As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Star Wars [Mini] Series: [Phalla] Hunters - Village and Various Victory!

1222324252628»

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    All you needed was an "Under Table" and you would have been ok. I was also really hoping you would have had a legitimate reason to use the "Sweet Talker" power.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    All you needed was an "Under Table" and you would have been ok. I was also really hoping you would have had a legitimate reason to use the "Sweet Talker" power.

I through it in there once, I think, when it looked like I may be getting some votes.

Where did I need the Under Table?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I'm not sure I've ever posted the word "table" besides in this phalla. It was probably more challenging than it had any right to be.

Smuggler powers were the best. :)

Except that I still died! Blegh. "I needed a name to post." you killed me, right? Where?

Pretty sure it was this one right here Kime: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23647402#Comment_23647402

• Options
    I'm not sure I've ever posted the word "table" besides in this phalla. It was probably more challenging than it had any right to be.

Except that I still died! Blegh. "I needed a name to post." you killed me, right? Where?

Pretty sure it was this one right here Kime: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/23647402#Comment_23647402

Ahh. Darn it, missed that. Ah well. Rad will never live again :(

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    yep, that was it.

and kime had posted a ton on that page, I kept scanning and re-scanning his posts because I was sure I was missing a shoot first somewhere in there.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Completely immune to the force ex-sith sounds like a recipe for a badass jedi-hunter

• Options
    Completely immune to the force ex-sith sounds like a recipe for a badass jedi-hunter

Or a Sith Hunter. ;)

Or both.

• Options
    yep, that was it.

and kime had posted a ton on that page, I kept scanning and re-scanning his posts because I was sure I was missing a shoot first somewhere in there.

I'm so sorry for disappointing you, Obi!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

Or a Sith Hunter. ;)

Or both.

I want a knife and a Lascannon and snarky one liners. ALL WILL FALL BEFORE ME

• Options

Or a Sith Hunter. ;)

Or both.

Lascannon?! This is not the grimdark future world of grimdarkness.

• Options

Or a Sith Hunter. ;)

Or both.

Let's not get too greedy TRV. Maybe you could join up with the SALP/Huggles buddy road show team.

• Options

Or a Sith Hunter. ;)

Or both.

Lascannon?! This is not the grimdark future world of grimdarkness.

WHATEVER YOU CALL IT HERE. Actually, knives are more brutal. Just a knife. And rage.

@SaberOverEasy only some will fall before me. How's that?
    I just wanna walk through force lightning unscathed just to shink someone in the sternum and say something cool.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    I will say that part of the reason I wanted to help out the smugglers was because I wanted them to be part of future stories.

Now I get to be a part of that story instead of kime.

I am ok with this.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    INANTP is soooo grudged. How dare he try to win.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

Except that I still died! Blegh. @I needed a name to post. you killed me, right? Where?

Two-hit combo of
    We can't keep our hands off of you kime! Even though in most games it seems like more of a Dynasty Warriors style sort of risk. This big flashing text just comes up: DO NOT PURSUE LU KIME.
    Oooooh! Is it compliment day? Kime, if a wasp stung you, I would suck out the venom.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    I will say that part of the reason I wanted to help out the smugglers was because I wanted them to be part of future stories.

Now I get to be a part of that story instead of kime.

I am ok with this.

That's one of the other cool things about these. Sometimes you make decisions with respect to the future games. I'm sure Chester is hoping that his new bosses don't figure out that he just helped a wanted fugitive escape from justice. Even if it WAS to keep the jedi from leaving.

• Options
    edited July 2012
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Ah, yeah... that reminds me, Obi - mafia with no way to kill super helpful villagers like Saber? Bad idea. :(

Yeah, another thing I learned about defensive mafia. If I do it again, they will at least have a way to silence helpful villagers for a day or two.

edit: Thanks for all the comments, everyone. Its gone a long way to help cement in my mind the issues this game had and will hopefully prevent those issues from showing up if/when I implement any of the mechanics again.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Ah, yeah... that reminds me, Obi - mafia with no way to kill super helpful villagers like Saber? Bad idea. :(

Yeah, another thing I learned about defensive mafia. If I do it again, they will at least have a way to silence helpful villagers for a day or two.

