As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Which version is considered the best?

Least100SeraphsLeast100Seraphs Registered User new member
edited June 2012 in Penny Arcade Games
Hey all,

I've seen some screens of Ep 3 and I love what I see, and I've been meaning to get into this series ever since I saw a roommate playing Ep 1 on his 360 many a year ago.

I've done a search through the boards (as well as the internet in general...) and was unable to find some info on Eps 1 and 2.
I have a competent PC, a 360 and a PS3. Is there a "best" version? The Steam version is considerably cheaper than the 360 version, for example, but I'm more than happy to pay more if its considered the best.
I suppose another factor is whether or not data transfers - can I bring an Ep1 save forward into Ep2, etc.

Anyway, if anyone can chime in with some advice, I'd be very grateful.

Least100Seraphs on

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    They're all pretty good, there are no big issues with any version that I'm aware of. Saves carry from episode 1 into 2 but not into the forthcoming episode 3

• Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    I don't think there's any significant differences between platforms, the only reason the 360 version costs more is because xbox games are more expensive than PC games in general. If you have steam I'd just buy it from there.

• Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    As far as Rain-Slick 3 goes, the two versions are basically the same. The only real difference I can think of is that the 360 version has a tiny (1-3 seconds) bit of load times when you're starting or loading a game and the PC version probably doesn't (unless your computer is truly pathetic).

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    Episodes 1/2 will likely be $2 each or less during the upcoming steam summer sale.
    and yes, episode 2 does import your ep 1 save