As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 83 - In doldari's 8th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game83state73.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain one victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

Keeper of Secrets - A Keeper of Secrets counts as three Noble tokens.
    Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.

The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Pleasure Shield - 2 - Double the defense values of your figures in this region.
    Estalia : Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.
    Tilea : Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region. and Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.

Tzeentch rest.
    @LoserForHireX active.

doldari on
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Clan Rat to Tilea

3/8 PP

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    edited August 2012
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game83state74.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodletters - You gain one victory points each time you kill a figure in a region containing a Bloodletter.
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.

Rise to Glory - When calculating domination in a region, each noble token adds one to your domination value in that region.

The Council of Thirteen - Once per round during the summoning phase, you may play a Chaos card into a region whose card spaces are full. (Place this third Chaos card near the other card spaces in the region.)
    The Under Empire - You treat all regions with Skaven tokens as adjacent regions. When a region is ruined, you may immediately move any number of your figures from that region into one adjacent region.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Pleasure Shield - 2 - Double the defense values of your figures in this region.
    Estalia : Hate - 1 - When you play this card, move any number of figures in this region onto this card. Figures on this card cannot be moved out of this region.
    Tilea : Creeping Death - 1 - If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region. and Skitterleap - 0 - If you dominate this region, you may immediately move any number of your figures from this region to one adjacent region.

Tzeentch rest.
    @Aegis active.

doldari on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Hmmmm, I don't think I have any choice. Bloodletter to Norsca, 0/7 PP.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • peskypesky Registered User regular
    Plaguebearer into Norsca. 1/6PP

Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game83state75.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Khorne and Tzeentch rest.
    @Rius active.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Clan Rat to Tilea

2/6 PP

"We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Round 6-3. Summon Phases

game83state76.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Khorne and Tzeentch and Slaanesh rest.
    @pesky active.

edited August 2012
    Norsca; it's where all the cool kids are.

You know, if there's a wholesale slaughter of my figures (and an avoidance of all the others) and someone else wins (and realistically, Khorne, Tzeentch and the Rat can all clear 50 points this round) I'm going to be very sad. I wish I'd been able to crest 50 last round but it was not to be!

Rius on
    Leper from tilea to Kislev and rest 0/6PP

edited August 2012
    @LoserForHireX active.

doldari on
    By the by, I feel constrained to point out that the game is going to end this round no matter what happens, for various reasons!

Two more Clan Rats to Tilea

0/8

edited August 2012
    Round 6-4. Battle Phases

game83state77.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Battle Dice
    Norsca : 6 Dice, 1 Dice, 6 Dice, 3 Dice, 4 Dice
    Troll Country : 1 Dice, 1 Dice
    Estalia : 4 Dice, 2 Dice

doldari on
    edited August 2012

doldari on
    Might go without saying but can we roll Norsca in god order, please?

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    4 Hits, Kill me a pair of Slaanesh cultists.

+2 VP

Characters
    Whiff in Norsca.

Whiff in Norsca.

Whiff in TC

• susansusan Registered User regular
    *cracks neck*

Alright. I've got one shot and 6 dice to make a difference here. This is game time. Do or do not. Go for the glory. With your shield or on it. And we will strip our sleeves and show our scars. ARE YOU WITH ME?!?!?!?!!??

...1 Hit!...

...Balls... A Khorne Warrior.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
    Well, that's a hell of a thing. Alright; my turn.

Norsca! (3d6.hitsopen(4,6)=0) Straight 2's! Zero hits. I guess that simplifies the decision-making process for me, lol.

So, it seems like everyone else is going to let down the team, and cause baby Jesus to cry.

Not this rat...

7 HITS MOTHER FUCKERS!

So...3 of Slannesh's cultists. And a Bloodletter, because Khorne is a doody-head

Oh my god. Seven, but not eight. Praise Jebus. So 17 non-Slaanesh dice in the region rolled 12 hits, which thanks to the Rat's spree is higher than average, but still not enough. Unless I missed something.

