As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CHAT] [CHAT] [CHAT] [CHAT]

• Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    jeep treats his opinions like he treats his women. No fucks given.

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2012
    are you nerds talking about food

tyrannus on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    I'm having to name characters for a script I'm working on, but I can't think of any names. Well, I can, but they all start with the same letters. I can't have a cast of Eric, Eilene, E.J, etc.

So I'm using the names of [Chat]ters as placeholders until I think of something better. Hope you don't mind.

Name one of your characters Winky and then leave him that way.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    what's the point of blackening a burger? is it better in some way?

i'm thinking of ordering the baxter off this menu and it's blackened

http://www.shortsburgerandshine.com/menu.php

Blackening usually means it's dipped in butter then covered in Cajun spices, before being cooked at high heat to make a crust on it. Some places though consider blackening just cooking the meat until the outside chars.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    It's that time of the day.

Where I start thinking about how awesome it is that I'll be going home soon.

yay!

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    oh noes hyperbole

I never exaggerate, and it pisses me off when people falsely accuse me of it. Everytime someone accuses me of hyperbole, I feel like killing them.

My point was more that you seemed to be unduly annoyed by other's use of it.

Naw, I don't care either way if people exaggerate. I was just using short hand for all the Regina Fongs in the world who are really annoyed by something that isn't really that big a deal in the end.

What other subjects should people not have strong opinions on oh wise sage of moderation?

Pretty much anything. I mean, opinions are okay! But are you or your family members directly effected by it? If not, is it killing or saving lives, especially in large quantities? No? Then you should probably chill out. It's okay to be disappointed by NBC's broadcast, but it's not a big deal.

Sports are cool. But in the end it doesn't matter how well my country does or how much of it is broadcast.

• Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    I thought this chat title was referring to

SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS

EVERY BODYYY

3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

Happened to Mark Cavendish as well. Though he at least has four team mates to deflect some of the flak.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    oh god that reminds me of the best one of all

podly, you are a DANDYPRAT

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I think we know that we have truly reached the future when every single video posted to youtube also has a song version.

Then we will have reached the double future when every one of those song versions has a dubstep remix.

Winky on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    You Sir, I say you!

You are a cad and bounder.

* pulls out flick-knife *

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular

Blackening usually means it's dipped in butter then covered in Cajun spices, before being cooked at high heat to make a crust on it. Some places though consider blackening just cooking the meat until the outside chars.

this is a really fancy burger place so i believe they might do what you described.

i may also get #5 on that, the popejoy. don't know what muffuletta sauce is but

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffuletta

that sounds kind of tasty!

• Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »

EVERY BODYYY
    imagine my surprise when I looked at the OP and saw a bunch of dumb cubes that some dork didn't finish drawing

• Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    Winky wrote: »
    Weedlord Bonerhitler is actually a name that runs in his family. It has historical value.

Weedlord Bonerhitler IV

• Options
    Hakkekage wrote: »

EVERY BODYYY

You would.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    if i were a braver man i would change my name to weedlord bonerhitler

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    You Sir, I say you!

* pulls out flick-knife *

*straightens hat*

*brandishes cane*

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    I am Weedlord Bonerhitler.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Weedlord Bonerhitler is actually a name that runs in his family. It has historical value.

Weedlord Bonerhitler IV

that kind of person probably uses similar logic to justify the confederate flag too

• Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular

Just in case you're confused on this one, blackening should not be confused with like, charring.

I assume they mean http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackening_(cooking). It's usually done to fish and chicken, and I'm a huge fan.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    I can't stand cajun cuisine. Gross bottom-feeding seafood and an unwholesome blend of spices combine to make some of the nastiest crap you ever scraped off the bottom of a pan.

I might not feel that way if not for jambalaya being a regular menu item while I was in the navy, but it was, and now just thinking of cajun cooking makes me queasy.

• Options
    No, I am Weedlord Bonerhitler.

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular

Happened to Mark Cavendish as well. Though he at least has four team mates to deflect some of the flak.

"Oh wow, because this young man came fourth out of everyone capable of doing what he did, I am going to accuse him of letting down his recently deceased father! How dare he deceive the Sun into reporting he could actually get a medal!"

• Options
    No! I am Weedlord Bonerhitler!

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    No, I am Weedlord Bonerhitler.

Liar, you're Bonerlord Weedhitler.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    You Sir, I say you!

YOU-SIR-YOU-ARE-A-BLIGHT.jpg

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

Weedlord Bonerhitler IV

that kind of person probably uses similar logic to justify the confederate flag too

Weedlord Bonehitler the First served the Confederate Army bravely.

He fought exclusively for states rights, and not slavery.

I know he was cool with black people because he totally had a friend who was a slave.

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    Two be fair, synchronized diving is kind of silly.

Divers are hot though so for me personally there's never been a mens diving anything that I didn't enjoy.

• Options
    I too often find that as seasoned as cajun food is, the closer you get to New Orleans the less they know how to use motherfucking salt. This may not be apparent in some of their slop cuisines like gumbo and jambalaya.

• Options
    Two be fair, synchronized diving is kind of silly.

Divers are hot though so for me personally there's never been a mens diving anything that I didn't enjoy.

Four real though.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    @Winky what did you end up doing re: food

My shame already reveals all...

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    As Weedlord Bonerhitler, first Duke of Sticky Buddington

Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    its ok gooey

we are all weedlord bonerhitler in purgatory

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    I'm having to name characters for a script I'm working on, but I can't think of any names. Well, I can, but they all start with the same letters. I can't have a cast of Eric, Eilene, E.J, etc.

So I'm using the names of [Chat]ters as placeholders until I think of something better. Hope you don't mind.

Name one of your characters Winky and then leave him that way.

I might actually do that. I need an unfortunate nickname for one of the characters. "Winky" works well.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

Weedlord Bonerhitler IV

Weedlord Bonehitler the First served the Confederate Army bravely.

He fought exclusively for states rights, and not slavery.

I know he was cool with black people because he totally had a friend who was a slave.

History shows that he was only friends with that slave for his hookup, though.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not a fan of crustaceans, but am definitely a fan of cajun seasoning. Just chicken or sausage jambalaya is pretty dope and old bay seasoning makes pretty much everything better, especially twice baked potatoes. So good.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    i made beef stew yesterday

it is p tasty if i do say so myself

my stock was 3 cups beef stock and 2 anchor bock beers

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    I think we know that we have truly reached the future when every single video posted to youtube also has a song version.

Then we will have reached the double future when every one of those song versions has a dubstep remix.

I've seen some real shit get dubstepped

glitchstep snuff films man

there are dedicated websites

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    hm, to get a baxter or a popejoy.

i am not so good with spicy foods. the baxter may be spicy w/ the mayo and the blackening.

god it sounds good tho.

think i'll go w/ the popejoy this time.

new foods!

This discussion has been closed.