As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Save TF2

• Options
    FlatEricFlatEric Leaves from the vine, Falling so slow Like fragile, tiny shells, Drifting in the foamRegistered User regular
    I hope that cleaver is spammable since it goes in the secondary slot.
    Oh man I hope so

Sandman + cleaver scout forever

S80hoUu.jpg
    hDrW8.png
  • Options
    IsoldaeIsoldae Hats Off To JigglypuffRegistered User regular
    Sandman + Cleaver = OTP

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it's got an 8 second recharge :( you can have 3 things with charge gauges at once on scouts now.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    they gave pyro a weapon based on water and a heavy weapon based on fire

valve...

• Options
    ScolbertScolbert Registered User regular
    valves obviously working on a first person pokemon

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I love the name of the new map

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Koth_Aquifer_b2

bz2 here.

Change log:
    This is the height variation update.
    Drastically overhauled the center area. Former "basement" now repurposed and incorporated into top level. Former stairs and drop down re-used. A ton of huge changes to the center.
    Changed the buildings next to the center again. Should be more fun/ dynamic to play around now.
    Changed medium healthpacks back to small in the side buildings and adjusted location slightly.
    Widened platforms above CP.
    Increased the texture scale on water.

Pictures under spoiler
    Spoiler.jpg
    F740DE3835A10364B3C56311C70E835EF7FA18FA
    59ABFCB66FEDAE77BE6CEF90EA59EF26DCFDAD9F
    59ABFCB66FEDAE77BE6CEF90EA59EF26DCFDAD9F
    597198BCD54464F0EF57C4BCDAE501A1D154BE33
    54C92CB15EEE8C17662EE33A9798F2B662FCB7E7

• Options
    The meat cleaver cannot be spammed.

It has about half the recharge time of the sandman though.

180 damage when crit and around 60-80 damage when not.

xet8c.gif
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Grah why can't I play tf2 whyyyy

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    I need to have that minigun so bad

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Crash I like the new look of your map, and think you're going in the right direction with the changes you did, but now it feels too busy around the cap point. Also I did horribly as spy but that's more on me than the map.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I do really like the look of the lower level now

But the 3 stacked train crate things on top of each other look, well, pretty ugly now

My favorite thing about a lot of TF2 maps is how interestingly architectural they are, and there's parts of aquifer that have that, but other areas that feel very improbable video game architecture, if you know what I mean

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Star doesn't like the Dragon Gun, but I don't care, because I only use weapons for their looks and not their utility because I am bad.

• Options
    star hates heavies anyway

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    The new sapper is OP as shit.

It takes a level 3 sentry to level 1 in like a second.

Edit: which is faster than it takes a engineer to take off the sapper basically.

Isoldae on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    From the wiki;
    A downgraded building will not have its health reduced to the lower level, and if upgraded afterwards will take on an additional health increase. For example, when downgrading a level 3 Sentry to level 1, it will keep the 216 HP from the level 3 state and will keep gaining max HP when upgrading it again.

Attaching a regular Sapper on a Sentry Gun affected by this glitch will result in a server crash.

That's quite the bug there.

• Options
    Fantastic.

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    dragon gun could be nice for friendly pyros and scouts and maybe snipers who all have flame-friendly weapons, and it basically makes it that much harder to scout dance as well

machete will be especially good for FAN scouts who really want to harass from way back at enemy spawn but can't get close enough to do real damage, as it's finally a long range spike option

neon sign might be useful if facing reams of enemy pyros and dousers if it works with jarate and mad milk, and is a better humiliation kill for critting a sniper with his own jarate - in fact it's a better scenario because you don't need to use the flare/detonator or be right next to targets to prep them, which means you can probably afford not to have the degreaser.

Red tape recorder is super powerful and buggy right now with the instantaneous devolution of sentries to the point where an engie will not be able to prevent its total deconstruction if he engages the spy at all, and it will automatically downgrade the first level pretty much instantly, which makes it hugely better against sentry farms and freshly moved sentries and sentries shooting at another guy and basically every spy loadout ever, cause the sentry will basically be in build mode and not firing as long as you sap it every once in a while in sap war, since engies without a jag can't immediately make it start firing

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    balancing the tape recorder seems like a nightmare

too fast, it's OP as shit

too slow, totally useless

I feel like the sweetspot is a matter of tenths of a second.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    someone needs to tell star how to say guillotine

• Options
    I do like the idea of a way of spies to deal with obnoxious sentry nests, although demos usually can take care of that fine anyway, but immediately devolving to a lvl 2 sentry seems pretty brutal. It just seems to reward yet more unsubtle spy play.

• Options
    "gill-you-tai-n"

• Options
    sarukun wrote: »

the bigger issue is how it doesn't downgrade building health as well, and you keep the health upgrades with level upgrades, so you can theoretically get a saxton sentry that will crash the server if you double sap it

Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Paladin wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »

the bigger issue is how it doesn't downgrade building health as well, and you keep the health upgrades with level upgrades, so you can theoretically get a saxton sentry that will crash the server if you double sap it

Right, but that's a bug.

That has nothing to do with how the thing actually works.

I'm talking about, design wise, balancing that thing was/may-well-be-for-years-to-come a total nightmare.

Edit: But then they just left the Dead Ringer as is, so maybe they're like "nope, already fixed".

sarukun on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    spycicle + dead ringer + enforcer + red tape

the most dickish spy loadout ever

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I'm on your side this time, @Antimatter

where's out flame aura weapon, huh?

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited August 2012
    or flame anything, goddammit

give us a fiery shotty

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Dubh wrote: »

lol downgraded your sentry

lol nope can't burn me

lol nope can't kill me

It does seem like this new sapper is going even further in rewarding spies for not bothering to actually be sneaky or clever. Just run up, stick a sapper on, dead ringer and run away, over and over again. Won't even matter that everyone knows you're a spy

• Options
    Kana wrote: »

lol downgraded your sentry

lol nope can't burn me

lol nope can't kill me

It does seem like this new sapper is going even further in rewarding spies for not bothering to actually be sneaky or clever. Just run up, stick a sapper on, dead ringer and run away, over and over again. Won't even matter that everyone knows you're a spy

the consequence being that heavy rush is now more unstoppable than ever

• Options
    edited August 2012
    I feel like these items are designed to solve the problem of "everyone spy checks".

If you are up against a team of relentless spy checkers, I feel like the class is gimped, so they have all these tools to deal with that.

Of course, they're broken as shit for pub games, but I can top charts as a Heavy in pub games, so, I mean, commas, y'know?

sarukun on
  • Options
    well now you can spy check an entire hallway without moving

• Options
    I think the GRU would be hilarious if the heavy was lit aflame, in addition to the normal effects, with an aura to light up everyone around him.

C'mon, there's little fire marks on 'em.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    heavy is the new brainless engie nest guard

sit on a dispenser shitting fire

• Options
    I traded tf2 items for sleeping dogs

which got me more tf2 items

god bless america

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    it's about time the heavy had another layer of protection and reason to just sit in an engie nest, this will definitely make maps with major choke-points move more smoothly....

• Options
    Hmm

Is there anyone here with an Apparition's Aspect up for trade?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dubh_PA/inventory/

There's my junk. Tell me what you would like in exchange.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Hmm

Is there anyone here with an Apparition's Aspect up for trade?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dubh_PA/inventory/

There's my junk. Tell me what you would like in exchange.

Don't trade it to Dubh, trade it to me!

• Options
    I'm on your side this time, @Antimatter

where's out flame aura weapon, huh?
    pyro twins unite
    form of... a bucket of fire

shape of...a dragon

or flame anything, goddammit

give us a fiery shotty