As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    minirhyderminirhyder BerlinRegistered User regular
    Hm nothing for me today. Cities XL looks interesting, but I think I'll hold off for now. In fact at this point I might just wait for the holiday sale, as I have some games that need playing right nao

• Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Ah, cool, time to stock up on SR DLC then.

Also, Cities XL 2012 is calling to me. Worth $10?

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Walking dead id the deal? Oh fuck be right back

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    @Fanda has gifted me one of my most favorite games ever Machinarium

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Many people told me that instead of buying Cities XL, you should just buy Sim City 4.
    I never regretted buying Sim City. NEVER.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Good lord. As soon as I saw Trine 2 was on sale, I proceeded to click it and add it to my cart. Just before checking out, however, I received a gift... of Trine 2 from @kalia! Classy... and fast! Thanks a lot.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    Loving that Walking Dead discount so close to release. Lots of gameplay to look forward to there.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    Big Isy wrote: »

yeah thats not happening. Needs to be under the magical 10 in order to buy for myself.

• Options
    TremblayTremblay Registered User regular
    Please invitate me to the Steam Group!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElectricBoots

Also, which Saints Row 3 DLC to get... I think the Season Pass Pack is a given... what else? :D

• Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular

the discount is so so though. :( Been waiting for it to be the dailies either

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    iRevert wrote: »
    Change it to USING in that and it works for this as well
    h482U.jpg

• Options
    RoyceX7 wrote: »

the discount is so so though. :( Been waiting for it to be the dailies either

its actually a really good price for something so new but I can't justify that on me.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    All right, I have some more time to live with these deals, but I think I can safely pass on them. Some are on the wishlist...but, I'm almost at my budget!

Will have to think about it.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Njashi9Njashi9 Registered User regular
    Those interested in the Mount & Blade franchise should start with Warband. No need to look at the original since Warband is a improved version of that game and people have rather mixed feelings about With fire and Sword.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PurpleMonkeyPurpleMonkey Why so derp? Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Wait wait that Walking Dead deal is for the entire season?

Urge to buy rising

PurpleMonkey on
    teddiepicture-1.jpg
    XBL, Steam & Tribes: elmartino333
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Wait what, walking dead is the deal, fuck you paycheck hurry up and go in my bank.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Oh wait the SR3 DLC is actually on sale this time. I lied, I will have to get something when I wake up. I can live with paying 50 cents for a shark gun.

Corpekata on
  • Options
    PodunkPodunk Registered User regular
    I just got Saints Row 3 from GMG a few days ago, but have no DLC. I'm not looking to buy the DLC right now since I only have like 2 hours into the game so far, but what DLC is worth getting?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Klyka wrote: »
    Many people told me that instead of buying Cities XL, you should just buy Sim City 4.

I've logged like a million hours in SC4, and have it both in box and in Steam.

I've even got a spare computer running Windows XP, just to play it on (well, not just for that).

Cities XL just looked like something different, that I can play on my "real" rig. SC4 crashes like a little bitch for me in Win7-64.

• Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    Doing this again because I got BotP'ed.

Reminder for the new thread!

The Furious, Fulminating, Frustration Darksiders Giveaway

.jpg

I've got an extra copy of Darksiders stashed away from yesterday, and I didn't want to just throw it on Steamgifts because that's boring, but I couldn't think of a good contest theme. I was toying with some lame-ass thing about what your plot to overthrow the infernal authorities and install yourself as lord of Hades would be if you were a demonic being. But fuck that tryhard shit. My experiences tonight have given me inspiration.

Darksiders is about this guy, War.
    darksiders-war1265059262.jpg
    (Pictured with sidekick/chaperone.)

The contest itself, however, is in a way more about his lesser-known sister, Fury.
    Fury_comic.png
    (Pictured with boobies.)

Tell me about the most frustrated you have ever been playing a vidjagame. It can be any type of game, and any kind of reason. All that matters is that it made you angry. Or better yet, reduced you to a gibbering, frothing, irrational fury. Win my empathy, my amusement, or better yet, both. The person who most elicits my compassion/schadenfreude gets the copy of Darksiders, which they can then play, and, in fighting Tiamat, forget about their previous most frustrating gaming experience altogether.

(If it seems like I'm probably driving the number of entries in the contest down between comments like that and my earlier public tantrum, just look at it as me improving the odds for those of you still brave enough to enter.)

That's it, people, light up my inbox. That is to say, ENTRIES SHOULD BE SENT VIA PM. I will pick a winner around midnight tonight EDT (that's about 11 hours from now). I will post the winning entry for all to enjoy, assuming the winner is comfortable sharing their shameful lack of perspective and self-control with the entire thread.

