Options

Diablo III: Thread over, much like windup wizard

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Here's my Magical Fire Monk I'm currently slowly working on. I don't have any MF rings at the moment because they're way out of my price range at the moment. Slowly but surely. I only play D3 as couple of times a week now so extra slowly. Also I found that weapon at the end of my first trip through Act 1 Inferno on that character. I like it.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    strong urge to sell off my weapon because I know it's worth fat stacks

but then I would have no weapon

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    strong urge to sell off my weapon because I know it's worth fat stacks

but then I would have no weapon

I thought about that. I have one pretty decent weapon and an OK weapon that I have lying around.

If I get real $$$ for the first one, I think it might make slogging along with the second totally palatable.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Blizzard has been hacked, might want to change your passwords.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/securityupdate.html

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2012
    Expigator wrote: »
    _J_ wrote: »
    And now a Pus Spitter. That sells for...140K, the price of the DE mats.

Pulse-Pounding.

Can I ask how much MF you run with? I just got mine up to 170 pre-nv...i feel like I need to eke out a bit more.

You may ask whatever you like.

My base: 261
    With Templar: 283

Edit: That's not as high as I want it to be, but I stopped buying expensive upgrades when they made that forum post about how they might completely fuck with MF%. Now I'm just waiting on the damn developer blog to tell me how to gear my char.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Ratsult2 wrote: »
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6294649845
    The Diablo III developers have been hard at work on some exciting new features and updates for the game. Many of you have asked for more details, and we're busily preparing several developer blogs filled with information on what's coming in patch 1.0.4. In the meantime, here's an overview of the information we're planning to share here on the Diablo III community site in the not-too-distant future.

Please keep in mind that this list isn't set in stone, but it should provide a useful preview of what we'll be revealing in the days ahead.

System Changes, by Wyatt Cheng
    Senior Technical Game Designer Wyatt Cheng is preparing a high-level summary of some of the system changes planned for 1.0.4.

Legendary Item Improvements, by Andrew Chambers
    Senior Game Designer Andrew Chambers is working on a blog detailing all the ways we’re making Legendary items stand out.

Magic Find Update, by Jay Wilson
    Following up on earlier discussions, Game Director Jay Wilson will be providing an update on how Magic Find is evolving in patch 1.0.4.

Class Changes, by Wyatt Cheng
    Wyatt will also be providing a preview of the changes we’ll be making for each class in 1.0.4 (and the philosophy behind those changes).

Patch Notes, by Lylirra
    Of course, this is all building up to the actual patch 1.0.4 release, and we’ll be releasing the full patch notes shortly before the update goes live.

We're also planning to run some interviews and developer chats surrounding patch 1.0.4, and we’ll be sharing those on the Diablo III front page. Be on the lookout, as we'd love to get you involved in any live chats we host.

As always, your constructive feedback is very much appreciated. Stay tuned for the updates to follow!

Cool, looks like we are going to get detailed info on each part of the patch soon.

I swear, Blizzard is the only game company that could get away with 'HEY GUYS! Here's a list of what people may tell you about in the future about a feature that may be in our game (or not)"

My gripe with the announcement is that they, presumably, have the information. Since they're "preparing several developer blogs" they're at the stage where they take the information and add a bunch of poetry around the data, combined with a few images to make the blog look nice.

I, for one, do not give a shit about the poetry and images. I just want the fucking data / numbers.

It would have been nice for the announcement to be something along the lines of, "Jay Wilson will be providing explanation and carefully hedged backpeddling around our MF change of (capping MF%) / (adding a gear swap button) / (placing a delay on when MF registers after gear is changed) / (removing stacks of NV when a player changes their gear)."

Just fuck tell us what the change is. I don't need poetry, explanation, and images of goblins.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Shen wrote: »
    It's an announcement for some announcements, it's lame. If they're close to telling us something, they should just wait until they have something to say. They waited 5 weeks, one more isn't gonna kill anyone.
    this implies no one was upset that they hadn't heard anything which isn't true

damned if they do damned if they don't. not surprising.
    Depends what it is they do. Not taking forever wouldn't really damn them. This patch had better be amazing.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

Fucking hell.

