Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Wrestling] Note: Brock Lesnar died on his way to his home planet

12357100

Posts

  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    So far the Smackdown spoilers are only half-way done due to the show being in California this week.

    And now we have full spoilers:
    Booker T, Michael Cole, and Josh Mathews came out for commentary. Cole has new music. Lilian Garcia was the ring announcer. The ending of the Sheamus vs. Alberto Del Rio match from Money in the Bank was shown...

    Rey Mysterio made his entrance and they replayed his segment from Raw with Alberto Del Rio. Mysterio cut a promo. Rey was in his hometown to announce that he's back. Del Rio and Ricardo came out without a car to cut him off. Del Rio accused him of being a chihuahua and said he took Mysterio out.

    Del Rio is upset at Sheamus for beating him at Money in the Bank. Dolph Ziggler came out to say he will be the next World Heavyweight Champion. He's upset at Del Rio for thwarting his cash in on Sunday. Rey Mysterio interrupted their argument and suggested they fight. Ziggler said they should. Sheamus entered.

    Sheamus awkwardly hugged Mysterio and called him fella. Sheamus and Mysterio were ready to fight. Del Rio left. Ziggler almost took a 619, but Vickie saved him. Solid opening segment. I'm guessing we get a tag match tonight...

    1. The Primetime Players (w/A.W.) and Hunico and Camacho defeated Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Epico, and Primo. Darren Young pinned Primo (or Epico) after he fell off the top rope onto Young's knees.

    Big Show hit the ring and said he was there to demolish the tag division. He hit everyone and double chokeslammed Hunico and Camacho. He delivered a promo in which he said, "And...what?" and left. That seemed unnecessary...

    A Raw 1000 vignette with Jeremy Piven was shown. Long live SummerFest...

    The aforementioned tag match main event with Sheamus and Mysterio vs. Del Rio and Ziggler will happen tonight... A Tout commercial aired...

    2. Damien Sandow defeated Zack Ryder. Sandow said we were embarrassing ourselves by supporting Ryder. Ryder attacked him, then the match started. Sandow over Ryder with his neckbreaker.

    The Peep Show was up next. Christian came out. He said that bizarre was taken to a whole new level, then showed a recap of Daniel Bryan and AJ on Raw. Bryan and AJ entered. Bryan held the ropes for her. The wedding planning is apparently going well, then we saw a clip of them planning. It was delightful and silly.

    Christian asked Bryan if he was sure he was doing the right thing. Bryan said yes. AJ said she has forgiven Bryan. Christian asked if this was true love. They said yes, then the crowd chanted yes.

    Christian asked the crowd if they should get married, which they chanted a yes/no mixture for. Christian asked the crowd if they thought Bryan and AJ knew what they were doing. They answered with yes/no. He asked if AJ knew what she was doing, she slapped Christian.

    They went to leave and Christian announced that AJ has a psychotic ex that Bryan would be facing right now. Cue Kane to enter for a match...

    3. Kane defeated Daniel Bryan (w/A.J.) by DQ. A.J. tried to interfere, which led to Bryan being disqualified. After the match, A.J. nearly kissed Kane, but she declined doing so. Bryan and A.J. kissed on the ramp in front of Kane. This could be the start of a program.

    Heath Slater is out. They replayed his Raw 1000 package. He said that the one man band is on Smackdown, baby. His luck is about to change because he said it's going to. Road Warrior Animal entered to make sure that didn't happen...

    4. Road Warrior Animal defeated Heath Slater. Animal won with a powerslam and an elbow drop. Fun stuff...

    Vickie Guerrero yelled at Ricardo about being called a donkey earlier in the night. A comedy segment that was almost funny.

    Slater is tired of the legends and challenges anyone to come get him out of the ring. Triple H's music hit. You know how this goes. Pedigree. Crowd pops huge. Done.

