As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where have you been to, SE++?

MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNARochester, MNRegistered User regular
edited June 2012 in Social Entropy++
I joined this forum in 2003. Since then I've graduated high school, got a bachelor's degree in Nursing, and just finished my master's in nurse anesthesia. I just finished my national certification exam a few hours ago and now am licensed as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist in the United States of America.

In that same time, I've been in a major car accident. I've dealt with (somewhat successfully) a severe drinking problem. I've joined AA while accruing over $100,000 in student loans.

I also used Help and Advice to buy an engagement for the good woman and Moe's Technology Tavern to build a new desktop.

I've seen a few threads about forumers who died. Forumers who had kids. Forumers who've had severe medical problems and leaned on this community for support.

So, SE++, I ask you - What's happened to you since you joined?

I am in the business of saving lives.
MegaMan001 on
«13456

Posts

  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
  • Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    hell

    aka hoboken

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Since joining in 2003 I, uh

    Got married, worked a succession of jobs, had a kid, did some more school

    Not a ton, really

  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    I dyed my hair
    twice

    MulysaSempronius on
    If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    I died
    twice

    That's kind of a really stupid thing to say today

    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i made my first account in 2003, had it deleted because i was a dumb teenager on drugs, then reregistered in 2005 or 6 or something

    i have accomplished literally nothing from ages 13-22

    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I joined in middle school, had my account delete, and became a shut in nerd by playing mmos with se people.

    I graduated high school, went to college, dropped out of college, moved back home, was depressed for awhile (which while they dont really know, the se++ wow, guild had a huge part of getting me out of). Enrolled back in school, made new friends and started a new job.

    Within the next year I will be living on my own again and will hopefully be graduating with a bachelors in nursing, I then plan on moving to the west coast and getting my masters.

    Through out that whole time I have had thee constants, my family, a very small group of amazing friends, and se++.

  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Whenever a forumer dies I always end up wondering what I'd be remembered for if I died suddenly

    Probably unfinished LPs

    Moriveth on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Since joining I failed my senior year in highschool (twice!), got my GED, mooched off my grandparents for a couple of years after that, later worked at a gas station and a fast food chicken place, and now I've been working as a security officer at a nuclear power plant for the past six years.

    Right before the end of my first senior year my brother passed away and this past December my grandmother that raised me like a son passed away. Also, I forget exactly when it was but around the end of last September or the beginning of October I got circumcised and that was a lot of fun (it was one of the worst things in the world to go through).

    A good thing that has happened is that I met my wife and we're happy and awesome!

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i made my first account in 2003, had it deleted because i was a dumb teenager on drugs, then reregistered in 2005 or 6 or something

    i have accomplished literally nothing from ages 13-22


    THIS IS HOW I ENDED UP WITH A LAME 'NUMBERS NAME' WHICH IS I THINK WHAT USAGI KEPT CALLING ME.

    ALSO COULD HAVE BEEN MULLY.

    Someone here told me my opinion was invalid because I had numbers in my name.

    I WAS ONLY 17 YEARS OLD DAMMIT!

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    the gutter of the bottom of the barrel of life's cruel joke

    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh I also got to meet cool dudes at pax east. Hopefully I'll get to go again soon

  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Whenever a forumer dies I always end up wondering what I'd be remembered for if I died suddenly

    Probably unfinished LPs

    flyingstove but also the LPs

    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I think if I hadn't registered Moriveth I would have used 'Gryphen74'

    Which

    Well, there's no part of that username that is good

  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I joined in middle school, had my account delete, and became a shut in nerd by playing mmos with se people.

    I graduated high school, went to college, dropped out of college, moved back home, was depressed for awhile (which while they dont really know, the se++ wow, guild had a huge part of getting me out of). Enrolled back in school, made new friends and started a new job.

    Within the next year I will be living on my own again and will hopefully be graduating with a bachelors in nursing, I then plan on moving to the west coast and getting my masters.

    Through out that whole time I have had thee constants, my family, a very small group of amazing friends, and se++.

