As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

diablo 3: because browsing the auction house until pee-poo out of control is so fun

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    need that for sure
    also I am killing packs ridiculously fast, can't wait for 1.05 meteor buffs

also since everyone is looking to meteor for CM, I'm selling my occy for profit :3

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I wonder if the sudden slide of non-optimal legendaries into shittyness will mean I can pick up a marrow on the cheap

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ps. storm chaser energy twister + forked lightning electrocute is really really good and would be even better if i had some apoc

i will continue using it after the sc nerf because firing a 225% weapon damage twister through a pack and critting for over a million is good fun

• Options
    WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Rolo wrote: »
    I wonder if the sudden slide of non-optimal legendaries into shittyness will mean I can pick up a marrow on the cheap
    There's already pretty good ones available for 50m
    ps. storm chaser energy twister + forked lightning electrocute is really really good and would be even better if i had some apoc

i will continue using it after the sc nerf because firing a 225% weapon damage twister through a pack and critting for over a million is good fun
    I've actually been using this for lazy farming, since Archon is /effort against Phasebeasts packs and I kill stuff unbelievably fast with a Hydra up anyways. Also I get defensive cooldowns so I can just shit on every kind of elite instead of every kind but phasebeasts as Archon or every kind but Goatballs as pure windup wizard.

Walt on
  • Options
    with 6% leech and 155k dps i can facetank phasebeast packs*

*most of the time, fuck horde/knockback

• Options
    pretty much the issue is I have 2.7% life leech and not quite enough DPS to outpace their damage, so anything more than a vanilla phasebeast (fire chains, molten, or horde) fucks me right in the tuckus

• Options
    so yeah bring on the zunimassa boots + chest I'm just 100m away from being literally unstoppable instead of just pretty much unstoppable

• Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    lol you guys and your leech

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So I dont want to shit up the torchlight thread but torchlight is pretty fun except the fucking skill system holy shit

Like, in this video the D3 system is Indiana Jones, straight forward and effective, and the TL2 system is sword guy, flailing wildly but not getting much done. Also Indy can try something new whenever he wants and the sword guy is fucked unless he starts over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KwMK78idpA

Stats points I don't even care about, I mostly just use them to get around level requirements on some items but since every item does have a level requirement you can use everything eventually so whatever

The other glaring failure of TL2 compared to D3 is that D3 has spoiled me with the paper doll dps and item comparison tool, just looking to see if the comparison numbers are red or green is amazing and any diablo clone that doesn't copy that in the future is really dumb

It is a fun game though, different enough from D3 that I am considering buying it full price despite the things I don't like about it

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    man that video

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    jesus christ the wire on my mouse will not align correctly and i can feel it pulling on the mouse

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
  • Options
    hey fuck you i played that build months ago

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    yeah but your gear wasn't that godlike

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    are we getting 1.05 tomorrow

I need it bad

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    we're getting pandas tomorrow

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?

• Options
    Nope

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    so many videogames

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Options
    that dh has a discworld name, gets mad props

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I really want to level my DH to get 3 turrets.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options

I need it bad

I just read the patch notes again and hey they say they're finally gonna put in searching for damage on offhands so yes 1.0.5 please get here soon

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

I need it bad

I just read the patch notes again and hey they say they're finally gonna put in searching for damage on offhands so yes 1.0.5 please get here soon

I'm not even using an offhand anymore and this is the best thing

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options

I need it bad

I'm not even using an offhand anymore and this is the best thing

It is gonna make finding a good mojo both easier and much more frustrating when people start pricing appropriately for a high average damage

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    so many of these patch changes are like

why wasnt this in from the start, it is so simple and obvious that we needed it 5 month ago

• Options
    was there some reason you still can't sort legendaries properly?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Internal testers thought it was fine shut up

also I wish the multiple turrets thing would work like heimerdinger turrets, where you keep a "stock" that is added to every 20-30 seconds up to the max and then have no cooldown when deploying them

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    or just like Diablo 2 traps, so you can have 10 million turrets out at the same time while you run in circles dodging projectiles?

