the 830 is one of the best out there right now, and is normally $90-$100 for the 64GB.

In BF3 related comments, I believe the P90 might be overpowered, because I god damn love that gun. I've found I'm a really good forward recon using the P90.

Le Sigh
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820147163

830, 128gb for $100
    Use promo code: EMCYTZT1974
    Knocks $15 off.

• Options
    It doesn't matter because I can't order crap from Newegg anyways.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    If you don't have an SSD right now, I would recommend waiting until Black Friday this year. The price of SSDs has comes down by a good 50% over last year. Combine that with BF sales, you are probably going to be able to get an SSD for only around twice the price per GB of a mechanical. That is well worth it to me.

@Satsumomo, if you want I would be happy to order an SSD for you from an American website and ship it to you. I should be able to use the US Postal Service to send a flat rate DVD box for only around 15 to 20 USD.

• Options
    heckelsheckels Registered User regular
    My wife might be at her parents this weekend so i plan on playing saturday from 530pm central until whenever...

heckels_zps9443e2b3.png
  • Options
    That_Guy wrote: »
    If you don't have an SSD right now, I would recommend waiting until Black Friday this year. The price of SSDs has comes down by a good 50% over last year. Combine that with BF sales, you are probably going to be able to get an SSD for only around twice the price per GB of a mechanical. That is well worth it to me.

@Satsumomo, if you want I would be happy to order an SSD for you from an American website and ship it to you. I should be able to use the US Postal Service to send a flat rate DVD box for only around 15 to 20 USD.

Let's see if I can wait until November, but I'll take your offer on that shipping! We have to find a way to avoid customs tariffs too :P

• Options

It is easy to run out of ammo with it.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »
    I gotta say, I've been very happy with the amount of play I get out of this game. Even with the purchase of Premium, I feel like there is so much that I can do with this game, even when I get burnt out. So worth the $ imo

I don't get a lot of time to sit down and play anymore, but this game is the one I keep coming back to - which is strange for me. Last BF games I think I only ranked up to around 30-35 before I felt like "meh" but this one seems to just constantly challenge me, even the stupid assignments with the same weapons ;) And all this, despite I am on a kiddie console. I can't even imagine how this would be like on a PC, with higher number of targets running around and bigger maps.

Anyhow, random post but just wanted to reiterate that even when this game drives me fucking bananas, I still come back to play it and I am so fucking jacked for AK.

My body is ready.

The dome will be running AK 24/7 after it hits. You, me and all the 360 dudebros should keep that server flooded when that happens.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Lt. FraggLt. Fragg Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    Lt. Fragg wrote: »

My body is ready.

The dome will be running AK 24/7 after it hits. You, me and all the 360 dudebros should keep that server flooded when that happens.

Oh for sure - I will even promise not to be as drunk as I usually am when I play with you guys (seriously, I swear every time I am in a party with other PA's I am hammered.) Although driving a technical with 360 dudebros in the back after a couple pops could lend to some hilarity.

• Options

What? The thing holds 51 rounds, how can you?

• Options
    ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    im eating some subway but i totally got on battlelog and mumble

you should too

• Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    I will join! Lets play tonight, guys.

• Options
    edited July 2012

What? The thing holds 51 rounds, how can you?

My experience.

I didn't saw this before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4s4QswGS4

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    If you mean by running completely out of ammo then yes, it is imperative that you or someone in your squad run extra ammo.