As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Episode 3 of Penny Arcade Adventures out on XBLIG today! Also on Steam!

TubeTube Registered User admin
edited June 2012 in Games and Technology
HOOLIGANS. CHARLATANS. VISIGOTHS. PAY YOUR ATTENTION TO ME NOW OR BE DESTROYED.

Our homegrown indie gaming titans Zeboyd Games have just released the third episode of the outstandingly gangster Penny Arcade Adventures: On The Rain Slick Precipice Of Darkness series. IT'S ON STEAM! GO AND LOOK AT IT! SUFFUSE IT IN THE GOLDEN LIGHT OF YOUR GAZE! LOOK AT IT!

ARE YOU LOOKING?!

LOOK MORE!

NOW WAIT!

WAIT MORE!

A LITTLE MORE!

NEARLY THERE!

NOW. NOW YOU MAY PURCHASE IT

PURCHASE IT WITH ALL YOUR COIN.

OR if you're some kind of poordilocks with no money you could enter Tube's Ultimate Episode 3 Giveaway Of Which The Bards Shall Sing At The End Of Time. Yeah, that could work. To win one of the ten codes on offer, email an amusing poem to patrickg@ext.penny-arcade.com by Wednesday. It can be about anything you want, suggested topics being

My magnificence
The less but still efulgent magnificence of Zeboyd Games
A tale of a vicious cage fight between your favourite Penny Arcade staff members
Fluffy Pandas

and the most brilliant ones will receive a code. Rhyme optional, extra points for brevity and haikus.

Tube on

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Ooh, neat!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    You don't even need all your coin. It's a whopping 5 dollars of mirth and joy. Take this into your home and care for it! The rewards shall be great.

Seriously, it's good.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Five dollars AND you get their two previous ventures (which are both enjoyable) for free, and if you already have them, you can gift them to other folks, spreading the old school RPG love around.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    It's so cheap, I gifted three copies to people I barely know. It's cheaper than lunch for most of us. You should give Zeboyd your 5 bucks.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    COMPETITION OVER. PRIZES DISTRIBUTED. TEARS OF THE FALLEN HARVESTED FOR MY GLORY.

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    It's Tuesday for me? But it's a shame that this might go to waste, so I'll just post it anyway for your optional edification/harvest.
    Let legend speak
    Let stepdad share
    Of that one time
    Tube banned a bear

The moon shone bright
    on dark, corse fur
    As grizzly trolled
    a forum-er

Claws so sharp
    A menacing stare
    (This isn't working)
    You had to be there

The crime was henious
    and goosey too
    The beast extolled
    Hitman II

Such obv. trolling
    by fearsome mammal
    demanded that
    Tube ban it's handle

Mod sauntered forth
    Ban hammer high
    "Draw a horse!"
    His battle cry

The ursine froze
    it's mirth fleering
    It knew of horses
    naught but eating

Quoth the bear
    of an excursion
    Perhaps escape
    lay by deversion

"Oh father figure
    of Lewie P,
    find a deal
    on Blood Money?

Tube's smile grew
    The bear's abaited
    The answer came
    "We're not related."

Infraction dealt
    HORSE DRAW IS FAIL
    Forget the zoo
    The bear's in jail

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Do we get to see the winners' fine prose?

• Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Since you asked - my sweet haiku won one.
    :(, a haiku

Red pandas are cute
    Their zoo habitat - outside
    But they're nocturnal!

And then I realized I had money in my Steam wallet for the upcoming sale and felt bad for not supporting the Zeboyd guys. So if you don't have the sawbuck to spare feel free to enter this steamgifts drawing (it should include Breath of Death VII and Cthulhu Saves the World as well).

signature.png

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    Damn, I plan on buying it (on Xbox, steam, and iOS) but wanted to enter. Thought I had more time.