    Bachelor's of Nursing? Welcome to the sisterhood! I spent 2 years in the MICU at Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN. Followed by nurse anesthesia school at Boston College.

    LET'S TALK NURSING!

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think if I hadn't registered Moriveth I would have used 'Gryphen74'

    Which

    Well, there's no part of that username that is good

    The Seventy Four isn't bad.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    I thought this was, like, literally

    Where have you gone

    Umm I got into photography, graduated college, moved to Florida, learned to drive and moved the fuck out, started dating the best guy ever. . . And I went to Alaska, that's pretty cool.

  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I think if I hadn't registered Moriveth I would have used 'Gryphen74'

    Which

    Well, there's no part of that username that is good

    The Seventy Four isn't bad.

    At least it wouldn't have been 69 or 420.

    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I guess I was 16 when I joined the forums to play video games with people.

    Still just doing that. Done nothing else except drop out of university.

    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    posting in a single subforum for sooo long is weird because you get this strange fly-by-night insight into the lives of other people over the course of ages

    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    i went to the bathroom a couple times

    thats about it

  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    flying stove was a good place

    i miss terrible one

  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    joined in 04? since then graduated highschool, started college, got a semester of summer school and a fall semester left to go before i graduate with a BA in psych (lol), traveled across texas partying and making bad decisions, went to the netherlands for a week

    met some cool folks off se++ and well that's pretty much it.

    a lot of my summers i spent recuperating from surgery and i had a lot of time to read the forums so that actually helped quite a bit

    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Since joining in 2006 (holy christ 6 years) I've:

    - Won the lottery
    - Learned I didn't actually win the lottery
    - Graduated high school
    - Went to college for animation
    - Got my bachelor's in computer animation
    - Went to PAX '11
    - Got a job on the other side of the country to work on a AAA video game
    - Cut all ties with my mother because seriously fuck that crazy, crazy woman.

    Holy crap that's quite a bit.

    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i've done a truckload of drugs
    D:

    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    flying stove was a good place

    i miss terrible one

    Yeah, it was fun while it lasted

    Fuck moderating it though

  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    ummm ten years is a lot of shit to summarize but here's one (lazy) attempt

    joined the navy
    -went to Mississippi
    -went to Iraq

    got the fuck out of the navy, moved home

    spent three years goofing off with Whippy

    was in a wedding, hooked up with a bridesmaid

    moved back in with parents (again!)

    started college, then got into the UW

    one year left before I've got a bachelor's in creative writing

  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Let's see, since... January of 2004 (jeez, that's younger than I remember), I graduated high school, went to OSU, formed a two-man acoustic novelty rock band, graduated with a degree in English (comics, specifically), played a bunch of D&D, slummed around jobless for a while, worked for a pyramid scheme, moved back with my parents, got a job with a home shopping network, met a nice lady, married said nice lady, moved to Philadelphia, got promoted, played some more D&D, and recently my roof collapsed

    Now I'm watching Monk. He's so wacky.

    Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i made my first account in 2003, had it deleted because i was a dumb teenager on drugs, then reregistered in 2005 or 6 or something

    i have accomplished literally nothing from ages 13-22


    THIS IS HOW I ENDED UP WITH A LAME 'NUMBERS NAME' WHICH IS I THINK WHAT USAGI KEPT CALLING ME.

    ALSO COULD HAVE BEEN MULLY.

    Someone here told me my opinion was invalid because I had numbers in my name.

    I WAS ONLY 17 YEARS OLD DAMMIT!

    Oh jeez, it's totally possible that I have called you that, I'm sorry

    But I now associate you with good advice in H&A and the bitchin' hat I made you, so I hope all is ok?

  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    joined in 04? since then graduated highschool, started college, got a semester of summer school and a fall semester left to go before i graduate with a BA in psych (lol), traveled across texas partying and making bad decisions, went to the netherlands for a week

    met some cool folks off se++ and well that's pretty much it.

    a lot of my summers i spent recuperating from surgery and i had a lot of time to read the forums so that actually helped quite a bit

    I'm glad you put in the lol before I did with your psych degree.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I joined in middle school, had my account delete, and became a shut in nerd by playing mmos with se people.