That....doesn't really fix the problem. Side question, did you have anyone help with the mechanics this time?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Spoit wrote: »

That....doesn't really fix the problem. Side question, did you have anyone help with the mechanics this time?

Of course it doesn't fix the entire problem of the defensive mafia, but I think it would fix that part of it. If they can't talk to anyone for a day or two, you essentially neuter their power. Maybe a conversion? The thing is, there has to be a way to make a defensive mafia with a time limit work. Its just a matter of brainstorming and testing. Which is what this mini was partially for.

CD on the side question.
    :oops:

I know, I know. Another lesson learned.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Mind Trick - Keywords: “Mind Trick”, Targeting: Single player within two posts of order post. Effect: You will gain knowledge of one of their conversations (PM, proboard, etc) that day. Not useable on Sith or Bounty Hunters. Additionally, all villagers on this page within four posts have no chance of remembering you.

Singling this power out here, because I used a power like it during a previous games and learned some hard lessons about it.

Now that you've used this power once, you can never use it again. It changes the way people play dramatically. I had people discussing filling a proboard with fake posts each day just so there was clutter so that their true conversations had less chance of being seen, people who felt browbeat into co-operating because they thought the power meant everything they said would be heard...it's bad juju. Don't do eavesdropping powers, because as soon as players learn they're on the board the landscape of the game changes for the worst.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mind Trick - Keywords: “Mind Trick”, Targeting: Single player within two posts of order post. Effect: You will gain knowledge of one of their conversations (PM, proboard, etc) that day. Not useable on Sith or Bounty Hunters. Additionally, all villagers on this page within four posts have no chance of remembering you.

Singling this power out here, because I used a power like it during a previous games and learned some hard lessons about it.

Now that you've used this power once, you can never use it again. It changes the way people play dramatically. I had people discussing filling a proboard with fake posts each day just so there was clutter so that their true conversations had less chance of being seen, people who felt browbeat into co-operating because they thought the power meant everything they said would be heard...it's bad juju. Don't do eavesdropping powers, because as soon as players learn they're on the board the landscape of the game changes for the worst.

I had that exact same conversation with Egos when making my last main, Bothuwai had basically that power before revising it.

So I pulled the trigger this mini to see what it would be like. It was never used and you are right, the downside of it in the meta severely outweighs the potential usefulness.

• Options
    Spoit wrote: »

Of course it doesn't fix the entire problem of the defensive mafia, but I think it would fix that part of it. If they can't talk to anyone for a day or two, you essentially neuter their power. Maybe a conversion? The thing is, there has to be a way to make a defensive mafia with a time limit work. Its just a matter of brainstorming and testing. Which is what this mini was partially for.

CD on the side question.
    :oops:

I know, I know. Another lesson learned.

True, but it's no fun to not be able to talk. In a way, it's better to just die because then you don't have to focus on the game.

One way you can deal with defensive mafia is to allow some villagers to win with them. For example, if the jedi also had a ship they could escape on (after completing certain objective or what not), it might have been worth their while to try and approach people they knew were villagers and offer them a way out. Limiting the space on it would have prevented everyone from jumping on and not having it be a true conversion would have made it risky, but it also would have allowed the jedi to hide their powers better (because they would have a few villagers using them) and a way to get rid of helpful villagers (by offering a much easier way to win). It also would have kept well with the "Which side are you on?" theme.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Kime, the reason I couldn't pay you is because MrT gave you our money. It's like gift of the magi with wookiees and lightsabers. Also, for selling us out to the Imps, grudge!

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    I see here that I hear the sea.

Trying to read this phalla without seeing any of the PMs was weird.

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    @stever777 And last but not least, a public apology to stever777. In the attempt to "try and play like I normally do", I didn't realize he was on my team (an inexcusable mistake). stever, let me know if you can think of some form of public shame and/or something else I should do as penance.

Slay your first-born for my amusement.:twisted:

Oh, wait. He's way too cute for that.
    Give him a cookie & teach him the Way of Phalla.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Yay! "cook" "ee"!

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1