As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Intrade Legality WA state

JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
edited July 2012 in Help / Advice Forum
Online gambling is enormously illegal here in the beautiful state of Washington. Does this include a prediction market such as Intrade? I've read some of the RCWs but am still having a difficult time determining if it includes this niche market.

JRosey on

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    IANAL, but you are probably fine. Besides the fact that intrade seems to skirt the gray area pretty well, I don't think anyone has ever got arrested for gambling online in the US. Companies that run the websites do, but the only bad thing to happen to US gamblers is the DoJ cracking down on the poker sites and their funds getting frozen, and Intrade is really popular with the DC types, so I don't think anyone is going to crack down on them.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    If you can find a way to fund your account, you should be fine. I wouldn't commit a huge amount of money to it at a time - lots of poker players I knew lost money when poker sites were clamped down on.