Options

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    i always get mahal and khali mixed up

they're both shit though so it's an easy mistake

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    At least Big Zeke hasn't been stinking up the joint.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's hard to stink up a joint you're rarely ever on.

• Options
    A bunch of great matches, plus Aces & Eights continues to excite.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    I....I don't know what's going on here.

Slightly NSFW BOLA promo from Davey Richards and Kyle ORLY.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    I....I don't know what's going on here.

Slightly NSFW BOLA promo from Davey Richards and Kyle ORLY.

I want to laugh at the ending, but both Richards and ORLY seem so out of their element. I still found it funny though, and quite bizarre.

• Options
    So Kenny King is teaming with Aries next week on Impact. Yeah I think he made the right choice in jumping ship.

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

IWA: Deep South makes IWA: Mid-South look like CZW and makes CZW look like ROH.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Maffew really needs to tone down the Sin Cara bashing a bit. Mocking his botches are fine but to say he's a awful wrestler? Come on.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Maffew really needs to tone down the Sin Cara bashing a bit. Mocking his botches are fine but to say he's a awful wrestler? Come on.
    Especially when the only real botch involving Cara was entirely Ziggler's fault (unless the sunset flip has somehow become a huge botch). Pretty stupid and dickish really.

The editing in that episode wasn't that great. A couple of his subtitles popped up for less than a second, so were pretty easy to miss.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Yeah after watching that spot it was pretty clearly Ziggler at fault. I hope his bitching about it doesn't screw over Cara that much but with the reports of the front office liking him and the top guys wanting to work with him I could see him developing some political power. Of course he deserves his big push but don't fuck up a career over something that was your own fault.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Yeah, about that...

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Yeah, about that...

Quiet you.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »

Yeah, about that...

He's not even the worst in WWE. Not while Tensai is there.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Wow I totally forgot about RVD doing that.

• Options
    Khali and Zeke are a hundred times worse than Tensai.

• Options
    So there are at least 3 people worse than Sin Cara.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Tensai's not even a bad wrestler. He got a good match out of Sheamus a few weeks ago.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    Tensai is best in a tag setting and I hope WWE realizes that. Part of me hopes they'll bring in Karl Anderson just so Dyvim can shoot his tv Elvis style.

• Options
    Tensai is best in a tag setting and I hope WWE realizes that. Part of me hopes they'll bring in Karl Anderson just so Dyvim can shoot his tv Elvis style.

Screw Dyvim, I will shoot my tv Elvis style.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    If Karl Anderson is ever on TV, even signed by TNA, I will toss my TV off the top of a building.

• Options
    Well of course I'm not saying that he's the worst, we already covered the fact that Jinder Mahal is the worst.
    I am saying that I believe he isn't very good though.

• Options
    So I'm assuming you all disagree with the Observer voting Anderson and Tensai tag team of the year in 2011?

Honestly though, from what I've seen of Anderson I don't think he's that bad. Certainly have seen worse.

• Options
    I'd be upset

if the Observer were ever anything that earned my attention or respect

• Options
    So I'm assuming you all disagree with the Observer voting Anderson and Tensai tag team of the year in 2011?

Honestly though, from what I've seen of Anderson I don't think he's that bad. Certainly have seen worse.

What. The. Fuck?

Like, Bad Intentions weren't even a bad tag team, you know? Certainly better than TenKoji and the Amazing Land Whales. However the best tag team of any point in any period of time? Naw dog. Not even close.
    If the Observer mattered in the slightest I would be concerned that they held this opinion.

• Options
    Young Bucks should be the Tag Team of the Year every year.

Except this year is the year of the Smash Bros.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    Speaking of Khali, he's done for at least two months:
    The Great Khali (Dalip Singh) has had a tumor removed from his pituitary gland at UPMC in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, reports TribLive News. Here is an excerpt from the article explaining the procedure:

"The tumor removed during a four-hour procedure on Wednesday led to the growth spurt that caused Singh to achieve a height of 7 feet, 1 inch and a weight of 347 pounds, according to UPMC neurosurgeon Dr. Joseph Maroon, who led the surgical team.