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I think Arma Combined Ops should be at least 66.7% off

Because 9.99 goddamn it

• Options
    Podunk wrote: »
    I just got Saints Row 3 from GMG a few days ago, but have no DLC. I'm not looking to buy the DLC right now since I only have like 2 hours into the game so far, but what DLC is worth getting?

Everything about Saints Row 3 is quality. I'm not even just saying that. Basically every single thing you can put into this game is pure fun.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    mcdermott wrote: »

I've even got a spare computer running Windows XP, just to play it on (well, not just for that).

Cities XL just looked like something different, that I can play on my "real" rig. SC4 crashes like a little bitch for me in Win7-64.

It does? It only crashed on me once and since then never again.
    And with my SSD it runs fucking amazing.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    Mercutio87Mercutio87 So build that wall and build it strong cause We'll be there before too longRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Here's a story about the classiness of this thread.

In the three minutes where I thought I missed out on the Painkiller sale, @Hieric gifted it to me.

Three goddamn minutes.

Let's all reflect on that for a moment.

So close.

Speaking of classyness, @Massena gifted me Arkham City at the last moment! That is a heckofagift right there.

Mercutio87 on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Damn. I got hooked on the A Valley Without Wind demo last week, but it's only 40% off and I don't need anything else in that bundle. I know the almighty flowchart dictates that I therefore wait on it, but the fact that the flash deals seem to be more inclined to run repeats than dig through exceptionally niche indie titles suggests that the odds of a daily are miniscule at best.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Woo, nothing I want (well, nothing I want for the sale price)! I'm safe for at least 3 hours and 45 minutes!

• Options
    mcdermott wrote: »

It does? It only crashed on me once and since then never again.
    And with my SSD it runs fucking amazing.

Well I'm jealous then. I tried playing it for like a week and it would crash nearly once an hour. And no matter how often you save, that sucks. Especially when it crashes right after you do a big laydown.

• Options
    Romero ZombieRomero Zombie Registered User regular
    Invite to steam group please :D I've got gifts that need to be given

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Maybe I should finally pick up Blood Money. That's pretty much considered to be the best Hitman, right?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Tremblay wrote: »
    Please invitate me to the Steam Group!
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/ElectricBoots

Also, which Saints Row 3 DLC to get... I think the Season Pass Pack is a given... what else? :D

The Shark Gun is quite amusing.

The other stuff seems to be purely cosmetic, so grab whatever tickles your fancy.

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    joshgotro wrote: »
    iRevert wrote: »

At this point I'm holding out for ARMA2 and Stalker CS/CoP and possibly Fable 3. I know stalker and Arma will go on sale later on so I've just got to resist till they come up.

immedaitely PM when they go on sale.

Put me on this memo too.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Podunk wrote: »

Everything about Saints Row 3 is quality. I'm not even just saying that. Basically every single thing you can put into this game is pure fun.

At this price no question.

...but for most bang for your buck, it's Gangstas in Space and Trouble with Clones mission pack. They're short, and thier unlocks are so-so but very fun.

and if you haven't already, you need to get Idolninja's Gentlemen of Steelport mod, that adds oh so many amazing things, like mission replay and breaking many of the sliders to create truly hideous monstrosities.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I want to make sure I understand something about the SR3 DLC.

None of the new goodies you get (spaceships, super powers, etc.) come back with you to the main game, do they? Because that's what I really want.

Some of them sound interesting, but I dunno if I want to fork over more money for extra missions that just keep all the goodies locked in a box. When you give me a sandbox, I want you to dump a shitload of toys in front of me and say "go play." SR3 seems to have plenty of that already, and I'd gladly pay for more honestly, but I dislike arbitrary barriers out of principle.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    Also, more people should buy The Darkness II.

If only to reward the developers for making the multiplayer co-op characters a UN Mod Squad of ethnic and cultural stereotypes.

• Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I don't know if this is classy or evil!
    @Blackbird SR-71C sent me Batman Arkham City: Harley Quinn's Revenge. Which is DLC for Batman Arkham City.

I don't even own Batman Arkham City! It's both classy AND evil!

He's a moustache twirling gentleman!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    Man, I really really like Tropico 3. Is Tropico 4 worth the $8 if I love 3 or is it mostly unchanged from 3?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Also for those completionists, Serious Sam Legend of the Beast DLC is up for sale. It's the new DLC that was released when SSHD:TSE went free-to-play for it's multiplayer component. Reviews seem to be mixed on it though...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea what the badges are for? I figure we're all expecting some sorta ARG...

Badges are for showing off how amazing you are.

• Options
    TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    So would anyone be willing to trade for a Battlefield 3 code I will never use for say... The Walking dead? Shoot me a pm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    I was never interested in the walking dead games before, but after reading about them I kind of am. It talks about making decisions in the game that impact the story? Can someone give me an example without spoiling part of the story?

Steam: offday
This discussion has been closed.