As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Deadpool] Activision fires entire dev team... into the sun

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Marvel inter-dimensional shenanigans. :)

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I liked John Kassir's Deadpool voice.

Plus it just seemed right somehow to have him voiced by the Crypt Keeper.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    Why two deadpools if you have Cable and Taskmaster?

Deadpool, Bullseye, Outlaw, and Taskmaster doing jobs you can pick through from Agency X. Why this hasn't been made I have no idea.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    TOGSolid wrote: »

Deadpool, Bullseye, Outlaw, and Taskmaster doing jobs you can pick through from Agency X. Why this hasn't been made I have no idea.

That would be a Thunderbolts game. I'm up for it.

EDIT: Nolan is so good. "Spaaace!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DB-Fw6yxAcE

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options

That would be a Thunderbolts game. I'm up for it.

Three out of four of those guys (Bullseye being the exception) have all worked together with Agency X which is run by the still disgustingly obese Deadpool pseudoquasi-zombieclonethingy Agent X. I tossed Bullseye in just because he's known to have done merc work with Tasky and Deadpool. I suppose it could turn into a full on Thunderbolts thing, but it'd prolly work best as an Agency X game because then you can just get pretty silly with some of the missions and get Sandy in who's always fun to have around.

That said, a Thunderbolts game could be pretty cool too as long as you don't let the current Thunderbolts writers anywhere near it.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The Faith in Monsters or Dark Reign Thunderbolts team would be a fun multiplayer beat em up type game.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2013
    I'm interested in seeing where this goes.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I hope it's the most awesomely thing ever, and not the wolverine origins treatment

• Options
    Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    Tommatt wrote: »
    I hope it's the most awesomely thing ever, and not the wolverine origins treatment

Thought Wolverine: Origins was supposed to be a surprisingly ok/good game?

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Options
    Tommatt wrote: »

Thought Wolverine: Origins was supposed to be a surprisingly ok/good game?

I meant how they treated DP in the movie.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    ah yeah, i doubt they will be sewing wade's mouth shut and shoving samurai blades up his arms. though i am sure they will mock that design.

• Options
    ah yeah, i doubt they will be sewing wade's mouth shut and shoving samurai blades up his arms. though i am sure they will mock that design.

I'd be completely ok with a scene where Deadpool is running around with his swords duct-taped to his arms and making jokes about the movie and/or Wolverine in general.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Saint JusticeSaint Justice Mercenary Mah-vel Baybee!!!Registered User regular
    Deadpool quote from Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (whenever he levels up) : "And now I'M better at doing whatever it is that Wolverine does!!!"

Some people play tennis, I erode the human soul. ~ Tycho
  • Options
    y'all prompted a new thread title. i'll update the OP with screenshots and newer info soon.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

I'd be completely ok with a scene where Deadpool is running around with his swords duct-taped to his arms and making jokes about the movie and/or Wolverine in general.

What if he were to encounter that version, and kill it? Sort of like Godzilla vs. GINO in that one movie.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    The best ending to Wolverine: Origins would be in the stinger have a man with face obscured walk up to the rubble in red and black body armor. He bends down and picks up Weapon XI's head and it pans up to show Wade Wilson who comments "Who the fuck is this" before tossing the head back into the reactor and walking away from the Weapon X facility.

• Options
    The best ending to Wolverine: Origins would be in the stinger have a man with face obscured walk up to the rubble in red and black body armor. He bends down and picks up Weapon XI's head and it pans up to show Wade Wilson who comments "Who the fuck is this" before tossing the head back into the reactor and walking away from the Weapon X facility.

"It looks like Baraka....got in over his head"
    And then Deadpool puts on some shades and YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHS into the sunset.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Ugh.

Deadpool should taze Kotick in the butthole.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The chances of a sequel are zero. :?

Well, at least they won't be stuck making content for CoD.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    edited April 2013

Hooray for Activision being massive assholes as usual! Shit like this is why I dropped out of programming in college. I thankfully realized early on that I had no interest in putting up with the absurd levels of bullshit associated with the industry. I guess the bright side is that at least the game itself is still on track, but still, fuck.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    Ya that's shitty. The game looks great, and from what I saw of the people making it, they seemed like really cool people who actually cared about the IP.

• Options

Truly a fate worse than death.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Because who wants a group of people that make good games. Not a game company, that's for damn sure.

• Options

Truly a fate worse than death.

I always wondered if Raven was in charge of developing the next-gen engine for CoD.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    And this is why I'm all for kickstarter publishing. Fuck big time publishers

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    This still applies today as it did back in 2001
    215111520_b7uEe-L-2.jpg

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Man you are kidding me. The Transformers games alone were freaking awesome.

• Options
    to be clear, it is just about 40 people who were working on just deadpool. the transformer teams are still going at high moon... they just dumped the people they hired to work on deadpool as soon as they were done.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    subedii wrote: »
    Man you are kidding me. The Transformers games alone were freaking awesome.

This isn't affecting all of High Moon, just the Deadpool dev team. As far as I'm aware, and from everything I've read the core High Moon team and the Transformers dev group is unaffected.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Well, Jan David Hassel from Yager posted on twitter:
    People of High Moon Studios or Square Enix fame looking for a grand European adventure: YAGER is hiring! yager.de/career #GameJobs

People that worked on Deadpool working for the Spec Ops developer. I'm coining the term Ludo-occupation Dissonance. :P

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    Hey now, let it not be said that both Walker and Deapool don't have serious psychological issues.

subedii on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    to be clear, it is just about 40 people who were working on just deadpool. the transformer teams are still going at high moon... they just dumped the people they hired to work on deadpool as soon as they were done.

Yea, that's what I read.

Also trying to figure out why this somehow shocks and surprises people too. Staff increases to complete a project and decreases when it's done. While it's sad those people lost their jobs, it's very likely that this situation is just that.

I'm wondering what this means in terms of DLC for this game though.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    Hopefully there won't be any.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm getting kind of burned out on additional content. Especially if I like the game.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options

Yea, that's what I read.

Also trying to figure out why this somehow shocks and surprises people too. Staff increases to complete a project and decreases when it's done. While it's sad those people lost their jobs, it's very likely that this situation is just that.

I'm wondering what this means in terms of DLC for this game though.

I just hate this practice. And it's not isolated to the video game industry, it's rampant in aerospace too. Boeing is notorious for it. If rather companies just move people internally around that the cluster fuck of hiring a and firings.

• Options
    Unions.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    this is hitting on june 25th. woo.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    subedii wrote: »
    Hey now, let it not be said that both Walker and Deapool don't have serious psychological issues.

They can very meta sometimes.

There is some preorder stuff too: http://www.oxmonline.com/deadpool-pre-order-bonuses-revealed

Was a PC version announced?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LgUv416fLM&feature=youtube_gdata_player some good gameplay videos in there and it is confirmed to be nolan north to be voicing him.