    5. Sheamus and Rey Mysterio defeated Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler by DQ. Mysterio wore new gear - black pants with one white stripe and yellow lettering that say 619. There's a shirt attached with just one question mark on it. Fun look, since he seems to have lost weight.

    Mysterio sold for most of the match before making a hot tag to Sheamus. Ricardo interfered by grabbing Sheamus, which set up for the Brogue Kick. There was a DQ finish with Mysterio and Sheamus winning, technically.

    Del Rio attacked Sheamus post-match. Ziggler looked as if he was about to cash in when Mysterio kicked him, then hit the 619. Sheamus hit the Brogue kick on Ziggler. Sheamus and Mysterio celebrated to end Smackdown.

    Only 5 matches so hopefully me might see Cara/Drew or the mixed tag match with Claudio and Santino.

    wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If the ring was set up for Superstars during either of thos matches, you won't see em on SD.

    Also, Kane gets to bust up another wedding, how nice.

  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    not looking forward to another however many months of endless tout promotion

    NREqxl5.jpg
    do you lack faith, brother?
    or do you believe?
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    I don't remember this promo, but it made me laugh.

    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    When did they start hating Canada so much? Was it after they made up with Bret? Because when he was on the outs, things ranged from decent to great.


    Ah, but you see, that was before Bret and WWE made up. Things were great then!

    Also, that was classic.
    Spooch wrote: »
    Dude if I want to watch Raw live I have to stay up 2 til 4am, which I only do these days because I've no job to get up to the next morning. You don't have it so bad mate ;)

    True, though I'm not even getting to see it live, and that's my main gripe. ;P

    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • HawkstoneHawkstone The state of intoxicationRegistered User regular
    Prowrestling.com had a headline that TNA signed Aries to a long term deal today. Link is broke...so I have no idea what long term means, but good for them. Another solid decision for a company that has made very few in the past. It looks like they are finally heading towards being the company they should have been 5 years ago. To bad Alex Shelly left just as heads were slowly pulling away from rectums.

    Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    He specialises in groups. Battling gangs for local charities, that kind of thing.

    ...this is a Princess Bride reference, isn't it?

  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    He specialises in groups. Battling gangs for local charities, that kind of thing.

    :^:

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    Finally back from my internet-deprived vacation. -_-"

    How was MITB? Anything significant happen?

  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    kingworks wrote: »
    Finally back from my internet-deprived vacation. -_-"

    How was MITB? Anything significant happen?

    Dolph and Cena won the WHT and WWE title matches, respectively. Dolph seems to be moving into a feud with Jericho now which should be great and Cena said he'll cash in on the 1,000th Raw on Monday against Punk.

    Oh and Daniel Bryan and AJ are going to be married on the same show which has Michelanvalo ready to shoot someone.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    kingworks wrote: »
    Finally back from my internet-deprived vacation. -_-"

    How was MITB? Anything significant happen?

    Dolph and Cena won the WHT and WWE title matches, respectively. Dolph seems to be moving into a feud with Jericho now which should be great and Cena said he'll cash in on the 1,000th Raw on Monday against Punk.

    Oh and Daniel Bryan and AJ are going to be married on the same show which has Michelanvalo ready to shoot someone.

    Actually Dolph and Cena won the WHT and WWE MITB matches respectively, while Sheamus and Punk retained their belts.

    Punk vs. D-Bry was awesome.

  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    - For those wondering if three hour Raws will mean more wrestling, it doesn't seem that way. At this time, WWE is planning to fill the additional hour of Raw with 75% social media related content and 25% traditional Raw content.

    Credit: WrestlingObserver.com via wrestlezone.com

    If this turns out to be true (although the bolded part might indicate massive bullshit) I actually don't mind it so long as the wrestlers get more interview time which is just as important as ring time. But this report contradicts a previous report a few months ago so who knows. We'll find out for sure I guess on the Raw after the 1,000th episode.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

    I imagine if they found out that people on the Internet hated it, they'd be more likely to do it.

    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    If they treat the first hour like a preview show with a few matches thrown in I'm fine with that.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MagellMagell Sphinx! Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

    I imagine if they found out that people on the Internet hated it, they'd be more likely to do it.

    Maybe they'll just make their show all about social media and then put the wrestling on the internet, and then I could be happy.

  • 411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

    I imagine if they found out that people on the Internet hated it, they'd be more likely to do it.

    Maybe they'll just make their show all about social media and then put the wrestling on the internet, and then I could be happy.

    The worst part is, knowing that at some point, somebody in WWE has put this idea forward, and the whole world held its breath while Vince thought about it.

    Even I don't know if I'm kidding.

    1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

    I imagine if they found out that people on the Internet hated it, they'd be more likely to do it.

    Maybe they'll just make their show all about social media and then put the wrestling on the internet, and then I could be happy.

    The worst part is, knowing that at some point, somebody in WWE has put this idea forward, and the whole world held its breath while Vince thought about it.

    Even I don't know if I'm kidding.

    Well some arguments could be made that all television will be phased out in our lifetimes and replaced with internet streaming only.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    What I want to know is why they think social media (christ I despise that term) is THAT important in the world, sure it gets the name out, and poeple notice it, but most people watching wrestling already probably don't give a flying fuck about it and people who don't watch wrestling are highly unlikely to be persuaded to watch it because of the "social advertising". Like is anybody actually excited by the introduction of Tout?

    And why do they take so much pride in having more followers than "Espn and Nfl" or whatever silly statistic they come up with, it's all BOLLOX

    /rant

    Spooch on
    Assuming direct control O-O
  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    411Randle wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »
    Someone should explain to them that if you put social media stuff on tv it's not really social media anymore, it's just television. And also I hate it.

    I imagine if they found out that people on the Internet hated it, they'd be more likely to do it.

    Maybe they'll just make their show all about social media and then put the wrestling on the internet, and then I could be happy.

    The worst part is, knowing that at some point, somebody in WWE has put this idea forward, and the whole world held its breath while Vince thought about it.

    Even I don't know if I'm kidding.

    Well some arguments could be made that all television will be phased out in our lifetimes and replaced with internet streaming only.

    Depends on how loosely you define "television."

    With Comcast raping me to the tune of $120 a month, I don't think they will be eager to stop pumping.

  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    WWE is currently considering creating a social media show once the WWE Network launches. The idea for the show would be similar to the old WWF Livewire show, which aired on Saturday's.

    The company is also interested in turning one of the weekly YouTube show into a 30-minute WWE Network program.

  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    The reason that WWE keeps putting out nonsense stats like that is that the WWE is desperate to appear mainstream and relevant

  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    WWE is currently considering creating a social media show once the WWE Network launches. The idea for the show would be similar to the old WWF Livewire show, which aired on Saturday's.

    The company is also interested in turning one of the weekly YouTube show into a 30-minute WWE Network program.

    See that kind of stuff I don't mind since it's not on the main shows.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    It's not on the main shows.

    It's only on a special network they're trying to convince people to pay money for.

  • CyrondinCyrondin I bring the sick beats on you, brother Chicago, ILRegistered User
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    WWE is currently considering creating a social media show once the WWE Network launches. The idea for the show would be similar to the old WWF Livewire show, which aired on Saturday's.

    The company is also interested in turning one of the weekly YouTube show into a 30-minute WWE Network program.

    See that kind of stuff I don't mind since it's not on the main shows.

    and i know the NFL network do reports on tweets all the time and not just with chad 85. hell i remember one time there was a tweet from lebron james on the nfl network. so i can see then doing a show on the tweets of punk or zack.

  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    It's not on the main shows.

    It's only on a special network they're trying to convince people to pay money for.

    It's like one hour out of 23. They need all the original programming they can get.

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    That article is shit. LiveWire aired on Sunday mornings on USA.

    Superstars was Saturday mornings.

  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Still no official word on Kharma's WWE status but sources say she is no longer with the company. She remains on the WWE Alumni roster. Kharma reportedly told friends that WWE wasn't sure what to do with her and told her that they were going to give her time to clear her head but the door was wide open for her return.

  • SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    The WWE network will be shambolic and a complete and utter disaster

    Assuming direct control O-O
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Spooch wrote: »
    The WWE network will be shambolic and a complete and utter disaster

    So you can see the future huh?

    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • MichelanvaloMichelanvalo Registered User regular
    Spooch wrote: »
    The WWE network will be shambolic and a complete and utter disaster

    Oh of course it will. The question is, will it be profitable?

    Because that's the only reason WWE Films is still around. The movies suck but they turn a profit.

  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    I can't honestly fathom a way in which the Network becomes profitable.

  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    All I know is if they offer 3/4 of their ppv's on the network I am ordering it without hesitation. I wouldn't even care what most of the other programming was, because I'd still be saving money.

  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    All I know is if they offer 3/4 of their ppv's on the network I am ordering it without hesitation. I wouldn't even care what most of the other programming was, because I'd still be saving money.

    Exactly, which is why that idea can't work for them.

  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    Anybody who thinks the WWE Network will be a success in any way is taking some good drugs.

    Any network that takes years to make, keeps getting its launch date pushed back, and boasts about having tons of archive footage and original programming to air only to decide to air Youtube shows in half-hour format over that archive footage, is not going to become profitable, or successful, or long-lasting.

    Sweeney Tom on
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    LTM wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    All I know is if they offer 3/4 of their ppv's on the network I am ordering it without hesitation. I wouldn't even care what most of the other programming was, because I'd still be saving money.

    Exactly, which is why that idea can't work for them.

    Ssshhh!

    I'm trying to save money here.

  • KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    They will have 24 hours of programming to fill. That means they have tons of chances to put up both archive footage, do youtube shows, air movies their wrestlers have been in, run documentaries, make new original programming (like the legends house thing), and possibly still have time left over.

    Just remember, The Asylum, who specializes in mockbusters and really, really bad scifi original B movies is also profitable. So being profitable in the straight to video market isn't hard. It is, however, the first venture out of wrestling that has turned any kind of profit for Vince.

    They said they are putting 3/4s of the PPVs on the WWE network. Is that when they originally air, or are they going to be free like a week/month later?

    KurnDerak on
  • LTMLTM Registered User regular
    They should bring back the XFL, only do it right this time, since they won't have to worry about finding a network to air it.

  • Sir Headless VIISir Headless VII Registered User regular
    Spooch wrote: »
    What I want to know is why they think social media (christ I despise that term) is THAT important in the world, sure it gets the name out, and poeple notice it, but most people watching wrestling already probably don't give a flying fuck about it and people who don't watch wrestling are highly unlikely to be persuaded to watch it because of the "social advertising". Like is anybody actually excited by the introduction of Tout?

    And why do they take so much pride in having more followers than "Espn and Nfl" or whatever silly statistic they come up with, it's all BOLLOX

    /rant

    Its the same things that make it valuable to any company. People are easily influenced by what their friends do and what their friends like and social media is a easy way of telling the world that your friends like WWE. In short people who don't watch wrestling are significantly more likely to be persuaded to watch it because of the "social advertising". If you think people see lots of people (or a group of their friends) talking about something and don't think to myself "I wonder what I am missing" you are wrong. Aside from that social media has a proven history of helping people get over. CM Punk's "I left WWE with the title" story-line would have been much less interesting without twitter , Zack Ryder was made on the internet and sold tons of merch because of it.

    Steam - Backpack - Bnet: SirHeadless #1154
    7KEFduI.jpg
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    The Asylum isn't a 24 hour cable TV network. That's not even close to a good comparison.

This discussion has been closed.