As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Rise of the Logical Phallacies: [Phalla] - Mafia victory!

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    "Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated."

New Tactic: Try to manipulate the vote so suspected mafia get caught in a tie.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    "Should there be a tie in the vote, then all players involved in the tie will be eliminated."

They won't let it happen, baaaaad plan. Go theory though :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Signup && !Signup

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »

No, it'll totally work! We just need to be faster than them!

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Half full!

15 more people hurry up and join! I'm already itching to send out the role PMs. :twisted:

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular

It's never worked before, so that means that the odds of it happening now are greater than normal

• Options
    Smoove OperatorSmoove Operator Registered User regular
    This can't possibly go awry

Honesty, Integrity, Handshakefulness

HoTS: Schmutz#1686
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

602542_307998225963770_1591340556_n.jpg

What fun is there in making sense?

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Ok let's make this happen

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I might be active

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    TRV, you're av logic is infallible.

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    Walruses are mammals. Giraffes are mammals. Giraffes are walruses. It's so simple

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Walruses are mammals. Giraffes are mammals. Giraffes are walruses. It's so simple

The forums are on the internet.
    Steam is on the internet.
    Steam = Forums? No. Because TRV is on one and not on the other :| Unless, somehow one of us has hacked into a parallel universe.
    TRV, convince me through your arguments you arn't from the evil universe!

• Options
    Goatees are evil.
    I have a beard. Beards are bigger goatees. I am bigger ev- wait what

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    Both of you stop making sense right now! You'll help the mafia hide! Unless... Nah, that would make too much sense.

• Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Reserve me! incase anyone can't take the logic bombs that will be dropped!

GOOO LOGIC! (Not goo logic)

• Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Goatees are evil.
    I have a beard. Beards are bigger goatees. I am bigger ev- wait what

In Greek myth, the craftsman Daedalus invented human flight so a group of Minotaurs would stop teasing him about it.

Iguanas can stay underwater for twenty-eight point seven minutes.

The Schrodinger’s cat paradox outlines a situation in which a cat in a box must be considered, for all intents and purposes, simultaneously alive and dead. Schrodinger created this paradox as a justification for killing cats.

Hot water freezes quicker than cold water.

William Shakespeare did not exist. His plays were masterminded in 1589 by Francis Bacon, who used a Ouija board to enslave play-writing ghosts.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Dogs can't look up

• Options
    The square root of rope is string

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    I hate to interupt TRV's little dance here, but sign-up!

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    there was a 4 hour lull. the dancer was asleep :p

• Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    there was a 4 hour lull. the dancer was asleep :p

Ya right, didn't you just have a baby? Sleep?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    I takes what I can gets. I just went back to work yesterday, so my wife is doing most of the after 1-2 AM watching so I can get a block of actual rest, however small it may be. Plus I have to hand him to her every few hours for feeding anyway. Also I have the biggest headache. How's you doing, figgs?

• Options
    If you're interested in jumping straight into another game after Obifett's, there are many spots still open here!

• Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    Well, I was waiting to see if a main was going up, but no main in sight, so let's do this with Faulty Logic!

• Options
    Of course they are. JOIN US FOR DOOOOM

Are there thralls (mafia that seer as villager)? Millers (villager that seers as mafia)? Death thralls (mafia that shows up in dead list as villager)? Death Millers (try to guess...)?

Steam profile
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Sign me up

Time for phalla again in my life.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Conversions?

• Options
    Yes

Time to kill you, muahahah!

Steam profile
  • Options
    I hear there are a few reverse death millers

• Options

Are there thralls (mafia that seer as villager)? Millers (villager that seers as mafia)? Death thralls (mafia that shows up in dead list as villager)? Death Millers (try to guess...)?
    Due to their individual win conditions, Neutrals will be given the option to seer as generic villagers, or as neutral. Otherwise seers return true village / mafia results, and will be also told if they've used their power on a special

• Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    I hear there are a few reverse death millers

The worst kind!

Punchline explained
    Death miller is a mafia who dies looking like a villager. Reverse gets you a villager instead of a mafia. So... a villager who dies looking like a villager.

OH NOES

spool32 wrote: »

Due to their individual win conditions, Neutrals will be given the option to seer as generic villagers, or as neutral. Otherwise seers return true village / mafia results, and will be also told if they've used their power on a special

Yes, yes, more information

Steam profile
  • Options
    Conversions?

Of a very limited sort, yes. Very limited + very conditional.

• Options
    I heard "Yes"! Time to panic!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Shotgun on conversion guy! Yesssss

That's how these things work, right? Kime gets to be all-powerful and we all scrabble for the remaining abilities like rats in the gutter?

• Options
    I heard "Yes"! Time to panic!

You came here for a good argument?

No, you came here for an argument!

• Options
    Oh god conversions we're doooooomed. Abandon ship!

• Options
    Shotgun on conversion guy! Yesssss

That's how these things work, right? Kime gets to be all-powerful and we all scrabble for the remaining abilities like rats in the gutter?

That's how it happens a disproportionately large amount of the time, yes.

Scramble, peon

Steam profile
  • Options
    Now I have a mental image of rats playing scrabble and one is like
    "onomatopoeia, bitch! Triple double word score! I get to be vig!"
    'aww, rats'
    And then they realize what the second one said and have a good laugh.

Also, I have a near-50% mafia rate it seems. Ignore this part once the game starts