As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Website Suggestion] Open links in new tab

megnanimousmegnanimous Registered User regular
Looking through the forums I see a lot of posts about CSS and the like that give me the sense there are devs here, so I realize in posting this that I'm risking repeating someone else.

Does it bug anyone else that none of the links in the PA main site open in a new tab? Could we maybe get a little target="_blank" action up in here?

Maybe I'm just sensitive to this as a dev, but from a basic user standpoint, I find myself annoyed that I always either have to go "back" to the PA site, or try to remember that none of the links will open in a new tab so I need to right click and do the extra work myself.

megnanimous on

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Middle-click? Shift-click?

Not opening in a new window is a good default, because it doesn't force it upon the user.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    just click on a link with your middle mouse button

it will cut your link clicking down by 50%

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Also ctrl+click

• Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Best practice is to let users open links how they want to.

target="_blank" is bad, because it forces an action on a user that they might not want.

edit* Balls beat'd by Echo.

Afty on