As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[White Wolf] Release Schedule Aug 2012 - Aug 2013

IanWIanW HamiltonRegistered User regular
edited July 2012 in Critical Failures
Behold the 2012-2013 release schedule

Hi, I'm Ian. I work for Onyx Path Publishing. I can answer (some) questions about the upcoming release schedule if you like, although most of the good stuff is at that link.

Ian A. A. Watson
web management
onyx path publishing
IanW on

• Options
    Really? No one?

okay.jpg

Ian A. A. Watson
    web management
    onyx path publishing
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I'd like to know more about the new Demon, please.

D:tF was my favorite White Wolf game lore, full stop.

• Options
    Edith_Bagot-DixEdith_Bagot-Dix Registered User regular
    I'd love to know more about the new Mummy as well.

Also on Steam and PSN: twobadcats
  • Options
    blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    You also might get more of a response by posting in the General RPG thread.

• Options

Not much can be said about it yet since it's still over a year out. However, it does tie in with the God Machine mythos first established on about p. 27 of the World of Darkness core rulebook, and sprinkled liberally throughout supplements since then. So it's less overtly Judeo-Christian than Fallen, but still has its connections to mythology.
    I'd love to know more about the new Mummy as well.

Quite a few teasers are available on the Mummy: The Curse development blog. It should be going up for sale soon. I've started assembling the ingredients for the Kickstarter video for the deluxe hardcopy.

Ian A. A. Watson
    web management
    onyx path publishing
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    IanW wrote: »

Not much can be said about it yet since it's still over a year out. However, it does tie in with the God Machine mythos first established on about p. 27 of the World of Darkness core rulebook, and sprinkled liberally throughout supplements since then. So it's less overtly Judeo-Christian than Fallen, but still has its connections to mythology.

Huh. I'll have to dig up my WoD core and look that up. I think I bought it when it was first released.

The Judeo-Christian theme of D:tF was a smokescreen; it was actually more Gnostic, with heavy pagan elements. Lots of mythologies feature a great war between celestial powers, with the losers being cast down to become monsters.

I just hope that it retains the same scope. After a whole bunch of "A Storytelling Game of XXXXXX Horror," it was very refreshing to have "A Storytelling Game of Infernal Glory."

I mean. Infernal Glory.

Fuck yeah!

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    I've always been interested in the idea of Exalted, especial Sidreals, but always found the actual game to be pretty impenetrable.

Is the third edition's goal fixing fixing the previous edition's problems or building a new system?

• Options
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    Is the third edition's goal fixing fixing the previous edition's problems or building a new system?

A short time ago, the "Scroll of Errata" was released as a 2.5 patch on 2e. But there's only so much patching you can do.

Exalted 3e is going to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Ian A. A. Watson
    web management
    onyx path publishing
  • Options
    Huh. I'll have to dig up my WoD core and look that up. I think I bought it when it was first released.

It also appears in (I believe) Pandora's Book for Promethean, has a covenant dedicated to it in Vampire's Danse Macabre, and has a few other references here and there.
    The Judeo-Christian theme of D:tF was a smokescreen; it was actually more Gnostic, with heavy pagan elements.

Oh, I'm aware. My statement still stands. (:

Ian A. A. Watson
    web management
    onyx path publishing
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Vampire the Requiem- Blood Sorcery well I could make really nasty characters but then it might work to make them a really evil villain instead

The return of the Strix I don't know we have played the Rome Book and the Fall a few times with different results each time so I really don't know if this would help or answer some questions

I am curious if the nWoD- The God Machine Chronicle is what that story in the WoD rulebook talked about and some of the stories they have in other books give hints at

Hmm they also say they are going to do some of the books via kickstarter