Do we get to see the winners entries? Love that slash and rainbow are moving up in the world. Gamers for us, by us. Most enjoyable rpg's I've played in years. Id love it if somehow they became a big studio. They get it.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    My haiku about the subject of Zeboyd's last game also won a copy of RSPD3. Now that I'm playing it, though, I might just go ahead and buy a copy for the other two games I haven't played yet.
    Cthulhu, with Lime

There once was a creature who smote
    The town of Innsmouth with its throat
    It sang with great mirth
    The song that ended the Earth
    But got smashed in the head with a boat

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Just to clarify,
    What you've got there's a limerick.
    Haikus look like this.

• Options
    One too many syllables.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Lim'rick.

(Alternatively the second line could read "What you've got's a limerick" but I hold to my pronunciation of "limerick" as two syllables.)

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Lim'rick.

(Alternatively the second line could read "What you've got's a limerick" but I hold to my pronunciation of "limerick" as two syllables.)

Then you're wrong and smell like poop and I hate you.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    It downloaded onto my Xbox, then a storm knocked the power out :(

Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Whoops, you're right, guys. That's a lim-rick I got there. I should have known better, because I am from Nantucket after all.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Nantucket's where cooljammer's from
    So with limericks he ought not to be dumb.
    But when naming his limerick,
    He went with "haiku." (sic)
    That's no reason at all to be glum.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    SolVanderlynSolVanderlyn Registered User regular
    The music in this game is amazing.

• Options
    Dumpster_MouthDumpster_Mouth Registered User regular
    Um... I know this is like 3 months late, but I really enjoyed this game. Worth every penny! Get it, guys? Penny Arcade... penny? ahem...

• Options
    BurnsBurns Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So while I was happy to support PA by buying RSPD when it was released, I was kinda expecting it to be released on Mac (via Steamplay) because of Tycho's post here. While I purchased it again from the Mac app store, I am a little less enthused about having to buy two copies so I can play on my gaming PC and my Mac laptop (when traveling). I guess there was a miscommunication between PA and Zeboyd?

So fuck me, there's a post about it on Zeboyd's website:
    The Mac version of the game is not on Steam yet but we’re working with Valve to get it up ASAP. Not sure if it will come out today (they’re really busy over there at the moment what with all the new games coming out this time of year). I’ll let you know when it goes up.

Burns on
    I only posted here for the blue dot.
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Man, just got the Android version for my S3, sad to say it's very crashy and slow at this point. Crashy as in answering a phone call, getting a text, or even the standard 30-second-screen-timeout will cause the game to quit. Most droid games would override the timeout thing, but apparently this port still needs work. As for slowness, I'd say it's running at 2/3rds to half speed of the PC version. Bought in faith that some revenue through this channel as well as feedback will prompt a fix...

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    JediWolfeJediWolfe Registered User new member
    edited November 2012
    I just got this for Xbox a few days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. At least, I am up to one specific point.

Very, very slight spoilers ahead.

The game has no problem up to the start of chapter three. I have no problem leaving the museum and the characters have their two instances of dialogue, once after leaving the museum and another just before reaching the house. The crash occurs during the dialogue when I try to enter the house and always happens after the same piece of dialogue.

The specific piece of Dialogue is the 7th one when trying to enter the house. Where Tycho says "I try not to leverage the more arcane terms of art, but this house is magicked out the wazoo. Wait a second." The game crashes when I press A to go to the next dialogue card.

The Error message I get is Code 4.

I have restarted the game and played to that point multiple times. I have deleted and redownloaded the game and update. I've cleared the cache. I have mixed and matched these three in as many variations as possible. Nothing seems to help. The only thing I haven't done is reformat my entire hard drive and start EVERYTHING from scratch, which I somehow doubt would do much good.

This is the first time I have had this problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this is relevant to the problem but I also noticed that I suddenly have access to the colosseum at the start of chapter three, even though I don't get the animation of the path to it being unlocked like I have for every other location in the game.

JediWolfe on
  • Options
    ZenfarZenfar Registered User regular
    So excited that you guys released this on XBLIG should bring a lot of attention to that section of the XBox world.