Options

Stupid simple Java question

MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
In order to get Minecraft to run optimally, I need to have Java running at 64 bits not 32. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change / install this. When I install Java, there's never an option, and I can't find anything in the settings.

Help.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
MetroidZoid on

• Options
    EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    edited June 2012
    This right here is the manual download page for Java, where it shows ALL available versions. You should be able to see the 64-bit version right there. It will be installed alongside the 32-bit version (which is good, since you're probably using a 32-bit browser and that will use the 32-bit version you already have). I dunno how the site works when you have scripts allowed on it (I love Noscript) but when you don't have them allowed, it points you toward the manual download page instead of the default download page since you're not using Javascript. I'm guessing the default site behavior is to just download the version for whatever browser you're using (so it'll point you toward the 32-bit version unless you're using IE 64 or a beta version of other browsers or something).

Essee on