As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, July 23, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 12: Gamer Marketing

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub
image[PATV] Monday, July 23, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 12: Gamer Marketing

When making something you want gamers to buy, make sure it's super shiny and ridiculous.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    ljackstarljackstar Registered User new member
    Checkpoint should always activate gamer mode!

Also, I like this coming out at 2:30am, fun to watch before bed

• Options
    PinPrickNachoMancyPinPrickNachoMancy Registered User regular
    I do like boobs.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I DEMAND MORE LENS FLARE.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    WolvenSpectreWolvenSpectre Saskatchewan, CanadaRegistered User regular
    That gamer mode on the laptop does strangely remind me of a boob.

Also as a ESDF Player it is bad enough having to remap every game but yet another keybord that is lighting up/replacing the wrong keys.

Also for Checkpoint Gamer Mode it would be even better if you added the Transforming sound from Transformers and a high pitched electric guitar riff man!

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    If they removed the animations, lights, and general stupidity from the "gamer mode" and instead replaced it with a program that turned off as many background programs as possible, and overclocked your hardware while increasing fan speed. Then it'd still be meh

• Options
    TleilaxuTleilaxu Registered User regular
    That gamer mode on the laptop does strangely remind me of a boob.

Also as a ESDF Player it is bad enough having to remap every game but yet another keybord that is lighting up/replacing the wrong keys.

Betcha they also only anti-ghost the WASD keys on that thing, too. So fucking irritating.

Yay silly hats!

checkpointangrybirds.gif
  • Options
    PugironPugiron Registered User regular
    I love Kathleen's boobs.

• Options
    hitchmeisterhitchmeister Registered User new member
    I normally wouldn't mention them, but since Kathleen brought them up, they are quite nice.

• Options
    Zachary AmaranthZachary Amaranth Registered User regular
    Who doesn't like boobs?

• Options
    bucketydanbucketydan Mr WalesRegistered User regular
    The advert is playing underneath the main video. I can't stop it. Figured someone would want to know.

• Options
    AdmiralMemoAdmiralMemo Trekkie Extraordinaire Baltimore, Maryland, USARegistered User regular
    I do like boobs.
    Pugiron wrote: »
    I love Kathleen's boobs.
    I normally wouldn't mention them, but since Kathleen brought them up, they are quite nice.
    Who doesn't like boobs?
    For all of you: I heard you liek tits

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    point is

It's a thing that has a screen on it, and Samsung is making it
    So it's gonna be great

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Please endeavor not to be creepy in the comments section.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    Using the female form to lure in us repressed geek-nerds is all well and good, but the developers of gamer-mode never stopped to think of how being forced to look at Graham's ideal, impossible physique would give us gamers feelings of inferiority.

It's blatant misandry is what it is.

• Options
    VilhelmVilhelm Registered User new member
    Haha, Checkpoint gamer mode. Best episode ever.

• Options
    zelzel Registered User regular
    Few things make me actually LOL like checkpoint does and this has to be my favorite one so far. Gamer mode... good stuff

• Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    Not entirelly sure how large the "gamers who need help finding WASD" market share is.

• Options
    thorkosthorkos Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    WSAD is overrated anyway. Make the switch to EDSF. You will thank me.

Edit: Looks like WolvenSpectre beat me to the punch.

There's no good reason to leave the home row, as it makes in-game chat that much easier, while simultaneously adding four extra bindable keys to your arsenal.

Oh, and good episode. :)

thorkos on
    NOLITEACTVMIRI
  • Options
    Don RebaDon Reba Registered User regular
    You should seriously keep gamer mode as a running gag.

• Options
    AthanasiusAthanasius Registered User regular
    Re: WASD vs ESDF ... I go one step further with RDFG, gives me all of zasxqw easily reachable with my little finger. Worked great for SWtOR and GW2 so far.

• Options
    AthanasiusAthanasius Registered User regular
    Oh, and FWIW, whatever stopped me playing the video two weeks ago on Chrome under Linux has been cleared up, I can even play the Asassin's wotsit video now.

• Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    I've been looking at Kathleen's boobs for like three years now, so gamer mode kinda looks the same to me, except she's sellin' it.

• Options
    Father TimeFather Time Registered User regular
    Running away in terror really does sound like Halloween fun.

• Options
    ANeMANeM Registered User regular
    The ending credits needed a dubstep remix, because gamers.