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »

Fucking hell.

Compared to other companies that have been hacked, at least we are finding out about this the week of the hack.... also, at least the passwords were encrypted.

• Options
    edited August 2012

Relevant:
    Some data was illegally accessed, including a list of email addresses for global Battle.net users, outside of China. For players on North American servers (which generally includes players from North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) the answer to the personal security question, and information relating to Mobile and Dial-In Authenticators were also accessed. Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts.

So, change your security questions.

Edit: Doing some research. Apparently it is impossible to change security questions.

wah waaaaaaaa

_J_ on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    "Your e-mail adresses and personal security questions have been compromised, but don't worry, your WoW characters are totes safe."

V0Gug2h.png
  • Options

Relevant:
    Some data was illegally accessed, including a list of email addresses for global Battle.net users, outside of China. For players on North American servers (which generally includes players from North America, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and Southeast Asia) the answer to the personal security question, and information relating to Mobile and Dial-In Authenticators were also accessed. Based on what we currently know, this information alone is NOT enough for anyone to gain access to Battle.net accounts.

Edit: Doing some research. Apparently it is impossible to change security questions.

wah waaaaaaaa

This part is relevant
    In the coming days, we'll be prompting players on North American servers to change their secret questions and answers through an automated process.

• Options

Relevant:

wah waaaaaaaa

This part is relevant
    In the coming days, we'll be prompting players on North American servers to change their secret questions and answers through an automated process.

Missed that.

Go team.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    man

but I like my password

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular

Or you know, just have an authenticator.

Then you can just set your password to 123.

• Options
    JAEF wrote: »

Or you know, just have an authenticator.

Then you can just set your password to 123.

Eeeexcellent.

Now all I have to do is guess your e-mail and 6 digit authenticator number at the right time, and your riches are mine!

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Blizzard finding out about the hack in the same week is pretty goddamn impressive.

Despite them handling a response as best as possible (and one of the best I've seen) I fully expect loud-mouth internet idiots to rage about Blizzard's "incompetence" in this. Prevention is not absolute, sheesh.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    whoops, nevermind.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Ahhh...Blizzard got hacked. That explains why I got this email yesterday afternoon (in spite of me only having a Blizzard account for the past 4 months):
    Greetings!

We have already noted that you are trying to sell your personal World of Warcraft account (s).
    Terms of Use

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company/legal/wow_tou.html

It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
    If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. You must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.

STEP 1: ACCOUNT INVESTIGATION
    We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please go to this site and follow the instructions:

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/securitywebform (ACTUALLY directs to h t t p://www.NOTBLIZZARD.tk/login.asp?ref=https%3A%2F%2Fus.battle.net%2Faccount%2Fmanagement%2Findex.xml&app=bam)

STEP 2: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
    We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 48 hours of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.

Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account, it may lead to further action against the account.

Regards,

Game Master Dunarthra
    Customer Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://us.battle.net/support/en/

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    Henroid wrote: »
    Blizzard finding out about the hack in the same week is pretty goddamn impressive.

Despite them handling a response as best as possible (and one of the best I've seen) I fully expect loud-mouth internet idiots to rage about Blizzard's "incompetence" in this. Prevention is not absolute, sheesh.

On this they did a good job, yes.

1.04 info and the rest? Maybe not so much.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    @AnakinOU dude, do you maybe wanna edit your post to remove the trap links?

Henroid on
  • Options

I'd say "Well you have to take the good with the bad!" but that's horse shit. >_>

• Options
    I want them to announce the damn MF changes.

Right now I'm sitting on MF gear and don't know whether to sell it or hold onto it.

If they nerf gear swap and persons have to make a MF / DPS set, then the prices on these items will go up.

If they cap MF or nerf it, then the prices could go waaay down.

Grrr.

• Options

I'm curious to know what you think they could have improved with 1.04 info.

They told us a month ago what was going to be in the patch. We haven't heard anything since then because they didn't have any new information to give. I'd much rather the community managers get work done, than get 50 blues posts a day that say "we don't have any more information to give on that subject".

