As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ping Pong tourney + Photoshop = Madness!

dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community CartographerGold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
edited March 2007 in Artist's Corner
I pose a challenge to you all. Most of you have probably already seen the PA vs. Sucker Punch Ping Pong Tourney pics. Well, lots of them in there were just begging to be photoshopped! I'm a photoshop n00b, sure, in fact, the only reason I even know how to use it is from PAX demonstrations by Gabe. But, here's what I've done, can you do better?

Khoo battling the ball with his middle finger alone:
khoohatesballca5.jpg

Khoo doing what he does best, being cool!
khoocranejq3.jpg

Gabe stepping the game up to another level:
gabebulletie3.jpg

Tycho's packing a little something extra!
tychogottaknifeoe7.jpg

Tycho's view on animal cruelty:
tychohamsterds7.jpg

Let's see what you guys can do.

a.k.a. dya
"Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
dyaballikl on

• Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Oh, I think photomanipulation it's that hot in AC. And they're not that funny either.

For the first pic: If you can't paint almost photorealistically it is best not to mess the hands like that. You can use a another photo and replace the part maybe? Then blend the part to the rest of the picture.

no_toast on
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    First one is terrible. Second one isn't lit right. Third one is.... what did you do besides copy+pasting? Angle of the knife in #4 is off.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Maybe seeing a bunch of awesome photoshops at SA have ruined me, but these all look like utter shit.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    DarkfishDarkfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I like the last one, just because of the face he's making.

Darkfish on
    hyrulesig1ui.png
  • Options
    The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    FOTOSHAWP
    invisikhoowr4.jpg

The_Rat on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    now THAT is Photoshop excellence. I love photo manipulations.

OP: try to figure out how the figures are being lit, and what the general palette of colors are in the photos. You need to apply those same principles to the things you add in to the pictures, otherwise it's not convincing at all.

That being said, these need work, quite a lot.

Other things to consider:
    --sharpness of an image
    --image grain

...The first one is pretty bad - why have those black lines at all? Do you see any black lines around fingers anywhere? You really need to pay attention to stuff like that.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    The_RatThe_Rat Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Your friend= lassoo+clone tool (at least for removing things from an image). Just find other parts of an image that would fill a space well and copy them over and blend it in. That's what I did for that image.

The_Rat on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    overninethousand.jpg

uber skillz

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited March 2007
    Ok, that's about enough of this shite. I was hoping for something good but it's not like there was a great deal of material to do some really good photo manipulation.

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.