As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Game of Secrets-use the other thread!

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    I can't say that was entirely unexpected.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    Game mechanic wise maybe we should just kill everyone who gets targeted by the public Seering. If they are village Mafia is going to get rid of them. If they are Mafia they will just voted out.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    warban wrote: »
    Game mechanic wise maybe we should just kill everyone who gets targeted by the public Seering. If they are village Mafia is going to get rid of them. If they are Mafia they will just voted out.

That is pretty much what has been happening with it.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i am going to post and vote

predictably~

also the tilde is a sacred animal, please, no sacrilege.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    diorinix~

the part where you said "try harder" was pretty cool

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Well, for such an interesting day, it sure was a rather expected end. Going to be out for most of the day proper so I'll throw my current vote out now. Should be back before close if I need to adjust.

Zandracon Due to a general short post length lack of reasoning in votes (atleast publicly offered reasoning). As well as a consistency to vote well late into the day in general throw away votes, making it HIGHLY unlikely in 1.5 hours of there being a shift to their intended target. This allows him to stay off bandwagons, appear less suspicious. The fact he has voted for Megafrosty for two days straight doesn't do him credit if he knows it a throw away vote, he wouldn't actually be putting the other mafia at risk and later can use that as credit for his 'village' status.

I also like the Tzeetchling vote, he has been saved often supported by mafia two nights so far, Anialos' and Smooves days. In addition many of the people who originally brought forward Tzeetch have been killed off (MrT, Premium, Infidel).

Romanquerty for pretty much the same reasons Cid stated a two nights ago.

edited August 2012
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Zandracon Due to a general short post length lack of reasoning in votes (atleast publicly offered reasoning). As well as a consistency to vote well late into the day in general throw away votes, making it HIGHLY unlikely in 1.5 hours of there being a shift to their intended target. This allows him to stay off bandwagons, appear less suspicious. The fact he has voted for Megafrosty for two days straight doesn't do him credit if he knows it a throw away vote, he wouldn't actually be putting the other mafia at risk and later can use that as credit for his 'village' status.

Oh. He is just being Zandracon I'm sure. That's how the Zandracon(TM) post generator scripting system operates at the best of times. I wouldn't argue with him being assigned the mafia role. But you might as well just say, hey everyone Lets vote !Zandracon. Why? who cares why, He's the status quo of unreadable borderline inactivity.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    !M.D. On a hunch.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited August 2012

Oh. He is just being Zandracon I'm sure. That's how the Zandracon(TM) post generator scripting system operates at the best of times. I wouldn't argue with him being assigned the mafia role. But you might as well just say, hey everyone Lets vote !Zandracon. Why? who cares why, He's the status quo of unreadable borderline inactivity.
    Oh sure, that's a perfectly valid argument.

But what if he really is mafia

The Anonymous on

Oh sure, that's a perfectly valid argument.

But what if he really is mafia

Then good luck getting him to send in kill actions when he is the last mafia left alive.

ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    yea wont happen

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    kime

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    TRV

• TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Gotta say I'm still Gunning for Romanqwerty

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    Good for you. I'm gonna vote for zandracon

actually scratch that. The_Anonymous is still alive.

I legit think trv is evil now

kime wrote: »
    kime
    My braaaaaiiiiiin

• adventfallsadventfalls Why would you wish to know? Registered User regular
    oooOOoooooOOOoooo

I gave it my best. No regrets.

OOooooOoooo

NintendoID: AdventFalls 3DS Code: 3454-0237-6080
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Zandracon posts the same whether mafia or not. Maybe too few "tee hee" posts but still.

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Have to agree with TNB on romanqwerty. He gunned for TNB earlier on, and has been averaging one post per day, which, well...I don't know why people continually point out Zand as borderline inactive when roman's barely half a step above him in that regard.

I have fuck all to add to the conversation. I stopped gunning for TNB because he stopped being stupid ( also vote records point against him being mafia).