Thanks to an individual who will remain nameless, it has been brought to my attention that it ain't over yet. Praise be to the dice gods, let his hand be true.

Rius wrote: »
    Oh my god. Seven, but not eight. Praise Jebus. So 17 non-Slaanesh dice in the region rolled 12 hits, which thanks to the Rat's spree is higher than average, but still not enough. Unless I missed something.

I was so bummed that I didn't get 8 hits off my 4 dice.

And a Bloodletter, because Khorne is a doody-head

It's okay, after that display I <3 you.

Characters
    So hey, Aegis; want to roll for Estalia? I'm on pins and needles here.

Oh yea I have dice there don't I.

2 Hits, kill 2 rat cultists. Praise be to me, the Rat doesn't dominate Estalia, phew.
    Rius wrote: »
    Thanks to an individual who will remain nameless, it has been brought to my attention that it ain't over yet. Praise be to the dice gods, let his hand be true.

I'm confused as to how it doesn't. You have a cultist in there still living that pushes you over the edge and even if it didn't, all of Tzeentch's cultists survived which are enough, on their own, to ruin the region.

Characters
    Praise the dice gods, you killed two cultists. Yay!

It's all very complicated; much more so than usual, heh. I'll let the dust settle.

edited August 2012
    Round 6-5. Corruption Phases

game83state79.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects

Domination Step
    Norsca : +7VP
    Kislev : +3VP
    Estalia : +5VP DAC
    Tilea : +2VP DAC, Move your figure by Skitterleap
    The Border Princes : +1VP

CorruptionStep
    Norsca : +5 DAC, +1, Ruined (@LoserForHireX move your figure to adjacent region by The Under Empire.)
    Kislev : +7 DAC, Ruined (@LoserForHireX move your figure to adjacent region by The Under Empire.)

Check for Ruination
    Norsca 4th : +5VP, +5VP, +5VP
    Kislev 5th : +5VP, +5VP (If move your figure from Tilea or Norsca)

Updated VP
    41 + 1 = 42VP
    28 + 3 + 5 = 36VP
    33 + 5 = 38VP
    47 + 7 + 5 = 59VP
    31 + 7 + 5 + 5 = 48VP

Things that need to happen:
    1. @Rius roll a dice in Troll Country.
    2. @LoserForHireX roll two dice in Estaila.
    3. @LoserForHireX move your figure from Tilea to adjacent region.

doldari on
    FUCKA YOU KHORNE! 3 HITS BITCH! RATS RULE, KHORNE DROOLS!

So I believe that kills the Bloodthirster, granting me domination of Estalia.

Okay, so I have a procedural question. Technically, don't regions check for ruination, and then ruin later? So if I skitterleap into Norsica, it then checks for ruination. Then I use my Under Empire to jump everything in Norsica to Kislev. Then I'm in on both ruinations, taking first with both of them. If that works, I'll do that.

If it doesn't, can I skitterleap 5 Clan Rats to Norsica and 1 to Kislev? Thereby taking first in Norsica, and second in Kislev?

If not, can I skitterleap everything from Tilea into Kislev, and then when Norsica ruins, I jump my Vermin Lord and Rat Ogre to Kislev to be in on both ruinations and take first in Kislev?

These are my 3 plans, which of these will work?

• blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    Ruinations are checked and ruiners' bonus points awarded during the corruption step of the corruption phase, which is also when Under Empire triggers. 1st and 2nd place scoring isn't determined until the end phase. So you can't take 1st in both regions, and Skitterleap can't send rats to multiple regions, so technically the only plan that works is the third.

Oh wow, Nurgle ruined Kislev.

I completely, 100% was not paying attention to Nurgle.

Characters
    edited August 2012

doldari on
    Your third plan is nuts. I never would have thought of that. Hot damn, your lucky dice!

Oh and my roll is pretty much irrelevant, so ill pass on it.

edited August 2012
    @LoserForHireX let me know your movement from Tilea by Skitterleap.

blahmcblah answer your question.

doldari on