• Options
    Kathleen_LRRKathleen_LRR Registered User regular
    TheSchaef wrote: »
    I've been looking at Kathleen's boobs for like three years now, so gamer mode kinda looks the same to me, except she's sellin' it.
    Eh, there aren't any buyers.

• Options
    RandomRob1906RandomRob1906 VA, USARegistered User new member
    edited July 2012
    deleted.

RandomRob1906 on
  • Options
    MinuteWaltMinuteWalt Mister Registered User regular
    If there was a boob museum, I think Kathleen's should be part of an exhibit. (When she's done with them, of course.)
    Also, LRR: you totally set yourselves up for this, no complaining!

• Options
    arleasarleas Registered User new member
    I didn't need to be told to look at Kathleen's boobs. I was already there.

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Please endeavor not to be creepy in the comments section.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    SkizzSkizz Registered User regular
    Finally, I have been waiting over a year for Kathleen to bend forward. I can stop watching now. Thank you Monday Video Game Cleavage Lady.

• Options
    TheSchaefTheSchaef Registered User regular
    Eh, there aren't any buyers.

Well, I am both married, and not a sort to be a particularly high-in-demand singleton, so the best solace I can offer is that these other single desirables are apparently all boneheads.

• Options
    GuitarGuySvenGuitarGuySven Registered User new member
    I want the panda bathing suite. That is by far the best fight game outfit I've seen

• Options
    DarkironDarkiron Registered User regular
    What's so wrong with liking boobs?

• Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Okay, I'm going to take a moment to sincerely address this.

Nobody is objecting to liking boobs. Go ahead, like boobs. From a biological standpoint, you probably don't have much of a choice in the matter anyway.

The problem is that this video isn't about boobs. Well, part of it sort of is... I guess that's not the right phrasing. The intent of the video isn't to show you boobs. LRR didn't set out to satisfy your desire to see boobs when they made this video. That's not the reason this video exists. This video exists because LRR set out to make something funny. And not just something funny, something funny in a specific way. Something that takes the peculiarities of the news show format and the video game industry, and leverages them into a professional, polished end result that you can't get anywhere else. That's where their efforts went. To researching the subjects they were addressing, writing the material, honing their delivery, recording, editing, and fitting it all together into one coherent whole. Hours of work, from several people, guided by years of experience.

And you see boobs. The one thing you apparently see fit to comment on is Kathleen's boobs. Kathleen's boobs are, apparently, more worthy of comment than anything anyone involved in this show actually worked on. The other people involved in making this video don't matter. Even Kathleen only matters insofar as she has boobs on the front part of her. The work she and everyone else did only matter to the extent that it caused boobs to show up on your monitor.

To the rest of us, it makes you look like a cretin. You see, we watched the video, too, but we saw a lot of things more worthy of comment than boobs. We saw the effort that went into every stage of production, because it comes out in the end result, in the jokes and the polish and the erudition of the commentary. We're aware that Kathleen's boobs aren't the most remarkable (as in worthy of remark) aspect of the video, and so we're left with no conclusion other than that you are unable to appreciate anything beyond what the reptilian centers of your brain tell you.

tl;dr:
    • No one cares that you like boobs.
    • Commenting on boobs adds nothing to the conversation.
    • Commenting on the boobs makes you look like a cretin.
    • Commenting on the boobs downplays all the work done by everyone involved in the production of the show.

you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    JulzildoJulzildo Registered User regular
    Ironic boob showing leads to honest boob enjoyment? Oh, internet.

• Options
    Shakes999Shakes999 Registered User regular
    Im going to remember this thread the next time I get railroaded on here for not liking a movie.

• Options
    dead.juicedead.juice Registered User regular
    I've played consoles for so long that Gamer mode might... actually.. be useful for me...
    *hangs head in shame*

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    dead.juice wrote: »
    I've played consoles for so long that Gamer mode might... actually.. be useful for me...
    *hangs head in shame*

I just need a keyboard that adminsters electric shocks for hitting a non game key three times in a row.

Everytime I switch from League to a shooter my hand takes forever to adjust back to WASD or QWER.

• Options
    ananthapriyaananthapriya Registered User new member
    yeah ! actually this video isn't about boobs.I guess that's not the right phrasing. This video isn't to show you boobs. LRR didn't set out to satisfy your desire to see boobs when they made this video. That's not the reason this video existent ofts. its makes something funny.