That is...not much of an explanation. It pretty much parrots what I just said.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    here is a short list of players whom i think have posted infrequently enough to avoid any analysis of what they say beyond "man they aren't posting a lot"

-Mill
    -tzeentchling
    -REG Rysk
    -romanqwerty
    -The Ender
    -Cythraul
    -INANTP
    -The Anonymous
    -38thDoe
    -Zandracon
    -shalmelo
    -Phyphor

now obviously that isn't exactly a short list but it's where i'd start looking really hard

when you have a list that long you bet that some mafia are going to take advantage of it to hide in

liEt3nH.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    tzeentchling

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I still think The Ender is too quiet and unhelpful. I have less worries about Zandracon, but TRV is starting to ping my mafiadar.

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    here is a short list of players whom i think have posted infrequently enough to avoid any analysis of what they say beyond "man they aren't posting a lot"

-Mill
    -tzeentchling
    -REG Rysk
    -romanqwerty
    -The Ender
    -Cythraul
    -INANTP
    -The Anonymous
    -38thDoe
    -Zandracon
    -shalmelo
    -Phyphor

now obviously that isn't exactly a short list but it's where i'd start looking really hard

when you have a list that long you bet that some mafia are going to take advantage of it to hide in

Seriously? I actually feel like I've been posting pretty frequently in this game.

Of course with that said, I'm going to be away from my computer for pretty much the entire day today. So I'm putting in a vote for someone who has posted way less than me, with way less substance and yet somehow miraculously isn't on your list there.

~Lucedes

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Yeah sorry for not being as active. I got LASIK on Thursday so I had a bunch of work to catch up on before. And then I came home and played TF2.

Lucedes has been odd to me this game, just kinda randomly throwing suspicions and then changing the following day.

I guess Zandracon is a choice that will/will not yield positive results.

vagrant_winds Is what my gut instinct is telling me.

For what its worth, I think TZ is a villager because when spool was pming me about "suspicions" and such before he died mafia, he was trying to push suspicion/bandwagon on TZ. I know he could have been doing it to protect another mafia, but I really could have taken that suspicion, found a compelling reason for the thread to vote for TZ, and ran with it. I think that would have been too risky.

So a vote on tz with no explanation is pretty suspicious to me.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    cythraul has been rather silent. Maybe some votes can get him to be more talkative?

cythraul has been rather silent. Maybe some votes can get him to be more talkative?

I support this, since I was thinking of voting for him as well.

• MillMill Registered User regular
    For now I'm going to put a vote in on romanqwerty because I'm not feeling the Lucedes vote.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    It is exceedingly qviet today. I do not care for phalla weekends

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I am mostly away painting a deck. Forgive my mostly inactivity today!

It's raining here. I've got a 2 month old shrieking and a 5 year old with ADHD bouncing off the walls. My brain is melting today.

• The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Adventfalls posted a brilliant analysis of the shading dealings done by Vagrant_Winds.
    Recurring patterns:

-TrueNeverborn: While appearing to make a really, really bad call on Day 1, he also had a wagon with Exarch and Megafrost on him on Day 2. And it was a relatively close vote. Not a sure-fire sign he's clean, but there's a scent of lemony freshness.
    -vagrant_winds: Has switched onto the 'winning' vote twice: one on Day 1 when it was off of a mafia, again Day 3 when he got off of Mill to vote for Anialos - and that vote no one else switched saw for Anialos himself. Looks sketchy, check him out.

Day 1 is the only day I can see with a definite bandwagon shift onto Langley and off of psolms and to a lesser extent TrueNeverborn.

He needs to be taken care of.

With Love and Courage
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    I haven't been that active this game, spending the long weekend with relatives and posting from my phone

• DiorinixDiorinix Registered User regular
    I'm super busy today...don't know if I will get a chance to check in before vote close.

romanqwerty in case I can't.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mmmmm....toasty.
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Well I'll get more talkative, I'm home for the evening!

What would you like to know? :D

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Well I'll get more talkative, I'm home for the evening!

What would you like to know? :D

How does it feel to be so mafia