As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DND] General Recruiting Thread

Dinosaurus TexDinosaurus Tex Dr.Jurassic ParkRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Critical Failures
Hello everyone, Tex here, long time lurker - first time poster.

I didn't see anyone actively recruiting for any PbP's recently, and I wondered if it was because people thought there weren't enough players to go around? So this is a rallying call for some good old fashioned Dungeons and Dragons roleplaying by post. I'm no Dungeon Master - these stubby T-Rex hands make map drawing a real pain - but I am a enthusiastic player. And I am sure that there are a few more enthusiastic players out there that are looking to get their swords bloody with the bloody blood of blood god cultists.

I'm in. Whatever you want to run, Pathfinder, DnD 4e, Eberron, Dark Sun, I don't care... does it have dragons? also dungeons? Then I will be there with bells on, posting daily and rolling those virtual dice. Anyone else there feel the same way? Let's rally up some players and try to lure us in one of those elusive DMs.

#Swordintheair
Dinosaurus Tex on

• Options
    Totes AwesomeTotes Awesome Registered User new member
    edited July 2012
    Count me in, comrade. I'm an experienced player, but my lifestyle leaves me too busy to run a campaign. I am willing to follow a DM into the gates of Hell (if we are so lucky).

I love hack'n'slash, by the by. Also, long walks on the beach. So long as we get to kill DIRE CRABS. ...that sounded better before I wrote it out.

Totes Awesome on
    Totes Awesome out.
  • Options
    wildwoodwildwood Registered User regular
    I've actually been putting together a "western marches" setting that I'm considering trying in PbP - the game design would be more player-driven, and less of a long-term commitment, letting people step in and out as their schedule allows.

It would probably be either 4e or the new version of Dungeon World, depending on which I like better.

The thing is, I've never DM'ed before, so I'm nervous about getting it right, and about not over-committing to anything. So maybe I just need to set up a simple test run and start fleshing it out with some players? How many do you think are really out there?

• Options
    l3lasphemer69l3lasphemer69 Registered User regular
    I am interested in some PBP DND as well. I am fairly new to the PBP format so I would prefer to be a player. Any setting is good for me, 3.5 - 4.0 doesn't matter.

• Options
    FatherVenomFatherVenom Registered User regular
    I'm also interested in playing in a PbP. I'm really only looking for a 4e game though.

Potential GMs: feel free to DM me. I'm on my mobile all day M-Th.

• Options
    KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    I'd totally be down to play in a PBP game, even if it was just to help test something out. I've never DM'd in a PBP setting before and I'd prefer not to right away, as I just came off a long stint DMing IRL and would like to actually get to play. :P

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna