As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Forum Battle 2012

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    bunch of arts of battle ready forumers being ready for battle

was cool

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    could you link me to one or something

• Options
    nateknatek unh unh Registered User regular
    I will forever be 0-2

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Personal opinion

I'd only support another forum battle if was limited in the types of submissions that can be given. When you've got the skill and computing power to deliver complex animations every few days, there's not much of a chance for somebody who is putting all of their effort into the written word or a couple of hand drawn sketches.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Also get off of my lawn.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    GodDAMNIT, I was so excited. I think I could win one round this time, and not just by default!

Probably not two rounds, though.

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    natek wrote: »
    I will forever be 0-2

haha I am forever tickled by this

the amusement only slightly outweighs the shame I feel for taking pleasure in your misfortune though

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Nogs wrote: »
    hahah

the website is still up that i made. i don't remember renewing it or the hosting plan ever. huh

http://dailycornet.com/

Ahahaha goddammit

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

On my phone right now

I'll try to find them later

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »

On my phone right now

I'll try to find them later

it's not a big deal

that'd be cool, though

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    SON of a

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    Personal opinion

I'd only support another forum battle if was limited in the types of submissions that can be given. When you've got the skill and computing power to deliver complex animations every few days, there's not much of a chance for somebody who is putting all of their effort into the written word or a couple of hand drawn sketches.

Sorry but that is a dumb opinion.

Good written entries tend to do pretty well, and lol if you think everyone submitting a couple of hand-drawn sketches would be more fun than the crazy shit that we currently get.

broken image link
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    Kanye west taught me SELF ESTEEM

Yeezy taught me

Good post

lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    Like Tubes name changes, whats the deal with that?

You mean Tube's name change to Lewie P's Stepdad, or the coinflip name changes he did on occasion?

Tubes own name changes, like tube the white and LP's stepdad.

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Personal opinion

But people like the complex animations and battling splendor. Maybe if there were separate competitions, with a minor league system where more people are encouraged to melee it out.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Ahahahaha

Oh man

Good thread to wake up to

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Personal opinion

But people like the complex animations and battling splendor. Maybe if there were separate competitions, with a minor league system where more people are encouraged to melee it out.

Underground loser's bracket.

• Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    Personal opinion

Sorry but that is a dumb opinion.

Good written entries tend to do pretty well, and lol if you think everyone submitting a couple of hand-drawn sketches would be more fun than the crazy shit that we currently get.

Yeah. Source Film Maker alone would probably make this a glorious competition. I can't even imagine.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I can maybe understand where @Weaver is coming from.

At a certain point short films can't logistically compete against something like animation.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    yeh but if you limit what you can do then the forum battles get boring and stale and everyone is just doing the same sorta stuff

if that was the case you wouldn't have had pipes metal sign videos or your stuff

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    also @butler got to round 3 with written word CYOA stuff so Weaver saying they can't stand up is arguably false

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Personal opinion

Underground loser's bracket.

hahaha <3

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    I can maybe understand where @Weaver is coming from.

At a certain point short films can't logistically compete against something like animation.

A great comic can beat out something animated but doesn't have much in the way of entertaining content. To be serious about this.

Also, there's totally a new tool available for future Forum Battles: the Valve movie maker thing.

• Options
    I do finally have something I think I can do competently for these, so I'm ready when they happen

• Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    If people want to make great entries with the tools at their disposal let them. I wanna see good entries not hinder them so everyone can feel nice and included

• Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    natek wrote: »
    I will forever be 0-2

Yeah...

xet8c.gif

• Options
    what the dog said

• Options
    I think with my next entries I'm just going to do big-ass artworks. No sketches, no comics, just go at it with ink and brush.

• Options
    paint yourself

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    One day I will join in a forum battle. But that day is not today.

• Options
    Legba wrote: »

I've always wanted to join in on it but I need to develop a skill and joke telling ability. So far the latter is utter shit.

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    While I am super competitive and love winning.

I am also secretly relieved that I have never gotten through the first round.

They are like, a lot of effort.

Now that I'm out of <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">college</a> I really doubt I could ever really produce something well.

I don't have enough friends in this city anymore to complete my ultimate battle entry against you.

God damn, it would have been glorious.

• Options
    paint yourself

No way man! I ain't going the way of Yves Klein!

• Options
    2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, I forgot how far I made it last battle. That was a good time, but an immense amount of work.

I've got a lot more skill when it comes to video now, but I don't have all the loads of free time college provided me. It'd be a hell of a balancing act, but fuck, I'd do it anyway.

• Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Legba wrote: »

I've always wanted to join in on it but I need to develop a skill and joke telling ability. So far the latter is utter shit.

That's pretty much my problem too. I'm just a bit of an unfunny git.

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    This is a cruel, cruel thread Larlar.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Larlar wrote:
    Psych. Ha ha...oh, you thought...no. We still don't have polls yet.

Maybe next year.
    moustachebandit.gif

HAH, SUCK ON IT, ARTISTS

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I kinda want to make a tea thread. Probably because I've been drinking so much tea lately.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I kinda want to make a tea thread. Probably because I've been drinking so much tea lately.

I have a friend that makes awesome fancy tea blends. You should check it out.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    worst feeling.

first glimpse of this prank thread, and there's already 6 pages.

seriously, gonna be sick. aughh.

We'll get back there someday.