• Options
    7749821000_5a6f7dc784.jpg

Do I try to sell them now for about 10M, or sit on them and hope they nerf gear swap?

GRRRR.

• Options

They told us a month ago what was going to be in the patch. We haven't heard anything since then because they didn't have any new information to give. I'd much rather the community managers get work done, than get 50 blues posts a day that say "we don't have any more information to give on that subject".

It's the idea I posted earlier: They are currently writing the dev blogs. Presumably they have the data. So, release it.

As to the information blackout over the past month? I agree that nothing is better than announcements of nothing.

My preference would have been for "something", though.

The other part is that these decisions seem to take longer than they ought to, given how quickly they nerfed Attack Speed.

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    yeah, uncertainty is pretty terrible for markets, just as true for a "virtual" market.

right now, without knowing what the intent is for the MF update (which they have certainly already decided on), I don't know what I should buy or sell. so I just won't buy anything.

• Options
    mcdermott wrote: »
    yeah, uncertainty is pretty terrible for markets, just as true for a "virtual" market.

right now, without knowing what the intent is for the MF update (which they have certainly already decided on), I don't know what I should buy or sell. so I just won't buy anything.

Yeah. I stopped getting MF upgrades a while ago (except for the absurdly low-cost ones).

The most recent announcement just made it worse, in a way: "Hey, we're going to tell you soon whether or not you will need an entirely new gear set!"

Gee. Thanks.

• Options
    I'm betting on the 1.04 patch

It's the idea I posted earlier: They are currently writing the dev blogs. Presumably they have the data. So, release it.

As to the information blackout over the past month? I agree that nothing is better than announcements of nothing.

My preference would have been for "something", though.

The other part is that these decisions seem to take longer than they ought to, given how quickly they nerfed Attack Speed.

I think the idea is if they released the patch notes now, people will see changes and freak out. This way they can explain the changes first, then release the details later.

Either way, knowing about the patch notes isn't going to get the patch here any faster. There is going to be plenty of time after we get the notes to hoard items based on the patch changes.

• Options
    right, but every day without some kind of specific direction on what the patch is going to do concerning MF is a day of economic stasis.

like, this is why companies release projections of earnings some time out, then release the actual earnings statements later. markets hate uncertainty.

• Options
    mcdermott wrote: »
    right, but every day without some kind of specific direction on what the patch is going to do concerning MF is a day of economic stasis.

like, this is why companies release projections of earnings some time out, then release the actual earnings statements later. markets hate uncertainty.

Even a picture with all the MF change options, on which they mark off what they won't do would be preferable.

I just want to know if they're putting a cap on MF.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
  • Options
    ooooooh

• Options

By definition it can't be a terrible system.

Well played, Blizzard.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Whatever they do, I hope it only starts as useful as the current system and gets better as you go vs having to do more to get back to the current level.

• Options
    BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    I got an authenticator. no need for password change.. though mine is quite long anyway...

In other news.. my barb is 60 yay !!

D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Options
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Whatever they do, I hope it only starts as useful as the current system and gets better as you go vs having to do more to get back to the current level.

I agree that "improvement" is better.

My worry is what Blizzard considers "improvement".

Because they seem to consider D3 an improvement over D2.

Which is...a problematic stance when discussing anything other than graphics or screen resolution.

• Options

Yeah, the official forums are doing what you thought they'd do.

• Options
    BountyHunterBountyHunter Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

The Official forums is a valid tool for that. things are up to date.. They just need to utilise this tool properly. which in this case, they did.

wouldn't you rather they devote all their available manpower to making the game better? (at least in principle )

BountyHunter on
    D3: iNaddict#1252
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/iNaddict
    PSN: iNaddict
  • Options

The Official forums is a valid tool for that. things are up to date.. They just need to utilise this tool properly. which in this case, they did.

wouldn't you rather they devote all their available manpower to making the game better? (at least in principle )

Hmm?

My point, in that thread, was that Henroid's guess that the official forums would go "olol blizzard" over the news was a good guess.

This discussion has been closed.