    I graduated high school, went to college, dropped out of college, moved back home, was depressed for awhile (which while they dont really know, the se++ wow, guild had a huge part of getting me out of). Enrolled back in school, made new friends and started a new job.

    Within the next year I will be living on my own again and will hopefully be graduating with a bachelors in nursing, I then plan on moving to the west coast and getting my masters.

    Through out that whole time I have had thee constants, my family, a very small group of amazing friends, and se++.

    Bachelor's of Nursing? Welcome to the sisterhood! I spent 2 years in the MICU at Mayo Clinic, Rochester MN. Followed by nurse anesthesia school at Boston College.

    LET'S TALK NURSING!

    I'm 25 and should be done already but due to bad decisions and feet dragging, I'm set to start clinicals in january. I dont know if you recall but you have me some good advice back when I was getting my cna

  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i made my first account in 2003, had it deleted because i was a dumb teenager on drugs, then reregistered in 2005 or 6 or something

    i have accomplished literally nothing from ages 13-22


    THIS IS HOW I ENDED UP WITH A LAME 'NUMBERS NAME' WHICH IS I THINK WHAT USAGI KEPT CALLING ME.

    ALSO COULD HAVE BEEN MULLY.

    Someone here told me my opinion was invalid because I had numbers in my name.

    I WAS ONLY 17 YEARS OLD DAMMIT!

    Oh jeez, it's totally possible that I have called you that, I'm sorry

    But I now associate you with good advice in H&A and the bitchin' hat I made you, so I hope all is ok?

    This is acceptable. I wear your hat pretty frequently. I also wore it to PAX EAST which is how I also met like minded cool dudes.

    A random skinny white guy said "holy shit, did usagi make that"

    TURNED OUT HE WAS A LURKER NAMED HENRY!

    HE'S A COOL GUY!

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    Joined in '07 (5 years, but I still feel like a baby here)

    graduated high school, 1 year left of college

    Only exotic place I've been to is Israel

    That's about it. Once I'm done with school, I'd like to move out of my hometown/area.

    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Whenever a forumer dies I always end up wondering what I'd be remembered for if I died suddenly

    Probably unfinished LPs

    I'd remember you for sending me MST3k when I was in Iraq

    it made me feel a lot better for a few weeks

  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Oh god. I've been posting here for roughly 9 years. Thats...thats a lot of my awful bullshit, terrible spelling, abd horrendous grammer to subject you all to

  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i made my first account in 2003, had it deleted because i was a dumb teenager on drugs, then reregistered in 2005 or 6 or something

    i have accomplished literally nothing from ages 13-22

    fandy what was the name of your first account

  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I apparently joined in '05 (god I lurked a long time before that, probably since 02-03?). Since then I've graduated from college with a degree in chemical engineering, worked for a small biodiesel company in a tiny-ass town in Arkansas for like 3 months, sat on my ass unemployed for 6 months playing video games and generally being miserable, ended up with a great job in Houston working for an engineering contractor where I've been ever since, and basically been a boring workaholic since then (god I need to fix this). Recently I've been fortunate enough to hang out with forumers in Seattle, Boston, Austin, and Orlando. All of those trips have been amazing and basically the highlights of the last couple years. Thanks you guys, seriously.

  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Marth wrote: »
    Joined in '07 (5 years, but I still feel like a baby here)

    graduated high school, 1 year left of college

    Only exotic place I've been to is Israel

    That's about it. Once I'm done with school, I'd like to move out of my hometown/area.

    For the record, I think you're a solid guy. You make me laugh with your NFL Texan posts during the football season.

    I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Shorty wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    i made my first account in 2003, had it deleted because i was a dumb teenager on drugs, then reregistered in 2005 or 6 or something

    i have accomplished literally nothing from ages 13-22

    fandy what was the name of your first account

    also fandyien, i just didn't post as much as i could have because i remember everyone intimidating me. i dunno but i first tried to register here when i was 12 and was all : ( about not being old enough

    so then i had to wait a year

    maybe i registered in 2004, who knows

    Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
Sign In or Register to comment.