• Options
    Well demon hunters only have the one turret thing, but yeah if it worked like assassin traps where you just cast until you have the max number deployed and casting one after that destroys the first one you put out would be fine too

They seem really worried sentry will suddenly become too powerful

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    mine cost 160 million so :rotate:
    I got an old pair of zuni boots with 6 poison/6AS and a old zuni crit ring for like 7 mil total.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular

I need it bad

so... they put up a test server for what, 4 hours, it doesn't work for the vast majority of people so they take it down..

then they release the patch it was supposed to be testing 2 days later?

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    jwalk wrote: »

I need it bad

so... they put up a test server for what, 4 hours, it doesn't work for the vast majority of people so they take it down..

then they release the patch it was supposed to be testing 2 days later?

Depends on whether the intent was to test new PTR or actually test the 1.05 build...

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I don't even know why you made that post

people are just excited for 1.05

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    PTRs are a very valuable tool for our development teams -- when you participate, share your feedback, and submit reports, we can squash more bugs and ensure that the patch we release is of the highest quality possible. Patch 1.0.5 will mark the first time we've performed a public test for Diablo III, but we’re planning to conduct public tests for most (if not all) future patches.
    that sounds to me like the point was to test 1.05
    I just figured they would get the PTR working today-tomorrow and leave it up for at least another week of testing and feedback.

edit- apparently the EU PTR is still working so maybe they got enough feedback from that... and/or they aren't releasing the patch tomorrow..

jwalk on
  • Options
    my only feedback on 1.0.5 is make the last rune for plague of toads actually do something and also make soul harvest less stupid

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    wrathful protector is also pretty worthless

2neWC.png

lasts 15 seconds, does less damage than any other rune

• Options
    BSoBBSoB Registered User regular
    On the monk front,
    They nerfed 2 defensive passives, with an ominous warning about a 3rd.
    Then they buffed 2 other defensive passives.
    I won't lie, a passive 75% DR while jailed may just mean I never die again, might be worth giving up ~1k armor for.

also,
    Great, you bumped our cooldown reduction. Were you aware that we don't have offensive abilities that have cooldowns? (alright, alright, to be fair, seven sided strike has a cooldown, and does damage).

It is a bit of a mixed message. I don't think they made defensive skills seem less mandatory for monks, they just changed which defensive skills i'll be using.

/rant off.

The good news is my wife's WD is getting a pretty strong survival buff, which makes me crazy happy.

• Options
    oh wow I hadn't even noticed that before, yeah they really dropped the ball on that one

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BSoB wrote: »
    On the monk front,
    I won't lie, a passive 75% DR while jailed may just mean I never die again, might be worth giving up ~1k armor for.

also,
    Great, you bumped our cooldown reduction. Were you aware that we don't have offensive abilities that have cooldowns? (alright, alright, to be fair, seven sided strike has a cooldown, and does damage).

It is a bit of a mixed message. I don't think they made defensive skills seem less mandatory for monks, they just changed which defensive skills i'll be using.

/rant off.

The good news is my wife's WD is getting a pretty strong survival buff, which makes me crazy happy.
    Are monks actually getting nerfed, or are they getting the same defensive ability nerfs everyone else is getting combined with the monster damage nerf that actually puts them ahead in terms of mitigation?

• Options
    maritzacmaritzac Registered User regular
    Um so I have a wiz, should I watch for the patch to try and beat Belial or should I do it right now??

• Options
    GalyGaly Registered User regular
    Walt wrote: »
    BSoB wrote: »
    On the monk front,

also,

/rant off.

Are monks actually getting nerfed, or are they getting the same defensive ability nerfs everyone else is getting combined with the monster damage nerf that actually puts them ahead in terms of mitigation?

definitely the latter

mustache w/ hat c|:{
This discussion has been closed.