As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Friday, February 10, 2012 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 3, Ep. 13: The Way Forward

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
image[PATV] Friday, February 10, 2012 - Penny Arcade: The Series Season 3, Ep. 13: The Way Forward

Tastefully straddling the line between documentary and guilty-pleasure voyeurism, Penny Arcade: The Series collects the bizarre continuum of one of the world's strangest companies. In this episode, our heroes create the strip "<a href="http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2012/01/11&quot; target="_blank">The Way Forward</a>."

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    jamesthedmjamesthedm Illustrator New YorkRegistered User new member
    That made me smile. "You can't please all the people all the time". Like pinching off a stubborn turd lol.

• Options
    WolvenSpectreWolvenSpectre Saskatchewan, CanadaRegistered User regular
    As one of the guys sticking to 2cd ed let me tell you why most of us who play together are. We played (and paid( for 3 and 3.5 and while we found it interesting, we also found it badly broken and balanced. From what I have read it was apparently badly play tested compared to other versions. Also the poor design of feats and skills were good ideas badly done for a replacement for proficiencies (which isn't perfect but at least is straight forward) cramped the excellent idea of the whole D20 system.

Add to that the rebuying of 3.5 then shortly 4 came out with the closest thing to DLC you can get, making the game more like the crippled versions of pen and paper RPGs that show up on PCs and consoles but wanted you to pay subs like an MMO. Then it got even worse with the announcements of 5. Then to top it off they keep changing game world lore not to add things, like sorcerers, to just to change the lore. How many times as an experienced long time player have you stopped and realized that you have been playing with a rule or technique from a different edition after looking through the one you have been playing with.

The TL;DR is that in many of our opinions we would love them to update second edition, but as far as we can see no one has made a true D&D sequel that isn't broken or a pale impersonation of a pen and paper game.

• Options
    00Nein00Nein Registered User new member
    "You can please all of the people some of the time, or some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time." It's gold. I'm happy if I can please one or two people, on rare occasions.

• Options
    SchorlSchorl Registered User new member
    edited April 2013
    I think that the system that Gabe is trying to describe here (one that doesn't require a DM and is really flexible) has already been created in the form of the Mythic RP system and their associated "Game Master Emulator"

Schorl on
  • Options
    dave88dave88 Registered User new member
    this stuff just too funny lol

• Options
    centralbusinesscentralbusiness Registered User new member
    LOL , it was really hilarious . Somewhat made my day :)