Maroon said Thursday the tumor causes a condition called acromegaly, which can be fatal if left untreated."

It is expected that it will take Khali around two to three months to recover.

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    Oh man they removed the source of his power

He's going to come back at a 5'9" guy with a huge chin

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I'm just trying to fathom what happens to Khali's stats in EWR if he gets injured. Would he have like, negative 20 in speed and technical?

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Naa42j9jFE&feature=player_embedded

And suddenly I like TJ Perkins. This is a weird feeling.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
  • Options
    "When I wrestled as Ronin."
    I laughed harder than I probably should've done at that part.

Come over to the Dark Side Nirya, if enough of us support him he might even bring back his emo gimmick and tag team with Hook Bomberry...wait.

Seriously though, there is no rational reason to dislike The Perk. And by that I really mean that I refuse to listen to any of the rational reasons to dislike TJ Perkins.

• Options
    Full NXT spoilers for whenever they'll air:
    Dark Match: Bo Dallas beat Dean Ambrose with a quick roll-up. That didn't well with a very loud, pro-Ambrose crowd.

Episode 1 taping

(1) Antonio Cesaro beat Derrick Bateman.

(2) Tamina beat Sofia Cortez with a Superfly Splash. Good actual wrestling match.

(3) Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) squashed Jake Carter. After the match, he hit multiple rolling elbows, but Richie Steamboat made the save.

(4) Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel beat Michael McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis. Kinda botchy and fast, but the crowd was into it.

There was a face-off between Seth Rollins and Jinder Mahal for "next week" to promote their NXT Title match. Good promos and very intense, which turned into a pullapart brawl. Both men vowed to win.

Episode 2 taping

(1) Hunico & Camacho beat Mike Dalton & Jason Jordan.

The Usos called out The Ascension. Ascension's music hit to distract the Usos, but the Ascension came through the crowd and beat them senseless.

(2) Big E. squashed Chase Donnovan.

Jinder's headgear box was brought out, which meant title match time.

(3) Seth Rollins beat Jinder Mahal to become inaugural NXT champion. The Fink came out to handle ring introductions to give this a really big-time feel. The crowd was pumped. Rollins eventually won with the Black-out after a tremendous 20 minutes. Even Jinder was in top form and Rollins was as good as ever.

Seth cried after winning. Triple H, Dusty Rhodes, and The Fink embraced him on the stage. The entire roster then emerged to carry Seth to the back on his shoulders.

Episode 3 taping

(1) Brodus Clay beat a jobber.

WWE announced they return to Fail Sail on August 9.

(2) Richie Steamboat beat Kassius Ohno via DQ. Ohno was too aggressive the ropes, drawing the DQ. Ricky Steamboat then helped Richie to the back after more brutalization by Ohno.

(3) Paige beat Audrey with a DDT.

(4) Leo Kruger beat Percy Watson.

Jim Ross interviewed Seth Rollins about his NXT Title win without an interruption.

(5) The Ascension beat The Usos. Not bad, but it dragged.

Bonus Match: Big Show beat Alex Riley with the WMD. Both men got great reactions even though Show is heel. They're wasting Riley by not using him on TV, as the crowd is always hot for him. And, that's it. Another good taping.

So Mahal suddenly became not awful at these tapings? I'll believe it when I see it.

• Options
    Figures that it would take somebody like Tyler Black to get a great match out of Jinder Mahal.

• Options
    Black's wrestling skill I will never doubt.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm really excited about this news. Also they said there was a good promo between the two?

• Options
    Full NXT spoilers for whenever they'll air:
    Dark Match: Bo Dallas beat Dean Ambrose with a quick roll-up. That didn't well with a very loud, pro-Ambrose crowd.

Episode 1 taping

(1) Antonio Cesaro beat Derrick Bateman.

(2) Tamina beat Sofia Cortez with a Superfly Splash. Good actual wrestling match.

(3) Kassius Ohno (Chris Hero) squashed Jake Carter. After the match, he hit multiple rolling elbows, but Richie Steamboat made the save.

(4) Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel beat Michael McGillicutty & Johnny Curtis. Kinda botchy and fast, but the crowd was into it.

There was a face-off between Seth Rollins and Jinder Mahal for "next week" to promote their NXT Title match. Good promos and very intense, which turned into a pullapart brawl. Both men vowed to win.

Episode 2 taping

(1) Hunico & Camacho beat Mike Dalton & Jason Jordan.

The Usos called out The Ascension. Ascension's music hit to distract the Usos, but the Ascension came through the crowd and beat them senseless.

(2) Big E. squashed Chase Donnovan.

Jinder's headgear box was brought out, which meant title match time.

(3) Seth Rollins beat Jinder Mahal to become inaugural NXT champion. The Fink came out to handle ring introductions to give this a really big-time feel. The crowd was pumped. Rollins eventually won with the Black-out after a tremendous 20 minutes. Even Jinder was in top form and Rollins was as good as ever.

Seth cried after winning. Triple H, Dusty Rhodes, and The Fink embraced him on the stage. The entire roster then emerged to carry Seth to the back on his shoulders.

Episode 3 taping

(1) Brodus Clay beat a jobber.

WWE announced they return to Fail Sail on August 9.

(2) Richie Steamboat beat Kassius Ohno via DQ. Ohno was too aggressive the ropes, drawing the DQ. Ricky Steamboat then helped Richie to the back after more brutalization by Ohno.

(3) Paige beat Audrey with a DDT.

(4) Leo Kruger beat Percy Watson.

Jim Ross interviewed Seth Rollins about his NXT Title win without an interruption.

(5) The Ascension beat The Usos. Not bad, but it dragged.

Bonus Match: Big Show beat Alex Riley with the WMD. Both men got great reactions even though Show is heel. They're wasting Riley by not using him on TV, as the crowd is always hot for him. And, that's it. Another good taping.

So Mahal suddenly became not awful at these tapings? I'll believe it when I see it.

NXT thoughts and musings, because why not?
    Mahal is working with a solid talent who has an exciting style, literally all he has to do is keep up the pace and Black will do the rest until they actually need to use psychology, then it will all fall to pieces I assume.
    P.S I still hate Tyler Black.

Curtis & Bateman should be a regular tag team. Bring back the fun "chicks & America" Bateman and keep Curtis as the super literal, incredibly creepy guy and just have them run as a great little odd couple team and see what kind of mileage they can get out of it. Certainly couldn't be worse than the fucking Ascension.

Speaking of which why are the Usos putting these clowns over? The Usos have a solid look, good heritage, are decent in the ring and actually kind of underrated on the mic. I'd love somebody to give me a good explanation why they're the ones getting the short thrift out of a feud with a penniless man's Brood.

Hero vs Steamboat is such a good idea for a feud. Hero plays a great heel and Steamboat is a brilliant face. Plus Hero is a superb talent in general and if there are any holes in Steamboat's game then he's the perfect guy to mask them.
    Honestly can't express how excited I am at the prospect of this being a thing.

That Tyson Kidd/Justin Gabriel team is sure an exciting thing. It's just a shame it's not the Tyson Kidd/Trent Barreta team that Kidd originally wanted it to be.
    :(

Leo Kruger still has a job? Ugh.

• Options
  • Options
    For a brief second I hoped the guy twirling fire was MF Doom, then I realised that it pretty clearly wasn't MF Doom, and I was deeply saddened that I was now watching an ICP video with no chance of anything good happening.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Lux wrote: »
    Oh man they removed the source of his power

He's going to come back at a 5'9" guy with a huge chin

Magnanimous_2.jpg

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    that song is terrible

which means it should disappear quickly

This discussion has been closed.